The GOP and "Trickle Down"...Again & Again
WASHINGTON — The House Republicans’ tax-cut plan springs from a core argument: What’s good for big business and the moneyed elite is inevitably good for the economy and everyone else.
Their plan would slash corporate tax rates, end inheritance taxes for the ultra-rich and create new tax advantages for business owners. To help pay for some of those breaks, the plan would end tax deductions for college loans, high medical bills, moving costs and state and local income taxes. It would also add $1.4 trillion to the national debt over 10 years.
Taken as a whole, the tax plan would drastically lighten the burden on the powerful groups that
Republican leaders say would strengthen the economy while eliminating some benefits for the middle class they’ve called their top priority.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://medfordmailtribune.or.newsmemory....BZVBxTXlo=
It appears the sleeping voters MAY have been awoken. We can no longer allow a small percentage of MOSTLY uneducated, bigoted deplorables to EVER outvote us again. Back under your rocks, the lot of you!  Laughing The funny thing is, this, like the healthcare bill will fail because it doesn't fuck the low and middle class enough.
Benjamin Wittes
The fundamental fight is not between left and right but between proudly-ignorant, reckless and incompetent indecency and those who oppose it.
Alexander Hamilton,

The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion. Tired at length of anarchy, or want of government, they may take shelter in the arms of monarchy for repose and security.

Those then, who resist a confirmation of public order, are the true Artificers of monarchy—not that this is the intention of the generality47 of them. Yet it would not be difficult to lay the finger upon some of their party who may justly be suspected. When a man unprincipled in private life desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”
(11-08-2017, 01:29 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: Alexander Hamilton,

The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion. Tired at length of anarchy, or want of government, they may take shelter in the arms of monarchy for repose and security.

Those then, who resist a confirmation of public order, are the true Artificers of monarchy—not that this is the intention of the generality47 of them. Yet it would not be difficult to lay the finger upon some of their party who may justly be suspected. When a man unprincipled in private life desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”

That guy is awesome. Does he have a Facebook account Or is he on Youtube?
(11-08-2017, 02:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Netflixs
(11-08-2017, 02:12 PM)Willie Krash Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 02:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Netflixs

Cool. I'm sure I've seen his face somewhere Razz
Chaos. I hear it has something to do with fractal mathematics or dynamical systems or something. I don't understand any of that. 
But I know chaos when I see it. 

About the "Trickle Down" thing...

Never mind.
Rising Tides Left All Yachts, Citigroup Plutocracy Report.
What! Trickle down was sold to the masses as rising tides lift all boats. the 1% internal report corrects that...Yachts.
Do not forget American Corporations are awash in cash.

Update on Apple, petty cash now at $257B. That's right. A new aircraft carrier is $13B. we have 12 heavy carriers. Maybe 13 as a new one was recently launched. Apple could add 10 to the fleet and still have $127Billion + left over.
Give them a tax break please so they can pay a real wage.
The iPhone X at $1,000 are here. The container ship from China has docked.
(11-09-2017, 02:02 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: Rising Tides Left All Yachts, Citigroup Plutocracy Report.
What! Trickle down was sold to the masses as rising tides lift all boats. the 1% internal report corrects that...Yachts.  

Update on Apple, petty cash now at $257B. That's right. A new aircraft carrier is $13B. we have 12 heavy carriers. Maybe 13 as a new one was recently launched. Apple could add 10 to the fleet and still have $127Billion + left over.

Crazy world, Willie. (I don't have a smart phone).
(11-09-2017, 04:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 02:02 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: Rising Tides Left All Yachts, Citigroup Plutocracy Report.

Crazy world, Willie. (I don't have a smart phone).

I know and you have a plan that comes with what? 10 minutes a month? Laughing Razz Razz

You make it sound like Apple is some big company owned by some guy named Harvey Apple. And Harvey has a big ass safe in his office with 275 billion stuffed inside.
And that Harvey can do whatever he wants with all that cash.

I'm far from being knowledgeable about economics and how corporations work But I don't think it's all as simple as what I said above. Or is it?
(11-09-2017, 07:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You make it sound like Apple is some big company owned by some guy named Harvey Apple. And Harvey has a big ass safe in his office with 275 billion stuffed inside.

I'm far from being knowledgeable about economics and how corporations work But I don't think it's all as simple as what I said above. Or is it?
Yes, I wonder about this too. I think that people and organizations who develop new products that are in demand are entitled to profits, even lavish profits. I'd hope they pay the workers well, pay their fair share of taxes, and are good cooperate citizens but I'm not troubled they make lots of money. 

