Ever Had One Of Those Days?
I should be reading. 
All day long I've been doing little odd jobs around the place (10 minute stuff) then come back and post some more nonsense (but BRILLIANT nonsense  Laughing ) and haven't read a page or done anything constructive. I'm not even watching baseball...it's American League early in the day and I follow the National League during the season. (I'll be watching Dodgers/DBacks this evening) 

Just feel "Rode hard and put away wet". (Cowboy talk. I think. I could no longer be a cowboy than an NFL quarterback) 

So, I've flooded the place with Wonky posts. (My name is Walter by the way. Not Walt. We have a Walt) 

Holy crap, I'm a slob. But, I did shit, shine, shave, and shower. Mrs. Wonky insists. Even the cat insists. (Now you know who wears the pants around here).

Whatever: I hope your day was full of accomplishments, fun and games, money rolling in, good food and drink, and anything else that lights your fire. 

Tomorrow I'm going to get after it! 

Or not.  Wink
(10-06-2017, 04:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I should be reading. 
All day long I've been doing little odd jobs around the place (10 minute stuff) then come back and post some more nonsense (but BRILLIANT nonsense  Laughing ) and haven't read a page or done anything constructive. I'm not even watching baseball...it's American League early in the day and I follow the National League during the season. (I'll be watching Dodgers/DBacks this evening) 

Just feel "Rode hard and put away wet". (Cowboy talk. I think. I could no longer be a cowboy than an NFL quarterback) 

So, I've flooded the place with Wonky posts. (My name is Walter by the way. Not Walt. We have a Walt) 

Holy crap, I'm a slob. But, I did shit, shine, shave, and shower. Mrs. Wonky insists. Even the cat insists. (Now you know who wears the pants around here).

Whatever: I hope your day was full of accomplishments, fun and games, money rolling in, good food and drink, and anything else that lights your fire. 

Tomorrow I'm going to get after it! 

Or not.  Wink

It's when your get up and go got up and went Smiling
Yesterday I had something happen that affected the rest of my entire day... and I even had a dream about it last night.

I went downtown (in my local hood) to do some shopping at a new store.  I parked in a public parking lot and headed a short distance around a corner to the shop.  As I rounded the corner I saw a guy laying (sprawled out) on the sidewalk.  His face was REALLY pale, his face and hair were soaked with sweat... and he had foam coming out of his mouth, dripping down his face onto the sidewalk.  I got a sick, panicked feeling in my gut.  It scared the crap out of me!  I ran into the store, grabbed the gentleman that was working and told him to come outside that there's a man down.  He tried to rouse the man that was down, but he was unresponsive.  He called 911 and within 2-3 minutes the fire dept came and just a minute or so later an ambulance.  It seemed to be a drug overdose of some sort.  He looked dead to me.  I had a hard time getting that sick feeling in my gut to go away.  Scary.  I didn't even know the guy and it scared the crap out of me.

So... ever have one of those days?
(10-06-2017, 04:51 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Yesterday I had something happen that affected the rest of my entire day... and I even had a dream about it last night.

I went downtown (in my local hood) to do some shopping at a new store.  I parked in a public parking lot and headed a short distance around a corner to the shop.  As I rounded the corner I saw a guy laying (sprawled out) on the sidewalk.  His face was REALLY pale, his face and hair were soaked with sweat... and he had foam coming out of his mouth, dripping down his face onto the sidewalk.  I got a sick, panicked feeling in my gut.  It scared the crap out of me!  I ran into the store, grabbed the gentleman that was working and told him to come outside that there's a man down.  He tried to rouse the man that was down, but he was unresponsive.  He called 911 and within 2-3 minutes the fire dept came and just a minute or so later an ambulance.  It seemed to be a drug overdose of some sort.  He looked dead to me.  I had a hard time getting that sick feeling in my gut to go away.  Scary.  I didn't even know the guy and it scared the crap out of me.

Almost dead or death will do that. Smiling
(10-06-2017, 04:51 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Yesterday I had something happen that affected the rest of my entire day... and I even had a dream about it last night.

Makes my day look absolutely perfect!  Smiling
"I ran into the store, grabbed the gentleman that was working and told him to come outside that there's a man down."

Next time call 911 then go for help.  

"I had a hard time getting that sick feeling in my gut to go away."

You should have a good feeling because you may have saved his life. Have you checked how he fared?
I don't know but I felt awful today. Really bad. I went to work and could barely sit through the training and it was only 2 hours. I was going to see a movie but just came home and flopped.
(10-06-2017, 06:09 PM)Valuesize Wrote: "I ran into the store, grabbed the gentleman that was working and told him to come outside that there's a man down."

Next time call 911 then go for help.  

Ha!  Yes, well... Hind sight and all.  Embarrassed

"I had a hard time getting that sick feeling in my gut to go away."

You should have a good feeling because you may have saved his life. Have you checked how he fared?

Yes, but it's hard to get the vision out of my mind.  No, I haven't checked on him.
Might have been an infectious disease. Did you get any foam on you?

(sounds like rabies, or is that rabbis?)
(10-06-2017, 06:35 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know but I felt awful today.  Really bad. I went to work and could barely sit through the training and it was only 2 hours.  I was going to see a movie but just came home and flopped.
(Forgive me...I'm leap frogging a couple of posts to get back to Tia's comments. Hope this does not mess up the flow of conversation) 

Do you have health insurance? You recently posted another day when you were not feeling well, but it seems you just "muddled through" until you were able to cope. 

Don't mean to be morbid, but there is always a chance you might be dealing with something serious, and if possible it  might be best to nip it in the bud and see a physician for any obvious signs of trouble. 

Hope you feel better soon.
(10-07-2017, 10:38 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 06:35 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know but I felt awful today.  Really bad. I went to work and could barely sit through the training and it was only 2 hours.  I was going to see a movie but just came home and flopped.
(Forgive me...I'm leap frogging a couple of posts to get back to Tia's comments. Hope this does not mess up the flow of conversation) 

Do you have health insurance? You recently posted another day when you were not feeling well, but it seems you just "muddled through" until you were able to cope. 

Don't mean to be morbid, but there is always a chance you might be dealing with something serious, and if possible it  might be best to nip it in the bud and see a physician for any obvious signs of trouble. 

Thanks.

No I just finished a bunch of tests and saw the doctor.  Everything is normal. But no one seemed surprised at  my saying the smoke  had made me feel very ill.
(10-07-2017, 03:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 10:38 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Thanks.

No I just finished a bunch of tests and saw the doctor.  Everything is normal. But no one seemed surprised at  my saying the smoke  had made me feel very ill.

Could very well be the result of all the smoke. It really does harm some folks more than others. 
Good luck with the tests. All too often primary care physicians order the "wrong" tests, and then are not always good at evaluating the results. (But hope your experience will be totally positive).
Most of us have access to pretty good health care but there are some real gaps in the system and often coordination between different disciplines is not good or incomplete. 
I could tell you stories!
I won't. 
But it's sometimes necessary to be aggressive and even demanding in searching for correct diagnosis's. 
And then there is this: Our behavior in choosing a healthy "lifestyle" is all important. 
(Damn: 10 O'clock and I still haven't done my required walk)  Wink