A Movie For A Cold Winter Day
Today (Sunday 10/22) was a bit chilly, dark and dreary and seemed a perfect day to go to Tinseltown and watch a movie, eat some overpriced too salty popcorn, pay outrageous prices for a soft drink, and escape into the plot of a movie shown on a big silver screen.

Well...

Fired up the internet site and could find NO movie I was willing to go out into the chill to see. What happened to all the good movies? You know...Sound of Music, Born Free, Beaches, How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days, ...you know, films where boy meets girl, boy marries girl, not another boy, and when people get shot they die real quick and there is no blood. 

I miss Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewart. And Jane Russell. 

Good movies that lasted less than 4 hours, were mostly black and white, and you KNEW when it ended because right there on the screen it read, THE END. 

Well of course BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN was a good movie. Wonderful camera shots of glorious mountains, fine looking healthy horses, trucks and lots of sheep. Something strange about the two guys guarding those sheep. I asked Mrs. Wonky about it after the movie and she just said, "never mind dear". (She says that a lot).

So. We stayed home. No baseball today. I'm not a football fan.  Embarrassed (I know...) 

A dark and dreary day.
There isn't any decent films there right now...except the Victoria and Abdul film which I've seen and the new Blade Runner which I am waiting for my daughter to have time to go see with me.
(10-22-2017, 06:19 PM)Juniper Wrote: There isn't any decent films there right now...except the Victoria and Abdul film which I've seen and the new Blade Runner which I am waiting for my daughter to have time to go see with me.
Wow...I'm out to lunch (per usual) Didn't know Victoria/Abdul was still here. Mrs. Wonky wants to see it and being the BEST HUSBAND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD I will join her even if it's not "my thing". 
But Blade Runner I don't want to miss. I'm not really a fan of science fiction but Blade Runner is a whole different ball game IMHO. If I get a tax refund I'd like to own all the DVD's. 

Is it my old brain going even denser, or do the "Academy Award" kind of movies start showing up around this time of year? We can hope. TVGuy is looking forward to a new Denzel Washington movie.  Razz