In & Out in GP
According to the Daily Courier the the Grants Pass In & Out burger joint is set to open on Friday.

I would suggest if you value your time and overall sense of peace and welfare to avoid the north end of Grants Pass like the plague starting Friday morning and likely through the weekend. I might also add unless you are some kind of an In & Out nut who thinks they are the only joint that can make a burger, you can avoid the nonsense altogether and get a better Hamburger from Jimmy's Classic Drive-in or Eddies on Rogue River Hwy.
(10-26-2017, 06:45 AM)GPnative Wrote: According to the Daily Courier the the Grants Pass In & Out burger joint is set to open on Friday.

I would suggest if you value your time and overall sense of peace and welfare to avoid the north end of Grants Pass like the plague starting Friday morning and likely through the weekend. I might also add unless you are some kind of an In & Out nut who thinks they are the only joint that can make a burger, you can avoid the nonsense altogether and get a better Hamburger from Jimmy's Classic Drive-in or Eddies on Rogue River Hwy.

True on all accounts, but there is still nothing quite the same as In and Out.
(10-26-2017, 08:49 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:45 AM)GPnative Wrote: According to the Daily Courier the the Grants Pass In & Out burger joint is set to open on Friday.

True on all accounts, but there is still nothing quite the same as In and Out.

As "fast food" goes, yes they are good. For perspective I have not eaten at any other fast food joint chain in 20 years, literally. But I will grab an In&Out once in awhile when I am in Medford and only IF the line is short. I am not against IN & OUT, I am just amazed by the craziness of some folks about it. Some of these nuts drove down from Portland when the Medford one opened.
Just out of curiousity what do these guys charge ......"Jimmy's Classic Drive-in or Eddies on Rogue River Hwy."

And what does in and out charge?
(10-26-2017, 01:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: Just out of curiousity what do these guys charge ......"Jimmy's Classic Drive-in or Eddies on Rogue River Hwy."

I always just order the basics. The single patty basic burger at In&Out is $3, the signature "double double" I'm not sure, I think $5? 

Jimmy's has a HUGE menu of burgers, the basic one I get is about $5, Eddies is the same. Give or take.

Jimmy menu: http://jimmysclassicdrivein.com/styled/full%20menu.html
(10-26-2017, 02:09 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 01:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: Just out of curiousity what do these guys charge ......"Jimmy's Classic Drive-in or Eddies on Rogue River Hwy."

I always just order the basics. The single patty basic burger at In&Out is $3, the signature "double double" I'm not sure, I think $5? 

Jimmy's has a HUGE menu of burgers, the basic one I get is about $5, Eddies is the same. Give or take.

I've never been to an In and Out. What I was wondering was the difference in cost.

Basically can't you get a GOOD hamburger at a lot of places if you pay 5 bucks or more?
(10-26-2017, 02:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I've never been to an In and Out. What I was wondering was the difference in cost.

Basically can't you get a GOOD hamburger at a lot of places if you pay 5 bucks or more?

Yes and I'm saying there is no hamburger on this planet I would drive 200 miles for or wait over an hour for in a drive thru line.
(10-26-2017, 02:59 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Yes and I'm saying there is no hamburger on this planet I would drive 200 miles for or wait over an hour for in a drive thru line.

Yes and all I have tried to ask is how much is an IN and OUT burger compared to the other places you mentioned.
(10-26-2017, 03:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes and all I have tried to ask is how much is an IN and OUT burger compared to the other places you mentioned.

And he answered you. About the same as anywhere else.
(10-26-2017, 03:49 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 03:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 02:09 PM)GPnative Wrote: I always just order the basics. The single patty basic burger at In&Out is $3, the signature "double double" I'm not sure, I think $5? 

And he answered you. About the same as anywhere else.

Thanks, you are right.I missed that. I must be going blind. Blink
I think Jimmy's is a good burger, but I never got my burger in less than 20 minutes which is too long in my book.
(10-26-2017, 04:09 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I think Jimmy's is a good burger, but I never got my burger in less than 20 minutes which is too long in my book.

