M. Flynn is gonna fall...
(12-04-2017, 11:21 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 08:08 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Because almost everyone that has left this forum is over there and most are my friends on there. I'm mystified at your firm rejection of something that is an asset to most people.

I'm sure it's true that many are landing at Facebook who once were active here at RVF. The reasons may vary and we may never really know for sure. But, FB is a site with over a billion members and that would indicate something positive about it.
It's also true that my resistance no doubt comes from the fact that I've never taken time (or energy) to fully investigate the functions there.
But, from my limited time on the site it's not the kind of interaction I find valuable. Mostly short "personal" posts, I'm not all that interested that someone's child has learned to play the drums. I seldom see exchanges of dialog about (for instance) policy debates in our government, or other "social" subjects of a more serious nature. 
TVguy suggested I was not "aware" or "using" the Groups. But, when I browsed the "Recommend" groups I could not find a News group...seems kind of strange. I can do a search for the NYT and subscribe, but it's only a taste of what the paper offers as a subscription and I do subscribe so it's of not real value to me. (Just one example). I can see it's value for those sites I might want to browse but not subscribe: But when I'm really interested I tend to pay the freight for a annual subscription and get the full content. 

But...I may take more time to fully investigate all the features and see it my attitude about the site changes. If you visit places there you value, please let me know. 

So, my rejection is not "firm". I have said (lot's of times  Embarrassed ) It's not a site I value. Maybe with your help, and my time in digging a little deeper into it, I'll revise my feelings about it.

FB and Cell phones killed the internet forum. Remember, (or not) when someone on the forum did the first post from their Blackberry?  I do.  It was not the norm.    Forums and cell phones don't mix well.  Most people on FB are actually posting from their phones.  Who's posting from their phones here?  What are you posting from?
I haven't looked at my computer since the last time I downloaded pix.
So 2 or 3 months at least.
(12-05-2017, 06:29 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I haven't looked at my computer since the last time I downloaded pix.

And most of your posts stay pretty short. Right?  No 50 word posts coming from phone postings. Short and sweet like FB and Twitter.
(12-05-2017, 07:54 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 06:29 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I haven't looked at my computer since the last time I downloaded pix.

And most of your posts stay pretty short. Right?  No 50 word posts coming from phone postings. Short and sweet like FB and Twitter.

Not to mention the poor spelling (not you BBQ) I guess most who post from phones don't have spell check?
Also it's incredible how many people don't know how to edit a post. A lot of people never capitalize anything.
And apparently many don't know how to Google something OR post a link. None of that matters much. Just my observation.
(12-04-2017, 06:24 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 03:01 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky......It's also true that my resistance no doubt comes from the fact that I've never taken time (or energy) to fully investigate the functions there.

Right!! and that was EXACTLY my point and when I TRIED to help and or see how you used FB you were offended and said..."I get to make my own decisions."

[b]Maybe with your help, and my time in digging a little deeper into it, I'll revise my feelings about it.

[/b]So NOW you are asking BBQ for help? FFS

So forget the whole thing and I won't bother with trying to get you to understand how FB works.
And PLEASE stop commenting on my FB posts and calling me "TVguy"

Your not TVGUY on facebook? (Did you use your real name ??)

I'll have to get my Chuck White facebook account back up and active. I have two facebook accounts, none in my real name.

That kind of takes away what Facebook is all about. Friends and family.
(12-05-2017, 03:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Not to mention the poor spelling (not you BBQ) I guess most who post from phones don't have spell check?
Also it's incredible how many people don't know how to edit a post. A lot of people never capitalize anything.
And apparently many don't know how to Google something OR post a link. None of that matters much. Just my observation.

Phones have autocorrect... which totally fucks with your posts.  Autocorrect hates me... gets me every chance it can!  I hate autocorrect almost as much as I hate tRump!  If you get my drift! LOL
(12-05-2017, 05:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Phones have autocorrect... which totally fucks with your posts.  Autocorrect hates me... gets me every chance it can!  I hate autocorrect almost as much as I hate tRump!  If you get my drift! LOL

OH yeah I forgot about auto correct. I don't have it I guess or maybe I do? I have an old Samsung Galaxy five. It does a great job understanding most of the words I pronounce. 
When it gets it wrong I click on it and get a list of words that might be correct and choose one

Basically you gots to read before you send Razz
(12-05-2017, 06:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 05:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

OH yeah I forgot about auto correct. I don't have it I guess or maybe I do? I have an old Samsung Galaxy five. It does a great job understanding most of the words I pronounce. 
When it gets it wrong I click on it and get a list of words that might be correct and choose one

Basically you gots to read before you send Razz

And pleeease find the punctuation. I can't stand reading one humongous sentence and even then no period at the end.   Dry
(12-05-2017, 03:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 03:01 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky......It's also true that my resistance no doubt comes from the fact that I've never taken time (or energy) to fully investigate the functions there.

Right!! and that was EXACTLY my point and when I TRIED to help and or see how you used FB you were offended and said..."I get to make my own decisions."

[b]Maybe with your help, and my time in digging a little deeper into it, I'll revise my feelings about it.

So forget the whole thing and I won't bother with trying to get you to understand how FB works.

I'll have to get my Chuck White facebook account back up and active. I have two facebook accounts, none in my real name.

I don't know...my friends are diminishing and my family is going extinct. Sad
(12-05-2017, 09:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Well maybe so but Facebook loves to say it's all about family and friends.
(12-06-2017, 03:59 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 09:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Well maybe so but Facebook loves to say it's all about family and friends.
Laughing   Well, FB should know! Big Grin
They know everything else, for sure.
(12-06-2017, 01:11 PM)bbqboy Wrote: They know everything else, for sure.

Yes they do and I don't really care Big Grin