Trick or Treat?
(10-23-2017, 06:54 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 06:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 06:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 04:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 04:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: That point.
Where we just agree to not agree.

You said I guess I should loosen up about it. I agreed, So where is there a disagreement?

Here we go again.  Wink
(and in doing so, jumping over some posts above...will get back to flow soon)
We DON'T disagree. We simply don't agree. 
I think if you want to dress up and do whatever in your shop you should do just that.
I don't want to do that.
So, we don't disagree, we just don't want to do the same things. 
So, we "agree to not agree". 
So, back to the ongoing conversation?

AGAIN You said I guess I should loosen up about it.

And I agreed with you.

Jesus H Christ Wonky
Damn it TV! 
I FIRST said I felt it was goofy and stupid (or words to that effect) for adults to don costumes on Halloween. 
After some conversation with Tia, I thought about it and mellowed a bit.
So, I DID loosen up a bit. I don't think it's goofy or stupid for YOU to put on a costume.
But I don't want to. And won't. But, loosen up I did!
Is this stuff really all that friggin' hard? 
I don't want to argue about EVERYTHING!

Then don't.
(10-23-2017, 06:00 PM)GCG Wrote: This is how Halloween works at our house... or doesn't work depending on perspective. Around the 2nd week of October a couple of pumpkins find their way onto our front porch. Around the 25th or so the wife will bring home some treats for "the kids." By the 27th the treats are long gone  Eyebrows By the 31st it's lights out at dusk because we've eaten all the candy. At or around March of the following year we throw away the rotten pumpkins... this is also a good time to take down the x-mas lights. Okay, I am kinda mocking my neighbors here but you get the idea.

Laughing Thumbs Up Laughing
(10-23-2017, 06:54 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 06:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 06:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 04:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 04:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: That point.
Where we just agree to not agree.

You said I guess I should loosen up about it. I agreed, So where is there a disagreement?

Here we go again.  Wink
(and in doing so, jumping over some posts above...will get back to flow soon)
We DON'T disagree. We simply don't agree. 
I think if you want to dress up and do whatever in your shop you should do just that.
I don't want to do that.
So, we don't disagree, we just don't want to do the same things. 
So, we "agree to not agree". 
So, back to the ongoing conversation?

AGAIN You said I guess I should loosen up about it.

And I agreed with you.

Jesus H Christ Wonky
Damn it TV! 
I FIRST said I felt it was goofy and stupid (or words to that effect) for adults to don costumes on Halloween. 
After some conversation with Tia, I thought about it and mellowed a bit.
So, I DID loosen up a bit. I don't think it's goofy or stupid for YOU to put on a costume.
But I don't want to. And won't. But, loosen up I did!
Is this stuff really all that friggin' hard? 
I don't want to argue about EVERYTHING!

Nobody is picking on you.
I still have volunteer "pumpkins" coming up every year near the front porch, where they grow the next spring. The rotten ones just go right into the bed. Every year. Same little things popping up in the same spot. They must have been a hybrid because they look weird now.
(10-23-2017, 07:31 PM)Juniper Wrote: I still have volunteer "pumpkins" coming up every year near the front porch, where they grow the next spring.  The rotten ones just go right into the bed.  Every year. Same little things popping up in the same spot. They must have been a hybrid because they look weird now.
Zombie Pumpkins.
(10-23-2017, 07:32 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 07:31 PM)Juniper Wrote: I still have volunteer "pumpkins" coming up every year near the front porch, where they grow the next spring.  The rotten ones just go right into the bed.  Every year. Same little things popping up in the same spot. They must have been a hybrid because they look weird now.
Zombie Pumpkins.

Laughing
(10-23-2017, 07:32 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Zombie Pumpkins.

More like mutant pumpkins unless they've died and been reanimated. Wait, what am I saying... you're right!   Laughing

I always had volunteer Pumpkins, squashes and they always were weird. It's like volunteer tomatoes, they always turn out to be cherry tomatoes.
(10-23-2017, 07:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I always had volunteer Pumpkins, squashes and they always were weird. It's like volunteer tomatoes, they always turn out to be cherry tomatoes.

And usually not so great.
(10-23-2017, 08:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 07:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:

And usually not so great.

Right the squash is always some worthless blend.
I know it's a long way off, but the Halloween forecast is for pleasant weather much like today's. Our neighbors say we should prepare to handout 3 or 4 bags of candy.  Big Grin

Since moving to Oregon we've never had but a few kids at the door in all four previous places. In most cases we were told the kids go to the "nicer" homes elsewhere.  Laughing

We may be just barely in the nicer home bracket now.  Cool
(10-24-2017, 09:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I know it's a long way off, but the Halloween forecast is for pleasant weather much like today's. Our neighbors say we should prepare to handout 3 or 4 bags of candy.  Big Grin

Since moving to Oregon we've never had but a few kids at the door in all four previous places. In most cases we were told the kids go to the "nicer" homes elsewhere.  Laughing

You are moving on up to the east side but not necessarily A Tree Top apartment in the sky
(10-24-2017, 09:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I know it's a long way off, but the Halloween forecast is for pleasant weather much like today's. Our neighbors say we should prepare to handout 3 or 4 bags of candy.  Big Grin

I don't get enough kids to bother buying candy anymore. The last time I had candy on hand I didn't get even one door knocker so I ended up dropping the candy bag on a table at work to get rid of it. I like candy but not that much.   Neutral
(10-25-2017, 05:16 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I don't get enough kids to bother buying candy anymore. The last time I had candy on hand I didn't get even one door knocker so I ended up dropping the candy bag on a table at work to get rid of it. I like candy but not that much.   Neutral

I just spoke with another neighbor who is let's say "detail oriented." Big Grin He said he's had as low as 122 kids one year to as many as 146 on another.  Twitch  Laughing
(10-25-2017, 06:00 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I just spoke with another neighbor who is let's say "detail oriented." Big Grin He said he's had as low as 122 kids one year to as many as 146 on another.  Twitch  Laughing

Laughing   You might want to consider moving your easy chair out onto the porch for the evening!

Is detail oriented is a better way to say anal?
(10-25-2017, 06:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ding, ding, ding. I mean, do people count? Should I be counting? Do you count the kids, the candy or both just to be sure the count is correct? 

Oh me. Oh my.... in my best Hardy Har Har voice.  Razz
Our neighbor in Talent always kept tabs. We had nice sidewalks and a pretty closed in subdivision so we had lots of parents dropping off kids. None in Ashland the last 2 years.
Happy Halloween! [Image: d66c558bed024c4bffd3a943c3045adf.jpg][Image: 5d157e435280d99a98189d7304da9272.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(10-25-2017, 07:57 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 06:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ding, ding, ding. I mean, do people count? Should I be counting? Do you count the kids, the candy or both just to be sure the count is correct? 

Oh me. Oh my.... in my best Hardy Har Har voice.  Razz

Sad