Sunday Night Blues?
(11-27-2017, 08:46 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 08:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 07:13 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 07:08 PM)Juniper Wrote: I  used to look forward to my job... not any more.  Burn out.

23 years and still get up early and happy to go to work.  Looking forward (and fast) to retirement (early), but still love my job.

I get the impression (feeling really) you are some kind of civil engineer. If that's the case, it's a great job because it throws new challenges at you almost daily and they're NEVER the same. Pretty good work if you've got a good group of people around you.  Cool
Naw, he cleans Port-Potties.  Laughing 
I know what he does but the CIA guys would kill me if I revealed it. (He hasn't broken a sweat in years)
And yes Hugo, no matter how much you enjoy your work, by all means retire at the earliest possible moment. I liked my job too, but they offered me a deal at age 57 and I jumped at it. It cost me just a bit, but I've never been sorry. The days dwindle down to a precious few and you should be doing exactly the things you most want to do.

My second choice was architect.   Laughing
(11-27-2017, 08:57 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 08:46 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 08:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 07:08 PM)Juniper Wrote: I  used to look forward to my job... not any more.  Burn out.

23 years and still get up early and happy to go to work.  Looking forward (and fast) to retirement (early), but still love my job.

I get the impression (feeling really) you are some kind of civil engineer. If that's the case, it's a great job because it throws new challenges at you almost daily and they're NEVER the same. Pretty good work if you've got a good group of people around you.  Cool
Naw, he cleans Port-Potties.  Laughing 
I know what he does but the CIA guys would kill me if I revealed it. (He hasn't broken a sweat in years)
And yes Hugo, no matter how much you enjoy your work, by all means retire at the earliest possible moment. I liked my job too, but they offered me a deal at age 57 and I jumped at it. It cost me just a bit, but I've never been sorry. The days dwindle down to a precious few and you should be doing exactly the things you most want to do.

My second choice was architect.   Laughing

In my occupational sphere I've heard some pretty slanderous opinions of civil engineers and their perceived ancestry.   Big Grin Laughing
My ex FIL was a hydraulics engineer who designed dams for the corp of engineers . I agree.
(11-27-2017, 08:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That begs the question.. why retire early? When you say that do you mean at 62?

I think your jobs differs than my job or maybe anyone in construction.
It's never the same. Some jobs suck and sometimes whomever is you boss on site can make it painful to work for when it didn't need to be..

Because of someone special in my life who will retire before I do....  I would like to maximize my lifetime with her.
(11-28-2017, 06:50 AM)Hugo Wrote:

It's never the same. Some jobs suck and sometimes whomever is you boss on site can make it painful to work for when it didn't need to be..

Because of someone special in my life who will retire before I do....  I would like to maximize my lifetime with her.
Ding ding ding.. Survey says.... NUMBER ONE answer Big Grin
(11-28-2017, 06:50 AM)Hugo Wrote:

And never the "Sunday Night Blues".  I wish you both long years of leisure and good health.