M. Flynn is gonna fall...
Is he but the "first domino" that could lead to the White House? Stay tuned. 

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former national security adviser Michael Flynn is to plead guilty Friday to making false statements to the FBI, becoming the fourth person charged in a wide-ranging investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller and his team of prosecutors.
Court documents show Flynn, an early and vocal supporter on the campaign trail of President Donald Trump, will admit to lying to the FBI about his conversations during the transition period with Russia’s ambassador to the United States.
Flynn, who was interviewed by the FBI just days after Trump’s inauguration, was forced to resign in February after White House officials said he had misled them about whether he had discussed sanctions with the ambassador, Sergey Kislyak.
A plea hearing is scheduled for 10:30 A.M. EST before U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras.
Flynn’s lawyer, Robert Kelner, did not immediately return messages seeking comment.
Mueller’s team announced charges last month against three other Trump campaign officials, former chairman Paul Manafort and his business associate Rick Gates, and a former foreign policy adviser, George Papadopoulos.
Signs of Flynn cooperating with Mueller’s team surfaced in the past week, as his lawyers told the legal team they could no longer discuss information about the case with them. Scheduled grand jury testimony regarding Flynn was also postponed.
Yesterday's news. You miss a lot by not being on FB.
(12-02-2017, 10:35 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Yesterday's news.  You miss a lot by not being on FB.

Really?  Laughing Laughing Laughing  

OMG! Not YESTERDAY! Oh the shame of being out of touch.  Embarrassed.

I posted it on the off chance someone may want to comment and engage in discussion, because while it is OLD news, we had no Topic for it yet. 

PS: I am "on" Facebook. I occasionally interact with TVguy and a couple of members of my family but don't use FB as my go-to site for news, or for much else really. 

But, if you use FB and enjoy it, for whatever reasons, I'm happy for you. I don't "trash" it, it's just not my favorite media landing place. I'm "old school" and my first choice for news is the several newspapers I subscribe to. And by the way, papers like the NYT (and others) not only post the "daily paper" but provide email updates throughout the day making it as timely as FB. Curious too, that magazines are doing that now. I subscribe to Atlantic and they have email news updates often also. Harpers provides a Weekly Update and The New Yorker sends email updates about articles they have printed in the weekly magazine.

Later edit: An example. 
BREAKING NEWS
An F.B.I. agent was cut from the Russia inquiry after questions about whether he expressed anti-Trump political views in text messages
Saturday, December 2, 2017 11:47 AM EST

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, removed a top F.B.I. agent from his investigation into Russian election meddling after the Justice Department’s inspector general began examining whether the agent sent text messages that expressed anti-Trump political views, according to three people briefed on the matter.
The agent, Peter Strzok, is considered one of the most experienced and trusted F.B.I. counterintelligence investigators. He helped lead the investigation into whether Hillary Clinton mishandled classified information on her private email account, and then played a major role in the investigation into links between President Trump’s campaign and Russia.
Read More »
(12-02-2017, 10:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 10:35 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Yesterday's news.  You miss a lot by not being on FB.

I posted it on the off chance someone may want to comment and engage in discussion, because while it is OLD news, we had no Topic for it yet. 

PS: I am "on" Facebook. I occasionally interact with TVguy and a couple of members of my family but don't use FB as my go-to site for news, or for much else really. 

But, if you use FB and enjoy it, for whatever reasons, I'm happy for you. I don't "trash" it, it's just not my favorite media landing place. I'm "old school" and my first choice for news is the several newspapers I subscribe to. And by the way, papers like the NYT (and others) not only post the "daily paper" but provide email updates throughout the day making it as timely as FB. Curious too, that magazines are doing that now. I subscribe to Atlantic and they have email news updates often also. Harpers provides a Weekly Update and The New Yorker sends email updates about articles they have printed in the weekly magazine.

I updated the indictment thread, but nobody is really discussing it. It's going to be very difficult for the Trumpsters to watch this unfold. Do you think we can all get behind a President Ryan?  Big Grin

https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/s...#pid399592
(12-02-2017, 11:11 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I updated the indictment thread, but nobody is really discussing it. It's going to be very difficult for the Trumpsters to watch this unfold. Do you think we can all get behind a President Ryan?  Big Grin

For some reason (?) could not open that link.
(12-02-2017, 11:25 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

For some reason (?) could not open that link.

It works for me.  Razz It's just post #12 in Who Are The First Indicted thread.

