Santa Rosa Fires
(10-13-2017, 10:29 AM)Juniper Wrote: Hey, Wonky you said this thread was about the Santa Rosa fires and the missing and injured.  But....what you are doing is aiming personal digs at people.

Scrapper, I didn't get from your collage there, (sorry for your loss), if that person was a victim of the fires?

Anyway I always liked the interpretation was that your name was because you were "scrappy".  Smiling

Scrapper called my bluff, proved me wrong, and I stand before you humbled and embarrassed.  Embarrassed. Sorry Ms. Scrapper. 

Tia: What goes goes around comes around (I made that up  Wink ) and I'm trying to conform to the standards of this good place. Look for more of it, and all the snarky comments you can handle. "It's what we do!" I get it now.
(10-13-2017, 10:44 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 10:29 AM)Juniper Wrote: Hey, Wonky you said this thread was about the Santa Rosa fires and the missing and injured.  But....what you are doing is aiming personal digs at people.

Scrapper, I didn't get from your collage there, (sorry for your loss), if that person was a victim of the fires?

Anyway I always liked the interpretation was that your name was because you were "scrappy".  Smiling

Scrapper called my bluff, proved me wrong, and I stand before you humbled and embarrassed.  Embarrassed. Sorry Ms. Scrapper. 

Tia: What goes goes around comes around (I made that up  Wink ) and I'm trying to conform to the standards of this good place. Look for more of it, and all the snarky comments you can handle. "It's what we do!" I get it now.

Funny, I thought you said you stopped all that. 

Well, enjoy your trolling.
(10-13-2017, 10:45 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 10:44 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Funny, I thought you said you stopped all that. 

Well, enjoy your trolling.
You already said that on another Topic. Too much smoke or too much craft whiskey?
I like this Wonky better. More realistic.
(10-13-2017, 10:29 AM)Juniper Wrote: Scrapper, I didn't get from your collage there, (sorry for your loss), if that person was a victim of the fires?
No, he wasn't a victim of the fires. 
Speaking of the fires though... Clone's (Eva) son and daughter-in-law are presently on evacuation notice... they have been told to be prepared for evacuation.
(10-13-2017, 10:57 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 10:29 AM)Juniper Wrote: Scrapper, I didn't get from your collage there, (sorry for your loss), if that person was a victim of the fires?
No, he wasn't a victim of the fires. 
Speaking of the fires though... Clone's (Eva) son and daughter-in-law are presently on evacuation notice... they have been told to be prepared for evacuation.

That better then the notice some people got. Although I wouldn't say "Run like hell" at 2 AM, was really an evacuation notice.
HugoI like this Wonky better.  More realistic.

And you blame the Wonky show on me the other day Laughing
(10-13-2017, 02:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: HugoI like this Wonky better.  More realistic.

You misunderstood that post.  It even had a laughing face at the end.  It was meant to be satirical.  Wonky has long claimed that "this" or "that" caused people to leave.  I just wanted him to feel what it was like to be the one blamed for once...

That you took it to heart is.... priceless!
(10-13-2017, 03:42 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: HugoI like this Wonky better.  More realistic.

You misunderstood that post.  It even had a laughing face at the end.  It was meant to be satirical.  Wonky has long claimed that "this" or "that" caused people to leave.  I just wanted him to feel what it was like to be the one blamed for once...

I took it to heart because I think it was true. Lately he has been so annoying I keep getting in to arguments when I should just move on.
But when I logged on today ... Like I said,with or without me the show goes on. Smiling
(10-13-2017, 04:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I took it to heart because I think it was true. Lately he has been so annoying I keep getting in to arguments when I should just move on.
But when I logged on today ... Like I said,with or without me the show goes on. Smiling
Go ahead...take a few weeks off. Really! You won't be missed all that much.  Razz
Maybe Christine will reanimate and appear out of the smoke to defend W3.
(10-13-2017, 04:25 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Go ahead...take a few weeks off. Really! You won't be missed all that much.  Razz
This is exactly what I've been talking about.
(10-13-2017, 04:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

This is exactly what I'm talking about.
Then change the subject. You know, like driving trucks on the ice or something. It's what you do.  Razz
(10-13-2017, 04:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:42 PM)Hugo Wrote: You misunderstood that post.  It even had a laughing face at the end.  It was meant to be satirical.  Wonky has long claimed that "this" or "that" caused people to leave.  I just wanted him to feel what it was like to be the one blamed for once...

Then change the subject. You know, like driving trucks on the ice or something. It's what you do.  Razz

There's the passive aggressive Wonky that I keep hearing about. Find the dumbest reality show and pretend that's what I like.

Again ...This is exactly what I'm talking about . And from a guy who likes to put down television and is so well informed  (he thinks) but didn't have a clue who Jimmy Kimmel is.
Let Wonky rest. How about being prepared for a emergency? We have decided that all we need is us and the cat. Park the other vehicles in the green field and take off. What's your plan?
(10-13-2017, 06:22 PM)Jeep Wrote: Let Wonky rest.  How about being prepared for a emergency?  We have decided that all we need is us and the cat.  Park the other vehicles in the green field and take off.  What's your plan?

I'm making this a thread topic Laughing
http://kron4.com/2017/10/13/interactive-...hborhoods/
(10-13-2017, 05:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:03 PM)tvguy Wrote: I took it to heart because I think it was true. Lately he has been so annoying I keep getting in to arguments when I should just move on.

There's the passive aggressive Wonky that I keep hearing about. Find the dumbest reality show and pretend that's what I like.

Again ...This is exactly what I'm talking about . And from a guy who likes to put down television and is so well informed  (he thinks) but didn't have a clue who Jimmy Kimmel is.
Hi. The Dodger/Cubs game ended at a reasonable hour so I popped in to see if anything new is happening. 
Reviewed a couple of posts and found this: I have a few minutes, so: 

TVguy said in Post #54..."
"Again ...This is exactly what I'm talking about . And from a guy who likes to put down television and is so well informed  (he thinks) but didn't have a clue who Jimmy Kimmel is." (He was talking about me) 

In an earlier post about Kimmel's remarks, I posted this:

Yes, LATE NIGHT HOSTS. 

Not sure I want to accept the wisdom of guys who recite jokes (and commentary) written by other people. 
But, point taken. 
We DO need a national conversation about guns. I have no idea where that might lead, but like chicken soup, couldn't hurt. BUT the conversation should be lead by those with some expertise, intellectual and academic backgrounds, who can add real information to the debate. 

I have an observation: Simple and personal, but it leaves me curious. Hope someone can chime in with some help that I might get a handle on this.
I grew up in a culture where EVERY man (or so it seemed) had at least one gun. Usually a rifle, and usually for hunting. But there were guns all over the county where I lived. (Some of the women had guns too). So, this was in the late 40's and into the 50's. People would sometimes (seldom) shoot another person but we never heard of a "mass shooting". 
Then, in 1966 (?) the guy in Texas shot a bunch of students from that tower. 
The world changed. 
Why?

Of course I know who Jimmy Kimmel is. (But seldom watch his show). 
And THAT'S how things jump the tracks around here. And too: I have NEVER claimed to be all that well informed. I think it's important that citizens to be as informed as possible, but what I don't know would fill volumes! (But do know who Jimmy Kimmel is  Razz ) 

Whatever: Gotta gear up for another Dodger/Cubs game tomorrow (Sunday). Baseball...UNSCRIPTED drama. It's the church where I worship.  Laughing
Good. Stay there.