Way too long for a lot of people who get a half hour lunch or for those of us who would rather spend that 20 minutes at home.
(10-26-2017, 04:09 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I think Jimmy's is a good burger, but I never got my burger in less than 20 minutes which is too long in my book.

For the next few weeks or so people will wait much longer in line for an In-N-Out Burger.
(10-26-2017, 04:21 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

For the next few weeks or so people will wait much longer in line for an In-N-Out Burger.

People with no lives LOL
I think I'll avoid the one in Medford too, just in case. I haven't been there yet anyway so it won't be a hardship.   Razz 

With all the burgers I've had over my lifetime, good ones, bad ones, fancy or plain, I just can't get too excited about hamburgers anymore. Or pizza either.
(10-26-2017, 04:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Way too long for a lot of people who get a half hour lunch or for those of us who would rather spend that 20 minutes at home.

I waited 45 minutes, one day at Jack in the box and still nothing. Then I ask for my money back and got back to work hungry.

The Burger King (north end) used to be just as bad, but they seem better since the remodel, probably new managers.

Carol Jr seems to be the most together right now.
Mc D is a no go at this point in time at the north end of town.

Wendy's is a hit and miss. depends on the traffic. they are good on light days, but seem to have a limited capacity.
Wouldn't you sort of think that the GP In n Out fanatics have already gotten their burger fix at the Medford joint? And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Josephine County's addiction of choice was crystal meth. That doesn't exactly go hand in hand with a burger bender.
I dunno...back in Cali, In & Out was very good. I still like them. And they are cheap. And it's not an oversize burger, which I like. You can make it bigger if you like. When I'm working and out in the field and don't have time to come home, I often stop at In & Out. It's very cheap, I like them and I'm not getting too much food. If I want a better "burger" experience there are options. And In & Out has it down. I never wait long now when I just swing in there.
(10-26-2017, 06:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: I dunno...back in Cali, In & Out was very good.  I still like them. And they are cheap.  And it's not an oversize burger, which I like. You can make it bigger if you like.  When I'm working  and out in the field and don't have time to come home, I often stop at In & Out. It's very cheap, I like them and I'm not getting too much food.  If I want a better "burger" experience there are options. And In & Out has it down. I never wait long now when I just swing in there.

Yeah, but not a much fun as McDonald's. I like to order the plain one at McDonalds 'cause I like a good mystery and I never know if the meat has been dropped on the floor and picked up again. I usually takes me a few minutes to find the meat patty (gray) buried in the soggy bun but when I find it I check to see it there is sawdust ON it. (Of course there is sawdust IN it). And I like the pickle they get from China and the catsup that has SOME real tomato in it. I sometimes get a shake with it because nothing says milkshake like a powdered mix served just above room temperature. 
Still...the fries ain't bad.
(10-26-2017, 06:30 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: I dunno...back in Cali, In & Out was very good.  I still like them. And they are cheap.  And it's not an oversize burger, which I like. You can make it bigger if you like.  When I'm working  and out in the field and don't have time to come home, I often stop at In & Out. It's very cheap, I like them and I'm not getting too much food.  If I want a better "burger" experience there are options. And In & Out has it down. I never wait long now when I just swing in there.

Yeah, but not a much fun as McDonald's. I like to order the plain one at McDonalds 'cause I like a good mystery and I never know if the meat has been dropped on the floor and picked up again. I usually takes me a few minutes to find the meat patty (gray) buried in the soggy bun but when I find it I check to see it there is sawdust ON it. (Of course there is sawdust IN it). And I like the pickle they get from China and the catsup that has SOME real tomato in it. I sometimes get a shake with it because nothing says milkshake like a powdered mix served just above room temperature. 
Still...the fries ain't bad.

Yeah, big difference. I've stopped at McDonalds once or twice..I always get just a little cheeseburger. They suck. For a little bit more,  you can get something fresh and pretty tasty at In & Out.  Animal style cheeseburger...I think it's $2.75 or so.