Believe me, we know. Because you've lectured us endlessly for years. Those same sources you insist on emails for are right there on Facebook too. But never mind, enjoy 2002.
Just saying you're being lapped. Instant culture waits for no man.
(12-02-2017, 12:13 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

Believe me, we know. Because you've lectured us endlessly for years. Those same sources you insist on emails for are right there on Facebook too. But never mind, enjoy 2002.
This Topic sailing right along until you had to make a snarky comment about my tardy awareness of the news. As if the few hours made me (or anyone) somehow slow to embrace the important events of the day. 
Do you even RECOGNIZE the arrogance of your opinion. Those "sources"do have content on FB but it's limited and does not include the "long form" articles that make them valuable. So does it matter that I get them via email or FB? 
Hey, I said I'm happy for you if you find it of value and enjoy it. The NTY, Washington Post, Atlantic, New Yorker and Harpers are not 2002 media, and to suggest that is simply ignorant. 
But, if you don't want to read them, then don't. Strange however you can make judgements about the things you DON'T read. 
But that's you. Suggesting I've "lectured" you. I, like others here, post opinions. You don't like 'em? Ignore them.
Here's why that's old news: Trump this morning tweeted that he knew Flynn lied, thereby convicting himself of obstruction of justice.
Good times!
(12-02-2017, 12:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 12:13 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

This Topic sailing right along until you had to make a snarky comment about my tardy awareness of the news. As if the few hours made me (or anyone) somehow slow to embrace the important events of the day. 
Do you even RECOGNIZE the arrogance of your opinion. Those "sources"do have content on FB but it's limited and does not include the "long form" articles that make them valuable. So does it matter that I get them via email or FB? 
Hey, I said I'm happy for you if you find it of value and enjoy it. The NTY, Washington Post, Atlantic, New Yorker and Harpers are not 2002 media, and to suggest that is simply ignorant. 
But, if you don't want to read them, then don't. Strange however you can make judgements about the things you DON'T read. 
But that's you. Suggesting I've "lectured" you. I, like others here, post opinions. You don't like 'em? Ignore them.
Jesus. Everyone knows how you act. Is the chip on your shoulder what's causing the trouble?
BTW-same stories on Facebook and Twitter. Stick with your ways, just don't burden us with lengthy diatribes.

BREAKING NEWS
An F.B.I. agent was cut from the Russia inquiry after questions about whether he expressed anti-Trump political views in text messages

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, removed a top F.B.I. agent from his investigation into Russian election meddling after the Justice Department’s inspector general began examining whether the agent sent text messages that expressed anti-Trump political views, according to three people briefed on the matter.
The agent, Peter Strzok, is considered one of the most experienced and trusted F.B.I. counterintelligence investigators. He helped lead the investigation into whether Hillary Clinton mishandled classified information on her private email account, and then played a major role in the investigation into links between President Trump’s campaign and Russia.
Read More »

Wonky, If you want to get anything out of FB you need to join groups.

And Flynn is making deals so he won't be one to "fall". That's the way it works didn't you ever watch Law and Order Razz
(12-02-2017, 03:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:

BREAKING NEWS

Read More »

And Flynn is making deals so he won't be one to "fall". That's the way it works didn't you ever watch Law and Order Razz
NEVER missed Law and Order (Still grieve about the loss of Lenny). 
And I have nothing "against" FB and I'm aware of the "Groups". I belong to a couple (but don't check in often) 
But, I just don't feel I need FB to stay informed. 
My snarky comment to BBQ was that because the Flynn news had been hours old before I posted the Topic, didn't exactly make it "old news". And of course I knew of it long before I posted the Topic.
We all get to make our own choices about news outlets. Some go to FOX, some to CNN or MSNBC, and some of us prefer  print journalism and the online content they add to the daily offerings. 

I listend to a PBS Podcast this morning (Up First) saying that Flynn has not YET been granted a get out of jail free card, that it's contingent on what he gives them. And sing he will, rather than go to jail. We have no way of knowing yet, but this could be like watergate in that when the damn breaks it floods even the oval office. Time will tell.
(12-02-2017, 04:01 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

BREAKING NEWS

Read More »

And I have nothing "against" FB and I'm aware of the "Groups". I belong to a couple (but don't check in often) 
My snarky comment to BBQ was that because the Flynn news had been hours old before I posted the Topic, didn't exactly make it "old news". And of course I knew of it long before I posted the Topic.
We all get to make our own choices about news outlets. Some go to FOX, some to CNN or MSNBC, and some of us prefer  print journalism and the online content they add to the daily offerings. 

I listend to a PBS Podcast this morning (Up First) saying that Flynn has not YET been granted a get out of jail free card, that it's contingent on what he gives them. And sing he will, rather than go to jail. We have no way of knowing yet, but this could be like watergate in that when the damn breaks it floods even the oval office. Time will tell.

You don't. But it's true that you might find out about something on FB before others. I don't go there for news but there have been countless times when someone told me about something and I was already aware of it via FB.
And VERY often something I see on FB interested me enough to Google it and find more info or TRUE info when otherwise I would have never learned about it.

"Check in"?  do you know what the notifications are? at the top of the Facebook page? It's a world globe.
(12-02-2017, 04:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:

BREAKING NEWS

Read More »

You don't. But it's true that you might find out about something on FB before others. I don't go there for news but there have been countless times when someone told me about something and I was already aware of it via FB.
And VERY often something I see on FB interested me enough to Google it and find more info or TRUE info when otherwise I would have never learned about it.

