Help solve a mystery
I have some old family photos. My sister thinks these two couples are the same people. I'm not so sure.

What do you think?

[Image: 2jb1geo.jpg]
[Image: 2zqzgwo.jpg]
(10-31-2017, 09:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have some old family photos. My sister thinks these two couples are the same people. I'm not so sure.

What do you think?

Don't have a clue.
But, you came from a family that could afford a camera? Wow. I bet you got to wear shoes in the summer too.
I'm going to have to say they are the same people. I see why you're not sure though. It would help if the older photo was not so dark because I can't see the slope of her shoulders.

See if the following makes sense.  Laughing Both the women look similar enough to be sisters AND I can say the same about both the men, they look like they could be brothers. The only logical conclusion is they are the same couple unless the two sisters married the two brothers. How likely is that?  Laughing

Do you have any idea how much time is between the photos? I'd guess 20 years or just a bit more.
I don't think the woman was as content as the man in her later life. She developed a stiff upper lip as she aged, but it may just be her hair hurts.  Razz
(10-31-2017, 09:34 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I'm going to have to say they are the same people. I see why you're not sure though. It would help if the older photo was not so dark because I can't see the slope of her shoulders.

See if the following makes sense.  Laughing Both the women look similar enough to be sisters AND I can say the same about both the men, they look like they could be brothers. The only logical conclusion is they are the same couple unless the two sisters married the two brothers. How likely is that?  Laughing

Do you have any idea how much time is between the photos? I'd guess 20 years or just a bit more.

No I don't know the dates of either photo. But If I had to guess I would say in the B&W pic they were 40 ish.

But when I look  at the other pic I don't see them being anymore than 60 and I think even younger. So in my mind I don't think they are more than 15 years apart.
And to me they would not have changed that much in appearance.
I would guess they are NOT the same.  The hairline on the men looks very different... more than just receding hairline.  And the eyes/eyebrows are different.  The woman in the first looks like a woman, while the second photo looks more masculine.  They might be related, but I don't think they are the same people.
(10-31-2017, 10:14 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I would guess they are NOT the same.  The hairline on the men looks very different... more than just receding hairline.  And the eyes/eyebrows are different.  The woman in the first looks like a woman, while the second photo looks more masculine.  They might be related, but I don't think they are the same people.
 I agree. Another thing that doesn't match are their lips. Especially the men.

Here is the deal. We have never had one single picture on my grandfather on my dads side. Born 1870 and died 1940.
 And all my life when I saw the oval photo's I thought he was my GF but know my sis says no, they are the same people.

But we are sure the B&W photo is my grand parents on my mothers side.
(10-31-2017, 09:19 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 09:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have some old family photos. My sister thinks these two couples are the same people. I'm not so sure.

What do you think?

Don't have a clue.
But, you came from a family that could afford a camera? Wow. I bet you got to wear shoes in the summer too.

Actually my dads side of the family were wealthy. None of that wealth got handed to me Sad And yes I knew you were joking. Razz
Brother and sister, maybe
(11-01-2017, 05:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: Brother and sister, maybe

It's known that the B&W photo is a photo my grand parents.

Allegedly the other photo is also but maybe not. So are you saying the couple in the color photo could be brother and sister?
I would guess no, not the same people but could be related. It's hard to tell from the quality of the photos. I think the two men's ears and lips are different but it could just be the picture quality. Kind of the same with the two women.

Or I could be totally wrong!   Smiling
From what I remember of the photos you have posted of yourself in the past, I think you look like you are related to both the men. Whether the are both the same person or are brothers, there's just no way to know.
(11-01-2017, 05:39 PM)Valuesize Wrote: From what I remember of the photos you have posted of yourself in the past, I think you look like you are related to both the men. Whether the are both the same person or are brothers, there's just no way to know.

Actually there is a way but not that I can use. I think facial recognition techniques they have today could prove it either way. I'll give the FBI a call. Razz

As far as being related to both men. When I look at the eyes of the man in the color picture I see myself.

The other dude? Not at all.
(11-01-2017, 05:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 05:39 PM)Valuesize Wrote: From what I remember of the photos you have posted of yourself in the past, I think you look like you are related to both the men. Whether the are both the same person or are brothers, there's just no way to know.

Actually there is a way but not that I can use. I think facial recognition techniques they have today could prove it either way. I'll give the FBI a call. Razz

As far as being related to both men. When I look at the eyes of the man in the color picture I see myself.

The other dude? Not at all.

The other dude is your GF right?  Laughing

A dark, damaged photo just won't do. It could even be this guy...  Razz

[Image: JesseJames-E.jpeg]
(11-01-2017, 05:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Allegedly the other photo is also but maybe not. So are you saying the couple in the color photo could be brother and sister?

I misunderstood. I thought you were asking if the person on the left was the same person on the right.

Laughing
(11-01-2017, 09:09 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I misunderstood. I thought you were asking if the person on the left was the same person on the right.

Laughing
I did too, originally.
(11-02-2017, 08:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Laughing
I did too, originally.

Jesus you guys I went back and looked to see why I was hard to understand. And I said.....

My sister thinks these two couples are the same people. I'm not so sure.

What do you think?

I posted pictures of TWO COUPLES and asked if you thought they were the same people.

STOP smoking crack you guys Razz
(11-03-2017, 12:32 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Laughing
I did too, originally.

Jesus you guys I went back and looked to see why I was hard to understand. And I said.....

What do you think?

I posted pictures of TWO COUPLES and asked if you thought they were the same people.

No kidding, I completely understood.
(11-03-2017, 05:58 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:32 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 05:31 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's known that the B&W photo is a photo my grand parents.

Laughing
I did too, originally.

What do you think?

No kidding, I completely understood.

Ditto. But I assumed CW was joking.