And Now A Word From Rep. Walden
I get email from Rep. Greg Walden. Me and everyone else. 

Note that he claims a 4% growth rate in the economy with "fix" out tax problems. 
Kind of optimistic, don't you think Greg? 
https://www.npr.org/2017/07/28/539835139...-6-percent

For too long, hardworking taxpayers have struggled with an outdated tax code that is too complicated and takes away too much of your money for the government to spend.  It penalizes success and is filled with lobbyist loopholes and special breaks for special interests.
It’s time to change all of that to a code that respects and rewards hard work, makes everyone play by the same rules, and lets you keep more of your hard-earned tax dollars.  You shouldn’t need an army of lawyers and accountants to make sense of the law.
I have included a couple of links with more details about the proposal that was unveiled last week.  The Ways and Means Committee in the House is working this week on the legislation that will come to the House floor before Thanksgiving.
While reform is never easy, and always subject to partisan hyperbole, we do know two important facts about this draft plan courtesy of the nonpartisan Tax Foundation analysis:
  1. Annual, after-tax income for the middle class will rise in every state

2. The U.S. economy will grow by four percent and create 975,000 new jobs as a result.
Here are the links to the specifics of the draft plan. You can share your thoughts with me by responding to this email. Thanks.
  • To read the policy highlights in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, pleaseclick here.
  • To read the full legislative text of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, please click here.
  • To read the section-by-section summary of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, please click here.
  • To read examples of how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will help Americans of all walks of life, please click here.
Best regards,
Greg Walden
U.S. Representative
Oregon's Second District
(11-08-2017, 08:52 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I get email from Rep. Greg Walden. Me and everyone else. 

Note that he claims a 4% growth rate in the economy with "fix" out tax problems. 
Kind of optimistic, don't you think Greg? 
https://www.npr.org/2017/07/28/539835139...-6-percent

For too long, hardworking taxpayers have struggled with an outdated tax code that is too complicated and takes away too much of your money for the government to spend.  It penalizes success and is filled with lobbyist loopholes and special breaks for special interests.
It’s time to change all of that to a code that respects and rewards hard work, makes everyone play by the same rules, and lets you keep more of your hard-earned tax dollars.  You shouldn’t need an army of lawyers and accountants to make sense of the law.
I have included a couple of links with more details about the proposal that was unveiled last week.  The Ways and Means Committee in the House is working this week on the legislation that will come to the House floor before Thanksgiving.
While reform is never easy, and always subject to partisan hyperbole, we do know two important facts about this draft plan courtesy of the nonpartisan Tax Foundation analysis:
  1. Annual, after-tax income for the middle class will rise in every state

2. The U.S. economy will grow by four percent and create 975,000 new jobs as a result.
Here are the links to the specifics of the draft plan. You can share your thoughts with me by responding to this email. Thanks.
  • To read the policy highlights in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, pleaseclick here.
  • To read the full legislative text of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, please click here.
  • To read the section-by-section summary of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, please click here.
  • To read examples of how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will help Americans of all walks of life, please click here.
Best regards,
Greg Walden
U.S. Representative
Oregon's Second District

Yeah, not to worry. He's only our guy in the U.S. House of Representatives.  Surprised