Texas Mass Murder
(11-06-2017, 11:36 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 10:30 AM)Valuesize Wrote: I found this in Trump's Twitter replies. I do not claim it's true, but it sure would make Larry happy if it were.

[Image: DN9KvdVXUAA0EM3.jpg:large]
Not that I believe everything Snopes says is true:

Was the Texas Church Shooter an Antifa Member Who Vowed to Start Civil War?
.... only what works to further agenda.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(11-06-2017, 02:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 10:30 AM)Valuesize Wrote: I found this in Trump's Twitter replies. I do not claim it's true, but it sure would make Larry happy if it were.

It's always is true from what I've seen and when I ask people who don't believe Snopes is accurate. to show me an example. 
I don't ever get an answer. Big Grin
(11-06-2017, 03:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It's always is true from what I've seen and when I ask people who don't believe Snopes is accurate. to show me an example. 

This article gives a perfect example of Snopes which hired a bunch of democrat politicains that have run for office as fact checkers on politics.  The example they use is climate change.  Would you feel comfortable for an organization that hires a republican that does not believe in climate change as the arbiter of whether climate change exists or any news about climate change?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetar...7488e2227f

Here's a example where snopes kept changing their facts under pressure by a sponsor

Monsanto pressure Snopes
I wonder if the church was holding mass?
(11-06-2017, 04:18 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 03:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

This article gives a perfect example of Snopes which hired a bunch of democrat politicains that have run for office as fact checkers on politics.  The example they use is climate change.  Would you feel comfortable for an organization that hires a republican that does not believe in climate change as the arbiter of whether climate change exists or any news about climate change?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetar...7488e2227f

Here's a example where snopes kept changing their facts under pressure by a sponsor

Monsanto pressure Snopes

And you found that on a site called foodbabe
 LOL

And the Forbes article still doesn't do what I asked. I want to see a falsehood posted by Snopes.
And I want to know if that falsehood was on purpose.

In short I want to see a valid reason why all you far right wingnuts don't believe ANYTHING snopes ever says.

I mean other than the fact snopes OFTEN catches the right with their bullshit lies.
It genuinely sounds like we (as a society) need to keep a closer eye on certain behaviors and beliefs.  Liberal Atheists should be denied access to firearms......  Wink
So the HERO in this story is a NRA member and Instructor.....

What an asshole, huh?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23244/man-...nk-berrien
(11-07-2017, 09:11 AM)Hugo Wrote: So the HERO in this story is a NRA member and Instructor.....

What an asshole, huh?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23244/man-...nk-berrien

Yes YOU are.  Razz
(11-07-2017, 08:53 AM)Hugo Wrote: It genuinely sounds like we (as a society) need to keep a closer eye on certain behaviors and beliefs.  Liberal Atheists should be denied access to firearms......  Wink

Right wing fake patriots that voted for a lying, unbalanced traitor should also. Well maybe you can be allowed one bolt action so you can continue to hunt game so you can release your urge to kill.  Wink
(11-07-2017, 09:19 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 08:53 AM)Hugo Wrote: It genuinely sounds like we (as a society) need to keep a closer eye on certain behaviors and beliefs.  Liberal Atheists should be denied access to firearms......  Wink

Right wing fake patriots that voted for a lying, unbalanced traitor should also. Well maybe you can be allowed one bolt action so you can continue to hunt game so you can release your urge to kill.  Wink

Laughing  I have no "urge to kill" you freak.  I have an urge to eat, and happen to be able to feed myself effectively by acquiring my own meat from the source.
(11-07-2017, 09:38 AM)Hugo Wrote:

Laughing  I have no "urge to kill" you freak.  I have an urge to eat, and happen to be able to feed myself effectively by acquiring my own meat from the source.

Laughing

[Image: MoRzffq.png]

Ponder? Is that you?
(11-07-2017, 01:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ponder? Is that you?

Laughing
(11-06-2017, 11:55 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 11:51 AM)Valuesize Wrote: How many of these do you guy's have?

Not even one. Wink

Well then how many of these do you have?  Laughing Razz

[Image: 20171107_133112.jpg]
(11-07-2017, 05:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 11:55 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 11:51 AM)Valuesize Wrote: How many of these do you guy's have?

Not even one. Wink

Well then how many of these do you have?  Laughing Razz

[Image: 20171107_133112.jpg]

That's a big improvement and leap in technology from the usual M-80's.   Wink
Civilians don't need rifles that can fire many many rounds in a short time. And, they don't need multiple magazines that hold lots of rounds. 

They want them, but don't need them.

But it's moot.

Those guns are out there. Untold numbers of them. We can't recall them.

Insane nut jobs can and will have them. Some will use them to kill people. 

You may want to think about going to church, the movies, an outdoor concert, or other places where people congregate. 

It's our new normal. 

Next: The freedom to cry fire in a crowded theater?
(11-08-2017, 04:36 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Civilians don't need rifles that can fire many many rounds in a short time. And, they don't need multiple magazines that hold lots of rounds. 

But it's moot.

You may want to think about going to church, the movies, an outdoor concert, or other places where people congregate. 

It's our new normal. 

That last statement makes you sound like a fucking idiot.

What to do if there is an attempted mass shooting?  SHOOT BACK.
(11-08-2017, 05:05 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 04:36 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Civilians don't need rifles that can fire many many rounds in a short time. And, they don't need multiple magazines that hold lots of rounds. 

But it's moot.

It's our new normal. 

...and increase the body count.
(11-08-2017, 07:47 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

But it's moot.

It's our new normal. 

By one.  The one that DESERVES to die.
(11-09-2017, 06:33 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 07:47 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

But it's moot.

It's our new normal. 

By one.  The one that DESERVES to die.

We can only hope by one. Should the person shooting back in a crowded venue not have a lot of skill there could be more than one "collateral damage" victim. 
I had to qualify with a .45 handgun in the military. I barley did. Now, I'm don't claim to be especially gifted with handguns, but my guess is a lot of people who carry are not. You, I'd guess, are skilled, and so you know that ONLY at close range is a handgun effective. Better hope "the shooter" is not clear across the large space, because if he starts blasting away with a "hope and a prayer" other people might die. 

I'm not opposed to the right to carry. I'm just not confident that many who do will use good judgement if and when they need to use it to take out one of these mass killers. 

I'm not sure there is a viable solution to this problem now. My guess is "the horse is out of the barn" too many of these rapid fire large magazine rifles are out there and our society has gone around the bend to the point where this kind of thing is going to be more frequent. 

When old folks like me get shot and die it's no great loss. It tears at my vey being when I read of children who die in these shootings. 

I can only do what I can do. I choose not to have a gun of that type, don't want others in my family to have one, and feel that in a "perfect world" they would be difficult to come by.

I know you feel differently. It' good we live in a country where we have the freedoms to have divergent views. 

You have made clear how you feel. So have I. We don't agree. We don't need to swear and slander one another because or our differences. Let's just hope it's a LONG time before we read of another mass shooting, because you can bet there will be another. Let's pray the children who die are not our own.