Eagle Creek Burn Fly Over
Anyone see this fly over of the gorge yet? 

https://www.outsideonline.com/2250021/ea...er%20Gorge
(10-20-2017, 10:09 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone see this fly over of the gorge yet? 

https://www.outsideonline.com/2250021/ea...er%20Gorge

Nope.
But did see a advertisement for L.L. Bean that offered a flannel shirt I might want.
Crap! The Gorge will never be the same for me.

I grew up sneaking out into The Gorge on summer days. My parents never found out that we'd ride our bikes out of Portland to the Sandy River and The Gorge to swim and hike during our summers out of school. I've hiked most of the trails out there at one time or another. I was riding a bike out the old highway to Multnomah Falls when Mt St Helens blew her top but that was long after I was out of school.

I'll probably still go there from time to time but it will be different now.
(10-21-2017, 10:43 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Crap! The Gorge will never be the same for me.

I grew up sneaking out into The Gorge on summer days. My parents never found out that we'd ride our bikes out of Portland to the Sandy River and The Gorge to swim and hike during our summers out of school. I've hiked most of the trails out there at one time or another. I was riding a bike out the old highway to Multnomah Falls when Mt St Helens blew her top but that was long after I was out of school.

Yes, and you are different now.  Smiling
Sad, that these things happen and destroy the joy of places we treasure. I hope the young guy who tossed the fireworks into the grass/bushes becomes sensitive enough to feel the guilt and act on it in some way to pay back in part what he destroyed.
(10-21-2017, 12:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 10:43 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Crap! The Gorge will never be the same for me.

Sad, that these things happen and destroy the joy of places we treasure. I hope the young guy who tossed the fireworks into the grass/bushes becomes sensitive enough to feel the guilt and act on it in some way to pay back in part what he destroyed.

How would you know if I'm different now? You presume a lot.

I think I'm quite the same, just a little slower and more tolerant. Otherwise, I'd tell you to fuck off.   Cool
(10-21-2017, 02:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I think I'm quite the same, just a little slower and more tolerant. Otherwise, I'd tell you to fuck off.
Wow. Can you spell jerk? 
You were a KID when you related your experiences that you seem to have fond memories of. 
So yes, I assume you are very different now.
Many of us have places we look back on and remember that time as special. My comment was only that it's sad someone destroyed the place.
But, I'm slower and more tolerant too, so my comment to you is:
Think twice. Post once.
(10-21-2017, 02:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I think I'm quite the same, just a little slower and more tolerant. Otherwise, I'd tell you to fuck off.
Wow. Can you spell jerk? 
You were a KID when you related your experiences that you seem to have fond memories of. 
Many of us have places we look back on and remember that time as special. My comment was only that it's sad someone destroyed the place.
Think twice. Post once.

Hey! I was just sayin'....

Good thing I'm more tolerant.   Laughing
(10-21-2017, 05:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 02:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Wow. Can you spell jerk? 
Think twice. Post once.

Hey! I was just sayin'....

Good thing I'm more tolerant.   Laughing
Okay. I guess I missed the "tone". I get my back up when it's even suggested you were about to tell me to fuck off.