PS: By the way TVguy, I have a flip phone that I pay 100 dollars a year for 150 minutes and if I don't use them all and renew before the year is up they minutes carry over. I have LOTS of minutes because I seldom use the thing. I NEVER answer it: I have it to MAKE calls and then only to call a tow truck if my car breaks down. 

It has been handy a couple of times. I had to go to Portland to OH&S for some medical things a couple of times and the phone was good to have. 

But if Ma Bell still had pay phones on every corner I wouldn't bother with the flip phone. (I have a desktop computer, a laptop, an iPad, iPod, and an electronic reader, so I'm not tech adverse. I just don't need a smart phone. Okay...that and I'm CHEAP!)
(11-09-2017, 07:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 07:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes, I wonder about this too. I think that people and organizations who develop new products that are in demand are entitled to profits, even lavish profits. I'd hope they pay the workers well, pay their fair share of taxes, and are good cooperate citizens but I'm not troubled they make lots of money. 

PS: By the way TVguy, I have a flip phone that I pay 100 dollars a year for 150 minutes and if I don't use them all and renew before the year is up they minutes carry over. I have LOTS of minutes because I seldom use the thing. I NEVER answer it: I have it to MAKE calls and then only to call a tow truck if my car breaks down. 

It has been handy a couple of times. I had to go to Portland to OH&S for some medical things a couple of times and the phone was good to have. 

But if Ma Bell still had pay phones on every corner I wouldn't bother with the flip phone. (I have a desktop computer, a laptop, an iPad, iPod, and an electronic reader, so I'm not tech adverse. I just don't need a smart phone. Okay...that and I'm CHEAP!)

Whatever. I called you once and you bum rushed me off the phone to save your minutes LOL

I have LOTS of minutes because I seldom use the thing. I NEVER answer it

That comment contradicts itself. If you have LOTS of minutes why not answer the damn thing LOL

It has been handy a couple of times.

He he, your phone has been "handy" "twice" Laughing Laughing

Hey whatever floats your cheap ass boat Wink . I guess if you don't need it you don't need it. It's just weird to me because like you I'm a senior and I could not live without my Smart phone Smiling And neither could my wife.

Anyway here's funny story. When cell phones first came out my friend got one and he was going on and on about how great it was.
He looked at me and said. "My wife can call me anytime anywhere"

I just stared at him and asked.. and that's a good thing?

He got the funniest look on his face and said kind of quietly, "well OK maybe not"
Man the Apple thing........the plane has left,
It's really a comment about giving tax breaks that are un-needed and you will do w/o many needed things, like improving infrastructure,

It's about if you give them a tax break they will pay more.....NO (but many of you will)

It's about the GOPP blowing a $1.5 Trillion dollar hole in the budget (Watch out SS, medicare and medicaid.

It's about trickle down is a theory as flawed as the Domino theory that got us in Vietnam.

it's about driving the bus into the ditch again with the GOPP in the driver seat.

American corporations are awash in cash. Apple isn't alone.
(11-10-2017, 02:04 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: Man the Apple thing........the plane has left,
It's really a comment about giving tax breaks that are un-needed and you will do w/o many needed things, like improving infrastructure,

It's about if you give them a tax break they will pay more.....NO (but many of you will)

It's about the GOPP blowing a $1.5 Trillion dollar hole in the budget (Watch out SS, medicare and medicaid.

It's about trickle down is a theory as flawed as the Domino theory that got us in Vietnam.

it's about driving the bus into the ditch again with the GOPP in the driver seat.

And all of this will increase our debt in an economy that is growing already.
When Obama spent money to help pull us out of what could have been the  greatest depression ever he was and still is ridiculed for increasing our debt.
(11-10-2017, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 02:04 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: Man the Apple thing........the plane has left,

When Obama spent money to help pull us out of what could have been the  greatest depression ever he was and still is ridiculed for increasing our debt.

Trump will increase it even more.
(11-10-2017, 06:15 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Trump will increase it even more.

Of course only congress can do that but without a doubt at Trump's urging. 
This "Tax Relief" program being touted will, in fact, reduce taxes for even some "middle class" folks (and big time for the very wealthy). 
And...the fewer dollars coming into the treasury from taxes will mean a larger deficient. (They WON'T cut spending enough to make even a little difference).
Trump say's a 4% growth in the economy will make it revenue neutral. And pigs fly. The odds of a 4% growth are slime and none.
A good time to contact senators and congressmen.