Take a knee.
In order for me to call these black athletes names like trash and POS or un American.
I have to assume they are purposely disrespecting our flag.
OR I have to think they are disrespecting soldiers who fought or died for that flag.

That's pretty much it for all the people who are so outraged. But what makes all these people so sure that is what they are doing when it's not what I've ever heard any of them say?

IMO the people outraged are basically putting words in the the mouths of those athletes. It started with one man and his intent was to draw attention to what he perceived as racial injustice toward fellow blacks.
And then of course our idiot in charge with diarrhea of the mouth made comments that fanned the flames. Like a spoiled child who had a birthday party he threw a tantrum because some of the kids hesitated to attend.

So he UN invites all of them. Then this SO presidential man boy decided to call those who take a knee sons of bitches.

For me I have a bigger problem with the people who bad mouth America on social media every single day.
People who actually admit to and saying exactly what these black athletes are accused of thinking.
This country is not perfect but to me it's still the greatest country in the world and our claim to fame is our freedom.
These athletes are free to take a knee. Many of the most outraged fought for that freedom and had family who died fighting for that freedom.
NOW some of them want to claim they have the right to decide how Americans use that freedom?
People may say these athletes cause is fabricated or exaggerated. I'm sure there were many who said the same in 1964.
(09-27-2017, 01:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: In order for me to call these black athletes names like trash and POS or un American.
OR I have to think they are disrespecting soldiers who fought or died for that flag.

That's pretty much it for all the people who are so outraged. But what makes all these people so sure that is what they are doing when it's not what I've ever heard any of them say?

IMO the people outraged are basically putting words in the the mouths of those athletes. It started with one man and his intent was to draw attention to what he perceived as racial injustice toward fellow blacks.
And then of course our idiot in charge with diarrhea of the mouth made comments that fanned the flames. Like a spoiled child who had a birthday party he threw a tantrum because some of the kids hesitated to attend.

So he UN invites all of them. Then this SO presidential man boy decided to call those who take a knee sons of bitches.

For me I have a bigger problem with the people who bad mouth America on social media every single day.
People who actually admit to and saying exactly what these black athletes are accused of thinking.
This country is not perfect but to me it's still the greatest country in the world and our claim to fame is our freedom.
These athletes are free to take a knee. Many of the most outraged fought for that freedom and had family who died fighting for that freedom.
NOW some of them want to claim they have the right to decide how Americans use that freedom?
People may say these athletes cause is fabricated or exaggerated. I'm sure there were many who said the same in 1964.

When Trump opened up his big stupid mouth... he gave legitimacy to the guys taking the knee. I like what Dallas did on Monday night. They took a knee just prior to the anthem and then the all stood during the anthem.

As to Kaepernick and his "protest." He never seemed to have much to protest about until he lost his starting job and lost his place in the limelight. Only then did he begin all of this. I like what Jim Brown said...

from: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...602349001/

In an interview with ThePostGame, Brown said he understands Kaepernick fighting for a cause but doesn't approve of his approach.

"I want to be in his corner, and I do think, 'God bless him,' " Brown said. "I'm going to give you the real deal: I'm an American. I don't desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I'm not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I'm going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I'll work out the problems, but I'll do it in an intelligent manner."
(09-27-2017, 02:05 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 01:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: In order for me to call these black athletes names like trash and POS or un American.

When Trump opened up his big stupid mouth... he gave legitimacy to the guys taking the knee. I like what Dallas did on Monday night. They took a knee just prior to the anthem and then the all stood during the anthem.

As to Kaepernick and his "protest." He never seemed to have much to protest about until he lost his starting job and lost his place in the limelight. Only then did he begin all of this. I like what Jim Brown said...

In an interview with ThePostGame, Brown said he understands Kaepernick fighting for a cause but doesn't approve of his approach.

"I want to be in his corner, and I do think, 'God bless him,' " Brown said. "I'm going to give you the real deal: I'm an American. I don't desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I'm not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I'm going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I'll work out the problems, but I'll do it in an intelligent manner."
I agree with Brown somewhat I don't approve of what Kaepernick did but I don't see it as desecrating the flag.

