The "Homeless"
(11-10-2017, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 03:04 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 02:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 01:00 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 10:21 PM)tvguy Wrote: Tia (Juniper) said in another post she felt her circumstances should qualify her but HUD turned her down. (Can't recall the specifics)

Yes but I bet she wouldn't be turned down NOW with her rent going up 500 bucks.But I don't think it matters because there aren't enough landlords out there who want to be involved with HD.

I remember a few years ago they built quite a bit of low income apartments in Central Point. And I know there are apartment complexes in Medford that are entirely there for low income people.

I just don't think enough have been built.

Actually no. I would not qualify.  I did apply once many years ago when I had children. I was very low income THEN but the reason I was turned down was the order of my children. Girl, boy, girl, boy.  HUD insisted that I couldn't put the girls in one room and the boys in another because there was 4 years difference between their ages.  If it had been Girl, girl, boy, boy, there would have been two years between ages and I could have qualified.  But t hat was then...

NOW....no, I wouldn't qualify.  I would not qualify for any government subsidy program. I'm considered a success story, having worked my way out of 'poverty'.  Just.  I'm just over the poverty line. So, when I say that I'm 'low income', I mean compared to the rest of you folks, not the definition of low poverty by guidelines.  Having my rent increased and my income/outgo ratio does not 'qualify' me for any program. It doesn't work like that.
You need to get a job that pays less Razz

I was turned down was the order of my children. Girl, boy, girl, boy.  HUD insisted that I couldn't put the girls in one room and the boys in another because there was 4 years difference between their ages.

That's too frickin loopy. So if they said you had to have more bedrooms than you should have qualified for a house with more bedrooms.

I said above that they didn't fund 5 bedroom homes, so no.
I know. I said than you should have qualified for a house with more bedrooms. Not that you actually could.

Laughing  I guess.