Shopping Carts
(11-03-2017, 07:38 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:33 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:22 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote: You have an Aldi?

He said we don't.

Laughing  I read it as a nickname.  Laughing Like they're always out of stuff or they don't carry a large selection.  Embarrassed

Big Grin  OK.  That's funny. Smiling

Well there IS a hyphen.

But not two hyphens. Big Grin
Anyway, I have heard there are Aldi's in Cali....which there never were when I was there.
(11-03-2017, 07:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:27 PM)Juniper Wrote: I remember TV saying he always takes the cart back.  I said I don't. Mostly because I'm lazy. Secondly because I'm always in pain, so I self servingly don't want to make the extra trip.  Last night I did that, left the cart by the car about 70 feet from the door...I know, I know!  The guy leaning on the car next to mine, (I guess he was waiting for some one), called me a lazy, fucking bitch. Actually he shouted it at me.

Guilty. Embarrassed

That's when you pull out your Colt 45 and say WTF did you say asshole?  Razz

My water pistol you mean. Big Grin
Aldi is a great budget/staples chain. The flip side of a Trader Joe's.
Lots of house brand stuff from Europe and elsewhere.
I wish we had one. Or two.
(11-04-2017, 05:30 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Aldi is a great budget/staples chain. The flip side of a Trader Joe's.

...and they provide SHOPPING CARTS?  Razz
(11-04-2017, 11:52 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 05:30 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Aldi is a great budget/staples chain. The flip side of a Trader Joe's.

Oh. Is that supposed to be humour?  Are you even reading the thread?
(11-03-2017, 07:27 PM)Juniper Wrote: I remember TV saying he always takes the cart back.  I said I don't. Mostly because I'm lazy. Secondly because I'm always in pain, so I self servingly don't want to make the extra trip.  Last night I did that, left the cart by the car about 70 feet from the door...I know, I know!  The guy leaning on the car next to mine, (I guess he was waiting for some one), called me a lazy, fucking bitch. Actually he shouted it at me.

Guilty. Embarrassed

I remember TV saying he always takes the cart back.

No I said I always put it in a place where it can't roll away and they are not in the way of any cars.I usually put them back but if I'm far from where ever you are supposed to put them I might not.

I bet "that guy" would not have said that to another guy.
(11-04-2017, 12:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Guilty. Embarrassed

No I said I always put it in a place where it can't roll away and they are not in the way of any cars.I usually put them back but if I'm far from where ever you are supposed to put them I might not.

He wouldn't have.   So, allow me to go off topic here.  This is a conversation I've had frequently with other women. When my face is relaxed, I look like I'm in a bad mood.  Now it's trendily called Resting Bitchy Face.  Same with my daughters. Same with many women I know. Not in a bad mood at all. Just what I happen to look like when I'm not smiling.  But we all share the experience of being told to "cheer up!"  Or "Smile!" or "What's wrong?"  Or even be told my boss that I'm not "happy" enough  Women say these things as often as men do. BUT,  here's the thing, people don't tell men that.  Not that I know of. People don't go up to a serious faced man of any age just anywhere in public and say "Smile!"  or when you are just sitting, quietly at a staff meeting told to "look less unhappy."  Even strangers say it to me, my daughter, and many, many women I know. There is a cultural expectation out there regarding women that just doesn't exist for men.  Cussing a woman out for not returning the cart to the front of the store is a good example. If I were a man, I doubt he would have said that.
(11-04-2017, 12:11 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Guilty. Embarrassed

He wouldn't have.   So, allow me to go off topic here.  This is a conversation I've had frequently with other women. When my face is relaxed, I look like I'm in a bad mood.  Now it's trendily called Resting Bitchy Face.  Same with my daughters. Same with many women I know. Not in a bad mood at all. Just what I happen to look like when I'm not smiling.  But we all share the experience of being told to "cheer up!"  Or "Smile!" or "What's wrong?"  Or even be told my boss that I'm not "happy" enough  Women say these things as often as men do. BUT,  here's the thing, people don't tell men that.  Not that I know of. People don't go up to a serious faced man of any age just anywhere in public and say "Smile!"  or when you are just sitting, quietly at a staff meeting told to "look less unhappy."  Even strangers say it to me, my daughter, and many, many women I know. There is a cultural expectation out there regarding women that just doesn't exist for men.  Cussing a woman out for not returning the cart to the front of the store is a good example. If I were a man, I doubt he would have said that.

I'm sure all that is true. So yes women have some disadvantages that men don't have. But is the opposite not true also?

Guilty. Embarrassed

Actually I used to be told that a lot when I was younger. Not so much recently though. I do believe what you just said in general.
(11-04-2017, 12:37 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Guilty. Embarrassed

Actually I used to be told that a lot when I was younger. Not so much recently though. I do believe what you just said in general.
 Yeah I don't know if it balances out or not.
(11-04-2017, 12:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 12:37 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Guilty. Embarrassed

Yeah I don't know if it balances out or not.

They probably just don't say anything to me anymore cause a young unhappy guy is nothin' compared to an old mean guy!!   Laughing
(11-04-2017, 12:03 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 11:52 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Oh. Is that supposed to be humour?  Are you even reading the thread?
I'm sure he's happy with his cleverness. 
Regardless, Aldi is great and yet another store we don't have.
(11-04-2017, 12:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Guilty. Embarrassed

I'm sure all that is true. So yes women have some disadvantages that men don't have. But is the opposite not true also?

Just saying it.  I don't know if it's a 'disadvantage' as much as an odd  and often annoying cultural expectation.
(11-04-2017, 03:00 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 12:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Guilty. Embarrassed

Just saying it.  I don't know if it's a 'disadvantage' as much as an odd  and often annoying cultural expectation.
Right.