As to Kaepernick and his "protest." He never seemed to have much to protest about until he lost his starting job and lost his place in the limelight. Only then did he begin all of this.

I don't see how one can really say there is a connection. Does that comment imply he is not sincere and that he was just trying to be disruptive? Or maybe he lost any reason to care if his actions did harm to the 49ers.

He has given 700K so far from a one million dollar pledge to various charities. That sounds like someone who is sincere to me.

Brown.....I'm going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I'll work out the problems, but I'll do it in an intelligent manner.

Intelligent manner eh? Funny who has heard ANYTHING from Brown about any racial injustice compared to Kaepernick?
I like this....

Quote:These Protests Aren’t About a Flag, an Anthem, or the Military—and You Know it
SEPTEMBER 26, 2017 / JOHN PAVLOVITZ

[Image: Kneelingnflplayers.jpg]
“They’re disrespecting the flag!”
“They’re disrespecting the Anthem!”
“They’re disrespecting the Military!”

These have been the constant refrains from many people over the past week (most of them white) in response to NFL players locking arms or taking a knee or placing a fist in the air during the National Anthem: that such things represent an attack on this country, on its servicemen and women—on America itself.
Never mind that those actually protesting have denied such things over and over and over again, both before and after every game. Such details are of little importance, especially when those details would effectively defuse any histrionics from the righteously indignant critics, and force them to actually confront the very real ugliness at hand.
This purposeful missing of the point isn’t surprising in Donald Trump’s America, since gaslighting and deflecting and feigning ignorance are hismodus operandi—tactics all of which have been on display in reckless, incendiary press statements; nationalist-baiting Tweets; and “I never said anything about race” post game stupidity.
In saying that these athletes are protesting the flag or the Military or the Anthem—you are choosing to listen to your bias and not their actual words.  You’re simply ignoring their repeated statements, in order to perpetuate the narrative you need to oppose them without feeling any responsibility to wrestle with the difficult issues they raise.
By creating a black and white “Traitorous NFL Player vs. America” storyline, you’re able to completely ignore the stated and repeated impetus behind Kaepernick’s initial protest (and every one that’s followed): the plea for people of color to be treated with equity by law enforcement, the criminal justice system, and our government. When the President labels these men “sons of bitches” who should be terminated—he’s only proving why their protests are valid and necessary to begin with.
The idea that there was a “better way” to do these demonstrations is a diversion and unhelpful, as there are a million ways to be an activist.Kaepernick originally leveraged his platform, influence, and visibility to declare that black lives were valuable and should be part of whatever “making America great” looks like. It’s really that simple. The hysterical response to it all by largely white Americans, only underscores precisely why Kaepernick protested in the first place, the deeply embedded racism this country is afflicted with, and why many white people will do almost anything to avoid dealing with it. The “better way” they were looking for from these players, is one out of the spotlight, away from their entertainment—and somewhere they didn’t have to look at it or deal with it.
A piece of cloth is not sacred, and a song (especially one with a suspectgenesis) is not sacred. They are symbols of a freedom that those serving our country have died to give all of us and to protect for all of us. That freedom is supposed to be available to every human being who calls this county home—because they, not the flag or the anthem, are sacred.They alone are worthy of reverence and honor and respect. And the simple, brutal truth—is that since America’s inception, people of color have not received anything close to such equity. They’ve been the ones who have been “disrespected” (and this is being extremely kind).
That’s why Colin Kaepernick took a knee.
It’s why players locked arms.
It’s why they raised their fists in the air.
They have said as much without hesitation or ambiguity.
They done these things, not because they hate this country—but because they want everyone here to have the liberty the flag points to and the song suggests. 

