Hey DEMS, get your act together!
(12-03-2017, 03:14 PM)bbqboy Wrote: That's absurd. By the 8th month it is about the life of the baby and mom. Elective surgery because the welfare queen decided she couldn't be bothered is a wingnut myth. Shame on you.

I don't know about it being a total myth but you nailed it. The scenario you described is the typical story of the right when they want to ban ALL abortions.
And it's a tiny fraction of what acyually happens with most abortions.
(12-03-2017, 03:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 03:14 PM)bbqboy Wrote: That's absurd. By the 8th month it is about the life of the baby and mom. Elective surgery because the welfare queen decided she couldn't be bothered is a wingnut myth. Shame on you.

I don't know about it being a total myth but you nailed it. The scenario you described is the typical story of the right when they want to ban ALL abortions.

Like talking to brick walls.  Wink
(12-03-2017, 07:35 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

You should talk to brick walls. They will accept your all knowing superiority and never argue with you.
(12-03-2017, 08:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 07:35 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

You should talk to brick walls. They will accept your all knowing superiority and never argue with you.
Not AT ALL as you and Barbie suggested. Welfare queen? Getting someone to abort in the 8th month? Not likely.
But...
A healthy, very wealthy woman who FOR WHAT EVER REASON can lawyer up, find a 5th Ave physician and when enough money has been made available she can have that almost full term fetus's head crushed and abort the pregnancy. It will be described as "To save the life of the mother" or even "For the health of the mother". 

I've said I support abortion. In the 1st trimester. In this case, I say this woman goes full term, gives birth to this baby and allows a loving couple to adopt and nourish this infant to adulthood. 

Right wing? No. Human values.