Medical Insurance and Care
I have a great health plan. Medicare. (I also pay for a "supplement" plan) 
Prior to that I had a great health plan provided by my employer (One reason I never tested the waters of "my own business" was the advantage of this health plan and other secure benefits)

But for millions of others not as fortunate as I, things are in flux. 

An excerpt: 

Some Obamacare plans are going to get more expensive next year, whether Congress likes it or not. The deal that two senators announced Tuesday to shore up the Obamacare marketplaces might have sounded like good news to the millions who rely on them. But even if that deal were to become law (and that already is starting to look unlikely), it almost surely couldn’t happen in time1 to stop the fallout from President Trump’s decision to halt payments to insurers that help the lowest-income marketplace enrollees. Price increases are coming.
Price increases were happening before Trump’s announcement, but his move to cut funding to insurers means that in most places, prices on some plans will go up even more. In anticipation of this move by Trump, states have been figuring out how the additional costs should be passed on, and their approaches vary; where buyers live, how much money they earn, and how they buy their insurance will determine whether they actually pay an increase.
Using information from ACASignups.net — which tracks and analyzes ACA-related policy — and additional news sources, we’ve categorized those approaches into five groups:

Continue reading at:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-s...ing-about/
I haven't seen a doctor in years. So my insurance company makes out on me.
(10-20-2017, 11:01 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I have a great health plan. Medicare. (I also pay for a "supplement" plan) 
Prior to that I had a great health plan provided by my employer (One reason I never tested the waters of "my own business" was the advantage of this health plan and other secure benefits)

An excerpt: 

Some Obamacare plans are going to get more expensive next year, whether Congress likes it or not. The deal that two senators announced Tuesday to shore up the Obamacare marketplaces might have sounded like good news to the millions who rely on them. But even if that deal were to become law (and that already is starting to look unlikely), it almost surely couldn’t happen in time1 to stop the fallout from President Trump’s decision to halt payments to insurers that help the lowest-income marketplace enrollees. Price increases are coming.
Price increases were happening before Trump’s announcement, but his move to cut funding to insurers means that in most places, prices on some plans will go up even more. In anticipation of this move by Trump, states have been figuring out how the additional costs should be passed on, and their approaches vary; where buyers live, how much money they earn, and how they buy their insurance will determine whether they actually pay an increase.
Using information from ACASignups.net — which tracks and analyzes ACA-related policy — and additional news sources, we’ve categorized those approaches into five groups:

Continue reading at:

What's your point? At some point everyone needs medical care unless they keel over and die.
(10-21-2017, 07:54 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 11:01 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I have a great health plan. Medicare. (I also pay for a "supplement" plan) 

An excerpt: 

Continue reading at:

What's your point? At some point everyone needs medical care unless they keel over and die.

You are, Indeed, a piece of work.
But OUR piece of work.  Smiling Your monthly dues appear to be paid, you are not known to litter, abuse domestic pets, or pee in public places. 
So we continue to embrace you and encourage you to continue to with your emotional therapy in hopes it will prove to be, one day, productive and effect a cure. 
See, this Topic's first post concerned medical insurance and care and the real possibility that millions of our fellows are at risk of not having the protection they need. As a result of the new federal administration that controls the availability of medical insurance to provide for care of aliments and disease should an affliction crop up, many would be without access of the attention from a physician. 

The point is expressed clearly in the short except posted. A link is provided for a more complete reading. 

Or, they could just keel over and die.
That's a great piece of obfuscation, and a textbook case of your habit of substituting lots of words for any worth reading and pondering, because you always seem to want to appear to seem like you get a lot of book learnin' and you can cipher, as Jethro opined.
Pretty simple at this point in the debate.
Is Access to Health Care a privilege or a right?
What does life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness entail?
I'm glad you felt compelled to share your employment history. Again.
I always had insurance too. Until I got old and sick and didn't.
My view is single payer for essential life saving/life giving and private for elective/cosmetic etc.
(10-21-2017, 11:55 AM)bbqboy Wrote: That's a great piece of obfuscation, and a textbook case of your habit of substituting lots of words for any worth reading and pondering ?.
Pretty simple at this point in the debate.
Is Access to Health Care a privilege or a right?
What does life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness entail?
I'm glad you felt compelled to share your employment history. Again.
I always had insurance too. Until I got old and sick and didn't.
My view is single payer for essential life saving/life giving and private for elective/cosmetic etc.

Wow. A response with actual sentences. 
Sorry...no need for sarcasm.  Wink
Health care a right or privilege? Now THAT could be a topic to kick off some conversation here. 
Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness? I guess "pursuit" is key there, but more than that I don't know.
I offered my employment history (again) only as an example of the wide range of benefits spread over our society. 
You always had insurance until you got sick and needed it. Therein lies the problem!
I like your take on single payer for ESSENTIAL medical needs and let those who need elective stuff pay for it. 
However: I think the day of a single payer plan is a long way off. I hope that in the meantime our great white fathers can come up with a reasonable option that protects folks from ruin.
Quote:WONKY:  As a result of the new federal administration that controls the availability of medical insurance....