For anyone to try put words in their mouths or assign to them motives that they’ve clearly denied, or to try and shame and silence them because this all makes them uncomfortable is the very definition of privilege. It’s exactly the kind of marginalizing and disregard that made these protests necessary in the first place. To come to the defense of a piece of cloth or a song, and not to the people beneath these protests is willful sin.
This is not about an attack on a flag or an anthem or on those who’ve served this country.
You can try and make it about those things—but that really just makes it about you , what you’re willing to talk about and what you don’t want to be inconvenienced with.
I think that’s the point these players are making: America is about more than you—or at least it’s supposed to be.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/09/26/pro...tary-know/
[Image: 22089638_10213939201055369_6613281081156...e=5A83C56A]

[Image: 21766584_10213933626956020_3103373564854...e=5A48AFAF]

[Image: 22045792_10213393805147005_2587835467559...e=5A816971]

[Image: 22050365_10213928865436985_7590505255487...e=5A469A4F]
(09-27-2017, 02:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 02:05 PM)GCG Wrote:

I agree with Brown somewhat I don't approve of what Kaepernick did but I don't see it as desecrating the flag.

As to Kaepernick and his "protest." He never seemed to have much to protest about until he lost his starting job and lost his place in the limelight. Only then did he begin all of this.

I don't see how one can really say there is a connection. Does that comment imply he is not sincere and that he was just trying to be disruptive? Or maybe he lost any reason to care if his actions did harm to the 49ers.

No. It implies that he craves attention

He has given 700K so far from a one million dollar pledge to various charities. That sounds like someone who is sincere to me.

Brown.....I'm going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I'll work out the problems, but I'll do it in an intelligent manner.

Intelligent manner eh? Funny who has heard ANYTHING from Brown about any racial injustice compared to Kaepernick?
(09-27-2017, 02:37 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I like this....

Quote:These Protests Aren’t About a Flag, an Anthem, or the Military—and You Know it

These have been the constant refrains from many people over the past week (most of them white) in response to NFL players locking arms or taking a knee or placing a fist in the air during the National Anthem: that such things represent an attack on this country, on its servicemen and women—on America itself.
Never mind that those actually protesting have denied such things over and over and over again, both before and after every game. Such details are of little importance, especially when those details would effectively defuse any histrionics from the righteously indignant critics, and force them to actually confront the very real ugliness at hand.
This purposeful missing of the point isn’t surprising in Donald Trump’s America, since gaslighting and deflecting and feigning ignorance are hismodus operandi—tactics all of which have been on display in reckless, incendiary press statements; nationalist-baiting Tweets; and “I never said anything about race” post game stupidity.
In saying that these athletes are protesting the flag or the Military or the Anthem—you are choosing to listen to your bias and not their actual words.  You’re simply ignoring their repeated statements, in order to perpetuate the narrative you need to oppose them without feeling any responsibility to wrestle with the difficult issues they raise.
By creating a black and white “Traitorous NFL Player vs. America” storyline, you’re able to completely ignore the stated and repeated impetus behind Kaepernick’s initial protest (and every one that’s followed): the plea for people of color to be treated with equity by law enforcement, the criminal justice system, and our government. When the President labels these men “sons of bitches” who should be terminated—he’s only proving why their protests are valid and necessary to begin with.
The idea that there was a “better way” to do these demonstrations is a diversion and unhelpful, as there are a million ways to be an activist.Kaepernick originally leveraged his platform, influence, and visibility to declare that black lives were valuable and should be part of whatever “making America great” looks like. It’s really that simple. The hysterical response to it all by largely white Americans, only underscores precisely why Kaepernick protested in the first place, the deeply embedded racism this country is afflicted with, and why many white people will do almost anything to avoid dealing with it. The “better way” they were looking for from these players, is one out of the spotlight, away from their entertainment—and somewhere they didn’t have to look at it or deal with it.
A piece of cloth is not sacred, and a song (especially one with a suspectgenesis) is not sacred. They are symbols of a freedom that those serving our country have died to give all of us and to protect for all of us. That freedom is supposed to be available to every human being who calls this county home—because they, not the flag or the anthem, are sacred.They alone are worthy of reverence and honor and respect. And the simple, brutal truth—is that since America’s inception, people of color have not received anything close to such equity. They’ve been the ones who have been “disrespected” (and this is being extremely kind).
They done these things, not because they hate this country—but because they want everyone here to have the liberty the flag points to and the song suggests. 

