In & Out in GP
(10-26-2017, 06:37 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:30 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: I dunno...back in Cali, In & Out was very good.  I still like them. And they are cheap.  And it's not an oversize burger, which I like. You can make it bigger if you like.  When I'm working  and out in the field and don't have time to come home, I often stop at In & Out. It's very cheap, I like them and I'm not getting too much food.  If I want a better "burger" experience there are options. And In & Out has it down. I never wait long now when I just swing in there.

Yeah, but not a much fun as McDonald's. I like to order the plain one at McDonalds 'cause I like a good mystery and I never know if the meat has been dropped on the floor and picked up again. I usually takes me a few minutes to find the meat patty (gray) buried in the soggy bun but when I find it I check to see it there is sawdust ON it. (Of course there is sawdust IN it). And I like the pickle they get from China and the catsup that has SOME real tomato in it. I sometimes get a shake with it because nothing says milkshake like a powdered mix served just above room temperature. 
Still...the fries ain't bad.

Yeah, big difference. I've stopped at McDonalds once or twice..I always get just a little cheeseburger. They suck. For a little bit more,  you can get something fresh and pretty tasty at In & Out.  Animal style cheeseburger...I think it's $2.75 or so.
I wonder if I was REALLY born in the US, because I've never been all that fond of hamburgers. But when in the mood I used to go to Jaspers out on the highway. Great burger, but you have to hold it level 'cause the grease will run all over your arm if you tilt it. About one a year works for me. 
But I can eat my weight in burritos!
(10-26-2017, 06:41 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:37 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:30 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 06:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: I dunno...back in Cali, In & Out was very good.  I still like them. And they are cheap.  And it's not an oversize burger, which I like. You can make it bigger if you like.  When I'm working  and out in the field and don't have time to come home, I often stop at In & Out. It's very cheap, I like them and I'm not getting too much food.  If I want a better "burger" experience there are options. And In & Out has it down. I never wait long now when I just swing in there.

Yeah, but not a much fun as McDonald's. I like to order the plain one at McDonalds 'cause I like a good mystery and I never know if the meat has been dropped on the floor and picked up again. I usually takes me a few minutes to find the meat patty (gray) buried in the soggy bun but when I find it I check to see it there is sawdust ON it. (Of course there is sawdust IN it). And I like the pickle they get from China and the catsup that has SOME real tomato in it. I sometimes get a shake with it because nothing says milkshake like a powdered mix served just above room temperature. 
Still...the fries ain't bad.

Yeah, big difference. I've stopped at McDonalds once or twice..I always get just a little cheeseburger. They suck. For a little bit more,  you can get something fresh and pretty tasty at In & Out.  Animal style cheeseburger...I think it's $2.75 or so.
I wonder if I was REALLY born in the US, because I've never been all that fond of hamburgers. But when in the mood I used to go to Jaspers out on the highway. Great burger, but you have to hold it level 'cause the grease will run all over your arm if you tilt it. About one a year works for me. 
But I can eat my weight in burritos!

I like Jaspers. I only like to be outside. They are great. I only have two or three that I like. They do a lot of sweet things with the burgers that I don't care for. Lots of jams and stuff. And I prefer a real beef burger, not an exotic game burger. But sometimes they have a lamb burger and I like that.
(10-26-2017, 05:29 PM)GCG Wrote: Wouldn't you sort of think that the GP In n Out fanatics have already gotten their burger fix at the Medford joint? And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Josephine County's addiction of choice was crystal meth. That doesn't exactly go hand in hand with a burger bender.

In and out fanatics will be there for the experience, not the burgers. It will be a zoo tomorrow.
I just saw photos on Facebook... my brother was there this evening (or perhaps it was this afternoon) for some sort of Pre-Opening Party.  They got to eat... without waiting in line for gawd knows how long!  LOL

[Image: 22852230_10210171730266001_7697774775852...e=5AAD6B99]
The pre-opening was packed parkimg. I drove by about 5:30, signs said 'Lot Full'
Did they build that where that nasty motel used to be? I think someone put a club there before we left?
In and out uses fresh ground beef and potatoes. And a minimalist menu. Polar opposite of McDonald's.
(10-26-2017, 09:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Did they build that where that nasty motel used to be? I think someone put a club there before we left?