Smiling   And exactly WHO put the Federal Government in CHARGE of that? Do you need a hint?  (It wasn't Trump)
For the record...  When the idea of MANDATED health coverage supplied by the GOVERNMENT (i.e.  OUR TAX MONEY) first surfaced, my own idea was the only time the MANDATED Government Controlled money should kick in would be ONLY Catastrophic Illnesses.  Those that wipe out entire retirements and savings.  All else should have remained free market.
(10-21-2017, 02:20 PM)Hugo Wrote:
Quote:WONKY:  As a result of the new federal administration that controls the availability of medical insurance....

Smiling   And exactly WHO put the Federal Government in CHARGE of that? Do you need a hint?  (It wasn't Trump)
For the record...  When the idea of MANDATED health coverage supplied by the GOVERNMENT (i.e.  OUR TAX MONEY) first surfaced, my own idea was the only time the MANDATED Government Controlled money should kick in would be ONLY Catastrophic Illnesses.  Those that wipe out entire retirements and savings.  All else should have remained free market.

Well, one thing for damn sure: The ACA fell flat. It was, at best, a compromise and at worst a promise that could never be kept. The idea of forcing young healthy people to join was a folly, and without that group the plan was doomed. 

I agree a free market system would be the best option. But we have learned over the past couple of hundred years that an unrestrained free market leads to a market controlled by those capable of manipulation and doesn't remain free. Some how, some way, the ONLY way the insurance companies can make things work is to have young healthy people paying premiums and not just people who are sick and need it. Large employers call it group insurance and when the entire group is included insurance companies  can profit and still pay out necessary claims. 

So, how do we "group-up" and make this possible? 
Beats me.

But, no responsible working family should be ruined by overwhelming medical debt because they can't afford insurance or are for some reason denied it.

Because: While president Obama's plan failed, it was a stab at correcting an injustice forced on too many unfortunate people struck by costly illness. With some time, and lots of "tweaking" many still feel we could have some kind of national health plan providing at least basic protection. But only if we were "all in" making in possible for private insurance to profit while providing the service. 

So, I wait for your suggestion about how to make this market system work in providing health insurance. I hope you agree the need is real.
Bulllshit. Obamacare/ACA hasn't failed. You read so much opinion you don't seem to deal in facts.
Opinions don't supersede reality.
And BTW, fuck your snide retorts. If you were half as clever as you seem to think you are , you would still not be funny or with it. Or whatever Kris tells you to say.
Why does the AMA have a monopoly on healthcare?

Why can't we have doctors who are not approved by the AMA?
Where does Art Robinson fit in this equation?
(10-21-2017, 07:35 PM)bbqboy Wrote: And BTW, fuck your snide retorts. If you were half as clever as you seem to think you are , you would still not be funny or with it. Or whatever Kris tells you to say.

Ya know Barbie, I hesitate to give unrequested advice but a couple of more posts like to to TVguy and he will look you up and knock you on your ass. Well...given your frailty, he may just slap you around.  Razz
(10-22-2017, 11:06 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 07:35 PM)bbqboy Wrote: And BTW, fuck your snide retorts. If you were half as clever as you seem to think you are , you would still not be funny or with it. Or whatever Kris tells you to say.

Ya know Barbie, I hesitate to give unrequested advice but a couple of more posts like to to TVguy and he will look you up and knock you on your ass. Well...given your frailty, he may just slap you around.  Razz

Repeating your self serving BS does not free your soul. WTF tv has to do with anything,  I'm not sure. You have a real problem with being real and honest. 
He went through the same hell I have and came out the other side OK.
What's your point?
(10-22-2017, 12:58 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 11:06 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Repeating your self serving BS does not free your soul. WTF tv has to do with anything,  I'm not sure. You have a real problem with being real and honest. 
He went through the same hell I have and came out the other side OK.
What's your point?

My point, Hawk Eye, is that I have no idea who that post was aimed at. But, thought maybe you wanted to tussle a bit with someone, so maybe it was TVguy. 
And Barbie, many of us have seen a "little bit of hell" and came out the other side, mostly OK. You are just one of the many thousands. That you have suffered and may continue to suffer, gives me no pleasure but at some point you are going to have to deal with it or find a way out. 
Get the point?
(10-22-2017, 10:27 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Where does Art Robinson fit in this equation?

Thank God  he's older now.
(10-22-2017, 07:27 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 10:27 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Where does Art Robinson fit in this equation?

Thank God  he's older now.

But young enough to be a danger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_B._Robinson

Proof that a brilliant mind can drift too far from the sun.