Si Casa Flores closed
(09-17-2017, 03:02 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 02:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 02:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 02:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 02:02 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Okay. 
That CCG mentioned Kaleidoscope doesn't change the fact that we started here talking about Si Casa Flores closing and what other Mexican places we might find in the valley. Information and opinion I would like to know. 
So, the pizza at Kaleidoscope is greasy (?) and from there we go...where? Cold Stone Creamy? They have a lot of widows, I wonder who cleans them? Anyone have a clue who is the best window cleaner in Medford. Do they have a union? Are Unions really necessary or do they only bleed the members? 
And Tia, you still have not posted the "Mom and Pop" Mexican places you thought were the best in the valley. I, (for one) would like to know so I can give 'em a try. After I have clam chowder at Four Daughters. Not to be confused with "The Sisters Brothers", and Oregon story. Speaking of stories....

Brew club...Craft Whisky pub? Whatever. 

Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows.

GTH

Go to hell? Really, Tia? 
(See "Fires")

I don't know why you have a problem with "Get them horses." Rolling Eyes

Don't back up now. Have the guts to stick with your comment. 
Again, one of the great things about social media: We can be aggressive without consequence. You live long enough, perhaps someone will someday toss a beer in your face before knocking your ass off a bar stool. 
I know you haven't been feeling well. I hope that has some bearing on your comment.

What planet do you live in where people in bars knock women off of their stools for saying "go to hell" ?

And you FINALLY figured out that on social media people can and often DO say whatever they want?
You know this could be to YOUR advantage because without this forum maybe no one would have ever told you what a control freak you are.

The wife and I have eaten at Immortal Spirits and enjoyed it very much and would recommend it. We also like Bricktown Brewing, yes, its a brew pub, but the food is great and so are the brews and atmosphere, same goes for The Point in Medford and CP.
(09-17-2017, 03:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 03:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 02:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Go to hell? Really, Tia? 
(See "Fires")

Again, one of the great things about social media: We can be aggressive without consequence. You live long enough, perhaps someone will someday toss a beer in your face before knocking your ass off a bar stool. 
I know you haven't been feeling well. I hope that has some bearing on your comment.

Bugger off.  How's that?

Done. And done.
That's 2 out  of 3. Shouldn't be any problem for you to insult scrapper. I mean, that's your go-to.
(09-17-2017, 06:01 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 02:48 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know why you have a problem with "Get them horses." Rolling Eyes

Bugger off.  How's that?

Done. And done.
That's 2 out  of 3. Shouldn't be any problem for you to insult scrapper. I mean, that's your go-to.

And it's no problem insulting you. Except you are so stone cold ignorant you don't even know when you have been insulted.
(09-17-2017, 02:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 02:02 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Okay. 
That CCG mentioned Kaleidoscope doesn't change the fact that we started here talking about Si Casa Flores closing and what other Mexican places we might find in the valley. Information and opinion I would like to know. 
So, the pizza at Kaleidoscope is greasy (?) and from there we go...where? Cold Stone Creamy? They have a lot of widows, I wonder who cleans them? Anyone have a clue who is the best window cleaner in Medford. Do they have a union? Are Unions really necessary or do they only bleed the members? 
And Tia, you still have not posted the "Mom and Pop" Mexican places you thought were the best in the valley. I, (for one) would like to know so I can give 'em a try. After I have clam chowder at Four Daughters. Not to be confused with "The Sisters Brothers", and Oregon story. Speaking of stories....

Brew club...Craft Whisky pub? Whatever. 

Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows.

GTH

Go to hell? Really, Tia? 
(See "Fires")

Oh, please.  Let's be honest.  You are using social  media to be aggressive. Passive aggressive. You would not, for one moment talk to me the way you have here if I was in front of you. Nor would you say the things you have said to Scrapper either.  You hide behind the screen of this faceless forum to throw your barbs.  In fact, if you spoke to someone here's wife in person, the way you have spoken to me and Scrapper here behind this shield, I'm willing to bet more than throwing a beer in your face or knocking you off your barstool would occur. But...you wouldn't do that, would you? You spineless coward.
(09-17-2017, 08:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 02:08 PM)Juniper Wrote: GTH

Go to hell? Really, Tia? 
(See "Fires")

Oh, please.  Let's be honest.  You are using social  media to be aggressive. Passive aggressive. You would not, for one moment talk to me the way you have here if I was in front of you. Nor would you say the things you have said to Scrapper either.  You hide behind the screen of this faceless forum to throw your barbs.  In fact, if you spoke to someone here's wife in person, the way you have spoken to me and Scrapper here behind this shield, I'm willing to bet more than throwing a beer in your face or knocking you off your barstool would occur. But...you wouldn't do that, would you? You spineless coward.

