Baseball Play-offs
The MLB baseball playoffs start today (Tue, 10/3). 
Even for those who may not follow the game during the season these games can provide drama (unscripted) and a chance to watch guys who are the best of the thing they do. 

Tonight, Yanks vs. Twin Cites. Worth it just to watch Arron Judge, a rookie of great talent who just may be talked about among baseball fans for years to come. 

Then tomorrow night, the Diamond Backs and Rockies with have a REAL FIGHT to see who advances. These teams have battled neck and neck the entire season.

These are ONE Game wild card playoffs. Win or go home. 

Then, the playoffs really begin and go on until the World Series starting Nov 13th. (I know...baseball should NOT be played that late into the year). 

For baseball fans, a good time of the year. 

PLAY BALL! (even in the cold  Wink )
(10-03-2017, 09:15 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: The MLB baseball playoffs start today (Tue, 10/3). 
Even for those who may not follow the game during the season these games can provide drama (unscripted) and a chance to watch guys who are the best of the thing they do. 

Tonight, Yanks vs. Twin Cites. Worth it just to watch Arron Judge, a rookie of great talent who just may be talked about among baseball fans for years to come. 

Then tomorrow night, the Diamond Backs and Rockies with have a REAL FIGHT to see who advances. These teams have battled neck and neck the entire season.

Then, the playoffs really begin and go on until the World Series starting Nov 13th. (I know...baseball should NOT be played that late into the year). 

I tuned in to a couple of games just to see Arron Judge. He either whiffed or was out with an injury.
I'm going to see if I can get interested and watch a few of these playoff games.
(10-03-2017, 02:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 09:15 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: The MLB baseball playoffs start today (Tue, 10/3). 

I tuned in to a couple of games just to see Arron Judge. He either whiffed or was out with an injury.
I'm going to see if I can get interested and watch a few of these playoff games.

Hope you enjoy it. Baseball CAN be a bore, especially if you are not following it all season. The good news is that if it's not fun to watch, you can switch to Will and Grace.  Laughing
(10-03-2017, 04:59 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Hope you enjoy it. Baseball CAN be a bore, especially if you are not following it all season. The good news is that if it's not fun to watch, you can switch to Will and Grace.  Laughing

No I can and always have been able to watch a few games and learn about the players and get up to speed without watching it all year.

Plus I have a DVR and fast forward. I know it's part of the game and all that but sometimes I get sick of seeing a batter hit 11 foul balls.

Unless it's a crucial part of the game and THEN I actually enjoy it when I see a batter frustrate a batter with fighting off every pitch until the pitcher finally makes a mistake OR until the pitcher slips one by the batter.