More about "Trickle Down"
(11-19-2017, 05:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 12:16 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Thank you

So...not farmers who get the subsidies? Shoe salesmen maybe? 

Hey CUZZ, you really THAT bored?  Big Grin

That was not the point. Do you really like arguing so much you change the subject to do it?
(11-19-2017, 06:51 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

That was not the point. Do you really like arguing so much you change the subject to do it?
I think you just have a problem with me. Maybe I deserve it.
But, to recap (as I remember things)
BBQ said: When they just tried this BS in Kansas, they gave all the llc's and small businesses tax relief which those farmers and ranchers used to take European vacations. No reinvestment, no jobs, 

And you said: It had nothing to do with not planting subsidies. 

So I'm not a tax expert. BBQ was talking about farmers. I figured they get tax breaks by some kind of government subsidies. No? Then explain it please. 

I'm wrong? Okay, I'm wrong. But I was NOT tying to change the subject. FARMERS. How they got the stuff BBQ was talking about I don't really know. But please, when you want to educate me just do it, okay? Your comment about my "really liking arguing so much that I change the subject to do it" was kind of harsh, because while I may have been (was, I guess) wrong I was not trying to change the subject to argue.
(11-19-2017, 08:17 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

BBQ said: When they just tried this BS in Kansas, they gave all the llc's and small businesses tax relief which those farmers and ranchers used to take European vacations. No reinvestment, no jobs, 

So I'm not a tax expert. BBQ was talking about farmers. I figured they get tax breaks by some kind of government subsidies. No? Then explain it please. 

I'm wrong? Okay, I'm wrong. But I was NOT tying to change the subject. FARMERS. How they got the stuff BBQ was talking about I don't really know. But please, when you want to educate me just do it, okay? Your comment about my "really liking arguing so much that I change the subject to do it" was kind of harsh, because while I may have been (was, I guess) wrong I was not trying to change the subject to argue.

I already tried to explain it. You insisted it must be something about farm program subsidies, the ones for not growing certain crops, that's feds. The subject was a state tax break, that's state.

I understand and accept that subjects drift and morph here. Sometimes it's just not understanding what's said and carrying on with a different subject altogether. I tried to bring you back but you weren't having it.   Laughing
(11-19-2017, 09:09 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 08:17 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I already tried to explain it. You insisted it must be something about farm program subsidies, the ones for not growing certain crops, that's feds. The subject was a state tax break, that's state.

I understand and accept that subjects drift and morph here. Sometimes it's just not understanding what's said and carrying on with a different subject altogether. I tried to bring you back but you weren't having it.   Laughing

I guess I should have known: Some years ago I read Tom Frank's book "What's wrong with Kansas". And still, BBQ's remark hit at a general theme about taxes and he mentioned farmers and well...I guess I didn't have my antenna high enough in the air to catch all the subtleties of farm polices as compared to federal trickle down things. Or just didn't know. 
I was wrong.
I said so in the previous post.
I'll repeat it again: I was mistaken. 
But it felt more like you were slapping me back to the subject rather than dragging me back. 
I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree...but you knew that. This is a forum, a gathering of friendly voices for the most part.
When I'm wrong could you please help educate me. See, now I now that "planting subsidies" is not part of a trickle down economy. And still, those farmers BBQ talked about are somehow eating high on the hog.  Laughing
But I was wrong. 
Please consider me dragged back.  Smiling

PS: I assume you too Read Tom Frank's book. May I suggest another, kind of like it but with a different slant and ridiculous title. It's "Deer Hunting With Jesus". (Forgot the author...you could Google it) I thought it was a good read. And if you find that of interest, you might want to check out "The Unwinding". A bit different, but follows the general theme.
Jesus.
(11-20-2017, 08:26 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Jesus.

Yes, while you are praying pray for my feeble mind. I got side tracked by your reference to wealthy farmers off to far off places with strange sounding names. I folded that into the "trickle down" thing and was wrong. If there ever was a poster for the failure of drastic tax reduction it was what happened in Kansas.
Nonetheless, I used them as a metaphor for all small businessmen who received direct tax breaks, money back in their pockets and they took it and spent it. On themselves.

Mr. Frank still writes and still grew up 1 HS over. I follow him on FB.