It is exactly what he ACCUSES us all of doing, while he's doing it.  But he will never admit it.  In fact, he will be appalled that you could think such a thing! 

Then he will disappear for 3-5 days.
(09-17-2017, 07:58 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 06:01 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 03:02 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Don't back up now. Have the guts to stick with your comment. 

Bugger off.  How's that?

Done. And done.

And it's no problem insulting you. Except you are so stone cold ignorant you don't even know when you have been insulted.
You'll have to consult your thesaurus and do better than that. I'm many things but ignorant isn't one of them. I've spent my whole life battling delusional self-agrandizing jerks. Like you.
Possibly WAY off subject especially since Si Casa Flores closed!  Surprised Rolling Eyes

But you may want to check the Health Department scores before making your final decision on where to eat out in Jackson County.  Ninja

http://jacksoncountyor.org/hhs/Environme...d-Services
(09-17-2017, 11:58 AM)bbqboy Wrote: They aren't TexMex, they're mostly CalMex.
Wonky seems to be hurt that we haven't praised his genius in telling us about LaTapatia, the most acclaimed Mexican joint in all of Southern Oregon and which has been discussed right here many times.

The three cooks left LaTapatia. Went across the street at the old Socos. Los Tres Portrillos.
Loosely translates, the three escapees.

https://www.facebook.com/Los-Tres-Potril...591875405/
Wonky seems to be hurt that we haven't praised his genius in telling us about LaTapatia, the most acclaimed Mexican joint in all of Southern Oregon and which has been discussed right here many times.

The three cooks left LaTapatia. Went across the street at the old Socos. Los Tres Portrillos. Now two good choices.

I have not tried them yet. I shall.
(09-18-2017, 01:49 PM)Willie Krash Wrote:

The three cooks left LaTapatia. Went across the street at the old Socos. Los Tres Portrillos. Now two good choices.

They've been on my radar and I've seen some decent social media regarding them.
(09-16-2017, 08:21 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 07:46 AM)GCG Wrote: Did anyone read the article in the MT about this? It claims, more or less, that the owner had been accused of sexual harassment a few years ago and the operation has been struggling ever since. We used to go there, (as well as Matzatlans), on occasion. I believe that the same family owns Si Casa Flores, Matzatlans and Las Palmas... and perhaps some others as well. 

Our last experience, (take-out form Matzatlans), was quite literally, our LAST experience. It was so horrible that we threw all of it down the drain.

...so, any recommendations for a good Tex-Mex restaurant in Medford, or nearby?
Fiesta in Medford is pretty good.  In a strip mall on Riverside is pretty damn tasty.  Their Molcajete is soooooo good.
And, after skimming through this thread, it's a shocker that there aren't more people posting here. Some things really never do change.
(09-22-2017, 02:25 PM)BeerMe Wrote: And, after skimming through this thread, it's a shocker that there aren't more people posting here.  Some things really never do change.

Yeah I get the sarcasm so tell me about other forums that have the same bickering? Because I've never seen one.

But the thread is about where to get Mexican food and went on to other types of restaurants. So if that was why you looked at the thread you still got your moneys worth didn't you? Smiling
(09-22-2017, 03:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 02:25 PM)BeerMe Wrote: And, after skimming through this thread, it's a shocker that there aren't more people posting here.  Some things really never do change.

Yeah I get the sarcasm so tell me about other forums that have the same bickering? Because I've never seen one.

But the thread is about where to get Mexican food and went on to other types of restaurants. So if that was why you looked at the thread you still got your moneys worth didn't you? Smiling

"But the thread is about where to get Mexican food and went on to other types of restaurants"
Damn! You just can't help yourself can you? ALWAYS trying to direct the forum and pissing and moaning when it goes off topic.  Razz Razz Razz
(09-22-2017, 04:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

"But the thread is about where to get Mexican food and went on to other types of restaurants"
Damn! You just can't help yourself can you? ALWAYS trying to direct the forum and pissing and moaning when it goes off topic.  Razz Razz Razz

I don't see the humor.
(09-22-2017, 05:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I don't see the humor.

You wouldn't.  Laughing
(09-22-2017, 05:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I don't see the humor.

You wouldn't.  Laughing
I doubt anyone but you does.
(09-22-2017, 05:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 05:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 03:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yeah I get the sarcasm so tell me about other forums that have the same bickering? Because I've never seen one.

I don't see the humor.

You wouldn't.  Laughing
I doubt anyone but you does.
See there you go again "Hall monitor". Suggesting what others here think. 
Of course you are most likely correct.
Doesn't change the point.