For anyone to try put words in their mouths or assign to them motives that they’ve clearly denied, or to try and shame and silence them because this all makes them uncomfortable is the very definition of privilege. It’s exactly the kind of marginalizing and disregard that made these protests necessary in the first place. To come to the defense of a piece of cloth or a song, and not to the people beneath these protests is willful sin.
This is not about an attack on a flag or an anthem or on those who’ve served this country.
You can try and make it about those things—but that really just makes it about you , what you’re willing to talk about and what you don’t want to be inconvenienced with.
I think that’s the point these players are making: America is about more than you—or at least it’s supposed to be.

Wow Scrapper as I think you know I said almost the exact thing on FB yesterday and it came from my OWN brain LOL.
That doesn't make me a genius. It just means that it's common sense. But needs to be said anyway. Thanks.
(09-27-2017, 04:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 02:37 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I like this....

Wow Scrapper as I think you know I said almost the exact thing on FB yesterday and it came from my OWN brain LOL.
That doesn't make me a genius. It just means that it's common sense. But needs to be said anyway. Thanks.
Yes, but I would never quote you from facebook on here. Wouldn't be right.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nal-anthem

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

I guess part of it was the flag.
It's silly to worship any object.
(09-27-2017, 08:37 PM)tealeaf Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nal-anthem

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

A bit like my avatar I think. Are you offended by my avatar? I know exactly why I use it, but I wonder how many different assumptions can be attributed to it.
(09-27-2017, 08:58 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 08:37 PM)tealeaf Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nal-anthem

A bit like my avatar I think. Are you offended by my avatar? I know exactly why I use it, but I wonder how many different assumptions can be attributed to it.

I didn't notice, until you pointed it out.
(09-27-2017, 09:29 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 08:58 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I didn't notice, until you pointed it out.
Just like Trump.
Love this....

Quote:[Image: 21768080_10215683760553990_3825498995371...e=5A56EA9B]

I stand so that you can kneel
By Andrew Freborg

I stand to honor the promise the flag represents.
You kneel because that promise has been broken.

I stand to affirm my belief that all are created equal, and to fight alongside you for that promise.
You kneel because too few stand with you.

I stand because we can be better.
You kneel to remind us to be better.

I stand to honor all that have fought and died so that we may be free.
You kneel because not all of us are.

I stand because I can.
You kneel for those who can't.

I stand to defend your right to kneel.
You kneel to defend my right to stand.

I stand because I love this country.
You kneel because you love it too.
(09-28-2017, 10:53 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Love this....

By Andrew Freborg

I stand to affirm my belief that all are created equal, and to fight alongside you for that promise.

I stand because I can.

Yea, cause that's what's going through peoples minds when they kneel.... Rolling Eyes
If more of them would kneel when they are TOLD to, fewer would get shot/pepper sprayed/beat by police.
(09-28-2017, 11:04 AM)GPnative Wrote:

By Andrew Freborg

I stand because I can.

Yea, cause that's what's going through peoples minds when they kneel.... Rolling Eyes

What do YOU think is "going through these people's minds when they kneel?" I'd really like to know...
(09-28-2017, 11:15 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 11:04 AM)GPnative Wrote:

By Andrew Freborg

I stand because I can.

What do YOU think is "going through these people's minds when they kneel?" I'd really like to know...

Most likely "i hate trump and the media told me that doing this will matter"
kneeling, pretending to piss like a dog while on the field....all in a days work.

[Image: 20170924142821.jpg]
(09-28-2017, 11:21 AM)GPnative Wrote: [Image: 20170924142821.jpg]

"pretending to piss like a dog while on the field"

He's an amazing athlete... that he would make the decision to do something like this... so sad.