How to deal with a fanatic.
A sane voice in a troubled world.
A David Brooks column from 10/24
Excerpts only...the link below will take you to the full text. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/23/opinion/engaging-fanatics.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Fdavid-brooks&action=click&contentCollection=opinionion=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection&_r=0

I’ve had a series of experiences over the past two weeks that leave the impression that everybody on earth is having the same conversation: How do you engage with fanatics?
First, I was at a Washington Nationals game when a Trump supporter in the row in front of me unleashed a 10-minute profanity-strewn tirade at me, my wife and son.
Then I went to the University at North Carolina at Asheville and watched some students engage in a heartfelt discussion over whether extremists should be allowed to speak on campus.
Then I went to Madrid, where a number of Spaniards told me that the leaders of the Catalan independence movement were so radical there was no way to reason with them.
Then I went to London where I was with pro-Brexit and anti-Brexit activists trying to have a civil conversation with one another.

Over the course of these experiences I’ve been rehearsing all the reasons to think that it’s useless to try to have a civil conversation with a zealot, that you’ve just got to exile them, or confront them with equal and opposite force.
I consider Trump to be a zealot as a matter of fact a text book zealot
(10-25-2017, 12:08 AM)tvguy Wrote: I consider Trump to be a zealot as a matter of fact a text book zealot
Hey...I know! Let's not vote for him again!  Wink
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-worl...and-trump/

It is becoming clear that there certainly WAS collusion with the Russians during the 2016 Presidential campaign, and it was the DNC and Clinton doing it.....  And the Uranium One scandal (National Security) is about to really break open.  Oh, and there is STILL not one shred of anything pointing to Trump having any ties to Russia with regards to the election and endangering National Security.

Why post that here?  Because the LEFT are the fanatics that can't be argued with; can't seem open their eyes and see truth; can never be trusted again.

Oh... and I picked this link because it is hilariously trying to report the facts while still trying to spin the dossier as possibly true, when it has been thoroughly debunked as pure myth.

Fake News being forced to report on facts.... Laughing
(10-25-2017, 07:09 AM)Hugo Wrote: https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-worl...and-trump/

It is becoming clear that there certainly WAS collusion with the Russians during the 2016 Presidential campaign, and it was the DNC and Clinton doing it.....  And the Uranium One scandal (National Security) is about to really break open.  Oh, and there is STILL not one shred of anything pointing to Trump having any ties to Russia with regards to the election and endangering National Security.

Why post that here?  Because the LEFT are the fanatics that can't be argued with; can't seem open their eyes and see truth; can never be trusted again.

Oh... and I picked this link because it is hilariously trying to report the facts while still trying to spin the dossier as possibly true, when it has been thoroughly debunked as pure myth.

Yep.  The real Russian colluders were Hillary and the DNC

Quote:Clinton Lawyer Who Hired Fusion GPS ‘Vigorously’ Denied Doing So to NYT Reporter
[/url]
[size=undefined]

[url=http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/twitter/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fbig-government%2F2017%2F10%2F24%2Fclinton-lawyer-who-hired-fusion-gps-vigorously-denied-doing-so-to-nyt-reporter%2F&pubid=ra-536db77a775cf072&text=Clinton+Lawyer+Who+Hired+Fusion+GPS+%E2%80%98Vigorously%E2%80%99+Denied+Doing+So+to+NYT+Reporter&shortener=bitly]
[/size]

[Image: hillary-clinton-Jacqelyn-MartinAFPGetty-640x480.png]Jacqelyn Martin/AFP/Getty

by KRISTINA WONG24 Oct 20173,969
The Hillary Clinton lawyer who hired Fusion GPS to produce the Trump dossier “vigorously” denied doing so to the New York Times earlier this year, according to one of their reporters.
“When I tried to report this story, Clinton campaign lawyer @marceelias pushed back vigorously, saying “You (or your sources) are wrong,” Times reporter Kenneth P. Vogel tweeted Tuesday evening.

[size=undefined]
The Washington Post earlier Tuesday reported that “the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee helped fund research that resulted in a now-famous dossier.”
According to the report, the lawyer, Marc E. Elias, represented “the Clinton Campaign and the DNC,” and retained Fusion GPS to conduct research into Trump’s ties with Russia.
After that, Fusion GPS hired dossier author Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer, to conduct the research, the Post reported.
Elias and his law firm, Perkins Cole, retained the company in April 2016 “on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the DNC,” the story said.

Another Times reporter suggested that more people may have lied, but didn’t clarify who.
The paper’s White House reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted, “Folks involved in funding this lied about it, and with sanctimony, for a year.”
Other reporters also suggested that Elias “and others” had denied it for months.
Politico’s White House reporter Josh Dawsey tweeted: “Ok, people saying DNC/dossier news isn’t a big deal: Why did Clinton lawyer Marc Elias and others deny it for months?”
Even MSNBC’s Chris Hayes, host of All In with Chris, seemed surprised, tweeting, “…this somewhat more direct than some independent donor doing it.”

[/size]
(10-25-2017, 07:09 AM)Hugo Wrote: https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-worl...and-trump/

I'm having trouble with this stuff regarding the funding of the dossier. Are you saying this is colluding with Russia? I see no Russians, I  just see them trying to dig up dirt on Donnie. AND I'm not sure there is anything illegal in funding this, is there? So is the colluding part just the nukes deal?

