PVC Pipe Question
(11-09-2017, 11:07 PM)Valuesize Wrote: So this morning I had trashed the idea of using PVC pipe altogether and had it narrowed down to this canopy on Amazon delivered free for under $300 and building one. Most of the reviews say it's pretty darn good for the money once you get past the poor attention to detail regarding burrs and needing to prep the fittings before constructing. Missing parts from crappy packaging/shipping on some also.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G7Q1XQ/_en...2BE33D51C3

If building one I planned to use this kit of fittings available in 1" or 1 3/8" and get the pipe I found locally. With the roofing and the items I need to secure it solidly I'd be getting close to $500 or $600 and I could probably be able to get it right next to the house like I really want it. Also, it would in all likelihood last much longer with less worry about storms.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x20-Ft-1-3-8-...0005.m1851

BUT NOW my wife comes in with the Bi-Mart ad and lo and behold they have a larger version (12' x 26' ) of the same ShelterLogic Canopy for $199.99.  Surprised When I called just before they closed tonight they said they also have a 10' X 20' (that I hope is the exact same one as the one on Amazon) for $99.99.  Surprised Surprised  So I guess I'm leaning towards the cheaper/easier one. I'm thinking it will last at least a few years and maybe by then we'll be able to add a few more options for something permanent.

There are some pretty good YouTube videos from folks that beefed up these type canopies I may try if need be and someone on Amazon said they ran a wire cable all the way through the tubes on both sides and secured that to the ground for further protection from wind. 

Are you planning on using a fabric roof or plastic roofing?

The guy in the video is doing something similar to what I was thinking. But my way is easier LOL
My plan was to buy TWO frames and make on frame that doesn't have the too long spans.

I already  have one 10 by 20 carport metal frame. And I was planning on putting a metal roof and sides on it. I have a shit ton of roofing, all kinds LOL. I Buy it cheap and sell it for..... well I'm supposed to sell it for more but I never got around to it Sad
But after talking to you about all this I think I may have to use two frames to make one.
(11-10-2017, 12:13 AM)tvguy Wrote: Are you planning on using a fabric roof or plastic roofing?

The guy in the video is doing something similar to what I was thinking. But my way is easier LOL
My plan was to buy TWO frames and make on frame that doesn't have the too long spans.

I already  have one 10 by 20 carport metal frame. And I was planning on putting a metal roof and sides on it. I have a shit ton of roofing, all kinds LOL. I Buy it cheap and sell it for..... well I'm supposed to sell it for more but I never got around to it Sad
But after talking to you about all this I think I may have to use two frames to make one.

If I buy the Bi-Mart one I'll use what comes with it until it wears out. If I build one I was planning to decide after the frame was ready. Smiling
(11-10-2017, 12:36 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 12:13 AM)tvguy Wrote: Are you planning on using a fabric roof or plastic roofing?

If I buy the Bi-Mart one I'll use what comes with it until it wears out. If I build one I was planning to decide after the frame was ready. Smiling
Roger that.
We bought this on sale for $199.99 at Bi-Mart. I'm extremely happy with the price and the weight of the box it's in. We'll prep the parts to make sure they'll go together smoothly and when we get a couple of breaks in the rain we'll go for the construction. We may have to invite the neighbors over for an old fashioned barn raising to get this monster up.  Big Grin

https://www.ecanopy.com/stl-25770.html?g...7GEALw_wcB
Finally got this thing up and in place today, (yesterday) lol just didn't get it secured down yet. Who knew we were going to have 35 mph gusts and I was going to spend half the night trying to keep it from flying over to one of the neighbors yard.  Rolling Eyes
(12-06-2017, 04:09 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Finally got this thing up and in place today, (yesterday) lol just didn't get it secured down yet. Who knew we were going to have 35 mph gusts and I was going to spend half the night trying to keep it from flying over to one of the neighbors yard.  Rolling Eyes

Ha hahaha  I was outside at 3 am also Laughing Laughing
(12-06-2017, 04:57 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 04:09 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Finally got this thing up and in place today, (yesterday) lol just didn't get it secured down yet. Who knew we were going to have 35 mph gusts and I was going to spend half the night trying to keep it from flying over to one of the neighbors yard.  Rolling Eyes

I saw you were here so I posted too.  Neutral
Hope you're feeling better.
(12-06-2017, 07:47 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 04:57 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I saw you were here so I posted too.  Neutral
Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks. I don't feel too bad. Smiling