"Check in"?  do you know what the notifications are? at the top of the Facebook page? It's a world globe.
Yes, and I CAN turn off notifications. And do. I want to CHOOSE what I look at. 
ALL kinds of news updates other than FB and I choose the others. Probably the best and fastest is Twitter...but even though I have an account I don't use it.

Later edit:
An example of an option other than FB. 
This popped up on my email server: Notice that it's posted at 1:53PM today. 

BREAKING NEWS
The Senate passed the most sweeping tax overhaul in decades, a big win for President Trump. It now must be reconciled with the House version.
Saturday, December 2, 2017 1:53 AM EST

The Senate passed the most sweeping tax rewrite in decades early Saturday, with Republicans lining up to approve an overhaul that will touch almost every corner of the United States economy, affecting families, small business owners and multinational corporations, with the biggest benefits flowing to the highest-earning Americans.
Senators voted 51-49, as Republicans approved the nearly 500-page bill in the early morning hours after lawmakers received a rewritten version, which contained significant changes from the original bill that passed two Senate panels last month along party lines.
Read More »

(The "more" goes on to dig into the details and that there might be conflicts between to two.) 
(12-02-2017, 04:55 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 10:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Really?  Laughing Laughing Laughing  

BREAKING NEWS

Read More »

ALL kinds of news updates other than FB and I choose the others. Probably the best and fastest is Twitter...but even though I have an account I don't use it.

Later edit:

BREAKING NEWS
The Senate passed the most sweeping tax overhaul in decades, a big win for President Trump. It now must be reconciled with the House version.

The Senate passed the most sweeping tax rewrite in decades early Saturday, with Republicans lining up to approve an overhaul that will touch almost every corner of the United States economy, affecting families, small business owners and multinational corporations, with the biggest benefits flowing to the highest-earning Americans.
Senators voted 51-49, as Republicans approved the nearly 500-page bill in the early morning hours after lawmakers received a rewritten version, which contained significant changes from the original bill that passed two Senate panels last month along party lines.
Read More »

(The "more" goes on to dig into the details and that there might be conflicts between to two.) 

Why are showing ME options other than FB? I'm aware there are some.

OK what do you look at? What groups are you a member of? Of course you don't have to answer but I don't know why you wouldn't.
I'm just curious. Because sometimes there is interaction that is not too much unlike what we have here.
(12-02-2017, 06:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 03:37 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky, If you want to get anything out of FB you need to join groups.

Later edit:

BREAKING NEWS

Read More »

OK what do you look at? What groups are you a member of? Of course you don't have to answer but I don't know why you wouldn't.
I'm just curious. Because sometimes there is interaction that is not too much unlike what we have here.

Nope. Not going there. We argue about enough without introducing one more element into it. As I said before, I seldom bother to even go to them.
(12-02-2017, 08:06 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 06:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 04:01 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: NEVER missed Law and Order (Still grieve about the loss of Lenny). 

Later edit:

BREAKING NEWS

Read More »

Nope. Not going there. We argue about enough without introducing one more element into it. As I said before, I seldom bother to even go to them.

I don't see how what FB group you are a member of is something to argue about. That's an odd answer. 
As I said before, I seldom bother to even go to them.

Well if it's a bother than maybe you could try different groups. Or not I'm only trying to enlighten a guy who like me sometimes likes to interact with others on a computer.
I'm not trying to pry. I'm trying to understand. I still don't think you even know what I'm talking about as far as notifications.
If you are on some specific FB site and you make a comment to the OP or to anyone on the thread you will get a notification when ever they respond. And then when ANYONE comments of that topic. If you are tired of that topic you can turn off notifications.
I don't turn off notifications for a group. If I don't want to hear anything I just unfollow the group.

I'm a member of around 15 groups. It gives me something to do after the 5 minutes or less it takes to respond to everything on the RVF.
And like I've been trying to say sometimes it's really not a lot different than the RVF. As a matter of fact it's often better because there are more people actually on line and you don't have to wait until the next day to carry on a conversation.
Exactly. Tons of left and right political groups, local pages, music pages. I know tons of old people on FB. I guess I don't understand the anti-attitude. It was old news because we discussed it solidly for 24 hours with people all over the US and the World. Millions instead of Larry and Chuck. I'm just mystified at the hostility by Wonky
Oh well, not my problem.
(12-03-2017, 08:15 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Exactly. Tons of left and right political groups, local pages, music pages. I know tons of old people on FB. I guess I don't understand the anti-attitude. It was old news because we discussed it solidly for 24 hours with people all over the US and the World. Millions instead of Larry and Chuck. I'm just mystified at the hostility by Wonky
Oh well, not my problem.
My hostility?  Laughing
(12-03-2017, 09:29 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 08:15 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Exactly. Tons of left and right political groups, local pages, music pages. I know tons of old people on FB. I guess I don't understand the anti-attitude. It was old news because we discussed it solidly for 24 hours with people all over the US and the World. Millions instead of Larry and Chuck. I'm just mystified at the hostility by Wonky
Oh well, not my problem.
My hostility?  Laughing

Are you really that unaware? 
Whoosh!
At least I know when I'm being an asshole.