Anyway, ANYONE breaking the law in regards to ALL of this need to be held accountable. Period.

Edit: And who do YOU think was the republican that started the funding the DNC took over? I think it was the second worst pub candidate you all had. That's right, Lyin Ted.  Laughing
(10-25-2017, 09:07 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I'm having trouble with this stuff regarding the funding of the dossier. Are you saying this is colluding with Russia? I see no Russians, I  just see them trying to dig up dirt on Donnie. AND I'm not sure there is anything illegal in funding this, is there? So is the colluding part just the nukes deal?

Anyway, ANYONE breaking the law in regards to ALL of this need to be held accountable. Period.

Edit: And who do YOU think was the republican that started the funding the DNC took over? I think it was the second worst pub candidate you all had. That's right, Lyin Ted.  Laughing

McCain

And you can't see the importance, because you don't WANT to see it. Big Grin Lots of lying and cover up, and INTIMATE relationships with the Kremlin.

Here is a truism I have noticed in many recent years:  If the Democrats start pointing at some "illegal" thing and trying to pin it on the Republicans, you can BET that they are the ones doing it, in triplicate.
(10-25-2017, 09:43 AM)Hugo Wrote:

McCain

And you can't see the importance, because you don't WANT to see it. Big Grin Lots of lying and cover up, and INTIMATE relationships with the Kremlin.

Here is a truism I have noticed in many recent years:  If the Democrats start pointing at some "illegal" thing and trying to pin it on the Republicans, you can BET that they are the ones doing it, in triplicate.

I guess you're not understanding my question. Regarding funding the dossier, what/who Russians are involved and what is the law that was broken by the funding?
(10-25-2017, 10:07 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 09:43 AM)Hugo Wrote:

McCain

I guess you're not understanding my question. Regarding funding the dossier, what/who Russians are involved and what is the law that was broken by the funding?

Laughing So NOW.... you are asking for the definition of "collusion", which is not against the law......  Funny, it was a dirty word a week ago.....

BTW...  Mueller will need to recuse himself, and the FBI itself will be severely damaged by the time this is all over. Wink
(10-25-2017, 10:31 AM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing So NOW.... you are asking for the definition of "collusion", which is not against the law......  Funny, it was a dirty word a week ago.....

BTW...  Mueller will need to recuse himself, and the FBI itself will be severely damaged by the time this is all over. Wink

I'm just seeing the funding case being a minor thing as far as any laws being broken. Trump and his campaign working with Russian operatives (by many means) to sway votes to Trump is a very different thing.
(10-25-2017, 10:48 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 10:31 AM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing So NOW.... you are asking for the definition of "collusion", which is not against the law......  Funny, it was a dirty word a week ago.....

I'm just seeing the funding case being a minor thing as far as any laws being broken. Trump and his campaign working with Russian operatives (by many means) to sway votes to Trump is a very different thing.

Laughing Laughing  You see?  Blind.  RUSSIA worked with CLINTON to sway the ELECTION.  Not the other way around.  It just didn't work.
Flashback: How the Media Went Hysterical over Don Jr.’s Willingness to Accept Russian Dirt on Hillary

‘He’s going to jail’

https://news.grabien.com/story-flashback...illingness
(10-25-2017, 10:56 AM)Hugo Wrote:

Laughing Laughing  You see?  Blind.  RUSSIA worked with CLINTON to sway the ELECTION.  Not the other way around.  It just didn't work.

I see where this is heading.  Dry

I will let whatever investigations, involving whoever they feel need to be looked at, come to their conclusions. Those involved cannot change evidence at this point so there will be hard proof pro or con for all.

I will accept the results no matter who may be found guilty or innocent. On the other hand, if your God that you say has done no wrong, YOU will claim it fake. Good grief, what a mess you all have made.
I'm not understanding why this is news now. All this was known a year ago. It's old news.
(10-25-2017, 05:25 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm not understanding why this is news now. All this was known a year ago. It's old news.

Breitbart has been pushing this for over a week. The bigger and bolder the type, the more worked up the Trumpsters get. This is yet another way to try and divert attention from the mess the White House is in. Since Bannon has been back, putting more time and effort on the war drums, the site has gotten crazy. 

Friday is always the big shift day. I wonder what they'll come up with THIS week.
(10-25-2017, 06:11 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 05:25 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm not understanding why this is news now. All this was known a year ago. It's old news.

Breitbart has been pushing this for over a week. The bigger and bolder the type, the more worked up the Trumpsters get. This is yet another way to try and divert attention from the mess the White House is in. Since Bannon has been back, putting more time and effort on the war drums, the site has gotten crazy. 

Friday is always the big shift day. I wonder what they'll come up with THIS week.

Okayyyyy, never mind the AP is running it, but blame breitbart ??  Blink
(10-25-2017, 06:29 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Yeah blaming Brietbart is not to crazy considering how often they print far right wing horse apples.
(10-25-2017, 06:29 PM)GPnative Wrote:

OK, which topic are you talking about? I get the feeling we all may be getting our topics commingled.
(10-25-2017, 10:56 AM)Hugo Wrote:

I guess I read this wrong the first time.  Unsure Regarding the funding, how did Russia work with Clinton to sway the election????
(10-25-2017, 06:29 PM)GPnative Wrote: Okayyyyy, never mind the AP is running it, but blame breitbart ??  Blink

Which topic?