Yes, that is all gone, and a new hotel is also in the works.
"Burger lovers started lining up at 7:50 last night for the grand opening of the Grants Pass In-N-Out, which opens at 10:30 this morning."
Look for coverage in this afternoon's edition of the Daily Courier and online at thedailycourier.com.
Details: http://www.thedailycourier.com/story.html?i=19747

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Regarding Jaspers, they've cut back on their table service, which is a drag. They had a nice service going there.
(10-28-2017, 07:14 PM)Juniper Wrote: Regarding Jaspers, they've cut back on their table service, which is a drag.  They had a nice service going there.
Sorry to hear it. I don't go often but when I "need" a hamburger would hope it is the same service. Maybe they have never heard of the golden goose.
Well, I went to the in-out place today.
Not impressed at all.
Choices are a hamburger, a cheese burger or a double cheese burger.

No chicken burgers or fish...

The french fries ($1.75) were a decent size, but the skinny ones (about 1/4" wide). OK if you like a crunchy fry, I like the thicker ones myself.
Only a small soda selection (not like Burger King and Wendy's), The only non carbonated drinks were ice tea, lemonade and coffee
They had milk shakes too, but I didn't try that.

The burger ($2.60) was not as good as a California burger from Carl's Jr (which is only $2.50).

I won't be back.
(11-01-2017, 05:19 PM)chuck white Wrote: Well, I went to the in-out place today.
Not impressed at all.

The french fries ($1.75) were a decent size, but the skinny ones (about 1/4" wide). OK if you like a crunchy fry, I like the thicker ones myself.
Only a small soda selection (not like Burger King and Wendy's), The only non carbonated drinks were ice tea, lemonade and coffee

The burger ($2.60) was not as good as a California burger from Carl's Jr (which is only $2.50).

I won't be back.

You will be hanged if the in and out freaks find out who you are.. BLASPHEMY!!!!
(11-01-2017, 05:19 PM)chuck white Wrote: Well, I went to the in-out place today.
Not impressed at all.

I won't be back.

Yes, minimalistic menu, except for the not so secret secret menu......seriously, google it.
Not impressed at all.

I won't be back.

Carls has gone way down in my book. I like In and Out for reasons stated before. They taste so much fresher. I like my cheeseburger animal style. Delicious.  And not too big and not spendy.
(11-01-2017, 06:17 PM)GPnative Wrote:
Not impressed at all.

I won't be back.

Yes, minimalistic menu, except for the not so secret secret menu......seriously, google it.

I think it's minimalistic menu is a plus side. Love that.
(11-01-2017, 06:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:
Not impressed at all.

I won't be back.

Carls has gone way down in my book. I like In and Out for reasons stated before. They taste so much fresher. I like my cheeseburger animal style. Delicious.  And not too big and not spendy.

I don't think I've been to a Carls Jr. since I lived in LA (a long time ago) I didn't like them then and never went back. Haven't been to that little french restaurant since then either, Jacque in the Box.   Smiling
(11-01-2017, 07:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
Not impressed at all.

I won't be back.

I don't think I've been to a Carls Jr. since I lived in LA (a long time ago) I didn't like them then and never went back. Haven't been to that little french restaurant since then either, Jacque in the Box.   Smiling

I think Carl's Junior is too expensive for a burger joint.
(11-02-2017, 02:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Not impressed at all.

I won't be back.

I don't eat hamburgers (very often) but I think Carl's Jr. is the place where I had a "Green Burrito" last summer and it was good. And BIG. 
Too expensive? More than other fast food places? (I eat at the Salvation Army  Embarrassed  )
(11-02-2017, 04:03 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 02:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Not impressed at all.

I won't be back.

I don't eat hamburgers (very often) but I think Carl's Jr. is the place where I had a "Green Burrito" last summer and it was good. And BIG. 
Too expensive? More than other fast food places? (I eat at the Salvation Army  Embarrassed  )

Yes I think they are indeed more spensive than MacPukes or Burger queen. It is better though.