Tell me if you know what a skoolie is.
Just say yes or no. If you know don't give it away.
Yes. At least in one instance. I don't know if there is more then one common usage.
Nope.
No.
Not a clue.
(10-23-2017, 04:40 PM)tvguy Wrote: Just say yes or no. If you know don't give it away.

Mulder's partner.
[Image: x-files-annoyed-scully-gif.gif?w=1100]

Did I give it away?
When will I know?
(10-23-2017, 07:41 PM)Juniper Wrote: When will I know?

I was waiting to see if ANYONE here knew before I gave the answer. I didn't.

Here's the deal. There was a post on Craigslist that said Great Skoolie ready for conversion

It's a bus Rolling Eyes

I thought it was funny that they would use that word and I emailed and told them so.
And I mentioned the fact that anyone looking who did a search for a bus would never find the ad.

I was polite, used a smiley face and said good luck. But the reply was that everyone knows what a skoolie is and that now I was "educated".

Everyone? This is typical of today's time and typical of a lot of young people.
You can't tell then anything.

Hell I flash my lights at people driving when they are the only one without lights and they don't turn them on.

I think it's the" no one is the boss of me" attitude kids have. And it's why so many cops have trouble with these dipshits.

So now you know Laughing
Really? Well, I'll be damned. Must be that educated spelling that makes it so clear.
(10-23-2017, 07:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Here's the deal. There was a post on Craigslist that said Great Skoolie ready for conversion

It's a bus Rolling Eyes

I thought it was funny that they would use that word and I emailed and told them so.
And I mentioned the fact that anyone looking who did a search for a bus would never find the ad.

I was polite, used a smiley face and said good luck. But the reply was that everyone knows what a skoolie is and that now I was "educated".

Hell I flash my lights at people driving when they are the only one without lights and they don't turn them on.

I think it's the" no one is the boss of me" attitude kids have. And it's why so many cops have trouble with these dipshits.

So now you know Laughing

Probably a well know term among bus folk.
(10-23-2017, 09:29 PM)chuck white Wrote: Probably a well know term among bus folk.

Are they similar to Carnies?
(10-23-2017, 09:29 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 07:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It's a bus Rolling Eyes

So now you know Laughing

Probably a well know term among bus folk.
Yeah, you mean the hippies who like to convert them. I don't doubt that at all but what kind of a moron thinks all potential buyers would know that term or use it in a search.
I'd guess that it got it's
name from people converting old school buses... or am I being Mr. Obvious?
(10-24-2017, 04:16 PM)GCG Wrote: I'd guess that it got it's
name from people converting old school buses... or am I being Mr. Obvious?

Yes I'm sure you are right.And according to the guy trying to sell buses EVERONE who is in to converting school buses knows the term Rolling Eyes

Frankly I don't get the concept. Buy one and then do a shit load of work to make it in to an RV and from what I see you could have just bought a real RV in the first place.
Plus I think a lot of people won't even let you park it at their RV lot.
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/

OH hell just google 'skoolie'
(10-24-2017, 05:28 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.skoolie.net/forums/

OH hell just google 'skoolie'

It just confirms the obvious. It's a term people who convert school buses are familiar with.
I haven't argued that point.
But IMO it's beyond stupid to try and sell an item and using some hippy dippy term that someone who might want a bus is not familiar with.When all you have to do is include a three letter word in your title.
Selling items on ebay or CL requires ( If you are smart) making sure everyone knows what you are selling,duh. LOL Razz