M. Flynn is gonna fall...
(12-03-2017, 09:29 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 08:15 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Exactly. Tons of left and right political groups, local pages, music pages. I know tons of old people on FB. I guess I don't understand the anti-attitude. It was old news because we discussed it solidly for 24 hours with people all over the US and the World. Millions instead of Larry and Chuck. I'm just mystified at the hostility by Wonky
Oh well, not my problem.
My hostility?  Laughing

Well all I was trying to do was get you to understand Facebook for YOUR own benefit because I'm pretty sure you don't. And for the second time in a couple days you claim I just want to argue.
(12-03-2017, 08:15 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Exactly. Tons of left and right political groups, local pages, music pages. I know tons of old people on FB. I guess I don't understand the anti-attitude. It was old news because we discussed it solidly for 24 hours with people all over the US and the World. Millions instead of Larry and Chuck. I'm just mystified at the hostility by Wonky
Oh well, not my problem.

You would think, Larry and Chuck was all you need. Well maybe, not so much Larry.
Agreed.
Chuck Is All You Need was always my favorite Beatles song.
(12-03-2017, 06:27 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Agreed.
Chuck Is All You Need was always my favorite Beatles song.

Man I just can't pick ONE but I like "Come together"
(12-03-2017, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Oh well, not my problem.
My hostility?  Laughing

Well all I was trying to do was get you to understand Facebook for YOUR own benefit because I'm pretty sure you don't. And for the second time in a couple days  you claim I just want to argue.
Well all I was trying to do was get you to understand Facebook for YOUR own benefit

I get to make my own decisions. I'm aware that billions of people around the world use Facebook. Billions don't. I use it a bit from time to time, but for my own needs. For other "needs" I use different platforms. 

I don't need your help to "understand Facebook is for my benefit". 
(12-03-2017, 07:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Oh well, not my problem.
My hostility?  Laughing

Well all I was trying to do was get you to understand Facebook for YOUR own benefit because I'm pretty sure you don't. And for the second time in a couple days  you claim I just want to argue.
Well all I was trying to do was get you to understand Facebook for YOUR own benefit

I get to make my own decisions. I'm aware that billions of people around the world use Facebook. Billions don't. I use it a bit from time to time, but for my own needs. For other "needs" I use different platforms. 

You don't want help. My guess is you don't have a clue how to use FB. My bad for simply trying to help. I was not trying to make decisions for you. I can't even believe that's what you think or why. Blink
(12-03-2017, 08:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 07:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Oh well, not my problem.
My hostility?  Laughing

You don't want help. My guess is you don't have a clue how to use FB. My bad for simply trying to help. I was not trying to make decisions for you. I can't even believe that's what you think or why. Blink
So, let's just be clear and keep it simple. 
I've used FB a bit. 
I'm not all that impressed with it for MY needs (or wants).
I have NO PROBLEM with you using it, quoting it, relying on it, or advertising on it.
I'll probably keep my account. On occasion I'll post comments.
For my other "needs and wants" I'll use platforms I value more than FB. 
From time to time I might even suggest other platforms are more valuable than FB. Does that make it true? Only for me. You get information and/or entertainment wherever it pleases you.
I'll do the same.
Except your the one that whines and moans continually about this forum and folks leaving. So don't whine anymore. Deal?
(12-03-2017, 11:02 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Except your the one that whines and moans continually about this forum and folks leaving. So don't whine anymore. Deal?
Okay, deal. 
(But kind of wondering what that has to do with the Facebook thing, or anything we have been discussing. But never mind, this might be a good place to leave it.
I won't piss and moan about folks leaving the forum. I DO reserve the right to make comments about how we present content here...that's part and parcel of what a forum is all about in my opinion. 

PS: Think The Royals will be able to keep Eric Hosmer? Gonna take a lot of money!
Because almost everyone that has left this forum is over there and most are my friends on there. I'm mystified at your firm rejection of something that is an asset to most people.
Equal justice under the law. If Flynn was charged for lying to the FBI, why hasn't Killary and company also been charged?

Fake News? ABC reported on Friday that Flynn was asked by Trump to contact the Russians during the campaign? The left had a collective organism over the news, only to find out later that was a lie and ABC had to issue a correction and the "reporter" was suspended for one month without pay for making that claim. Joy Behar had to admit herself into a rehab center upon hearing this devastating news....
(12-04-2017, 08:08 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Because almost everyone that has left this forum is over there and most are my friends on there. I'm mystified at your firm rejection of something that is an asset to most people.

I'm sure it's true that many are landing at Facebook who once were active here at RVF. The reasons may vary and we may never really know for sure. But, FB is a site with over a billion members and that would indicate something positive about it.
It's also true that my resistance no doubt comes from the fact that I've never taken time (or energy) to fully investigate the functions there.
But, from my limited time on the site it's not the kind of interaction I find valuable. Mostly short "personal" posts, I'm not all that interested that someone's child has learned to play the drums. I seldom see exchanges of dialog about (for instance) policy debates in our government, or other "social" subjects of a more serious nature. 
TVguy suggested I was not "aware" or "using" the Groups. But, when I browsed the "Recommend" groups I could not find a News group...seems kind of strange. I can do a search for the NYT and subscribe, but it's only a taste of what the paper offers as a subscription and I do subscribe so it's of not real value to me. (Just one example). I can see it's value for those sites I might want to browse but not subscribe: But when I'm really interested I tend to pay the freight for a annual subscription and get the full content. 

But...I may take more time to fully investigate all the features and see it my attitude about the site changes. If you visit places there you value, please let me know. 

So, my rejection is not "firm". I have said (lot's of times  Embarrassed ) It's not a site I value. Maybe with your help, and my time in digging a little deeper into it, I'll revise my feelings about it.
Don't you ever wonder how many left because of you?
(12-04-2017, 12:46 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Don't you ever wonder how many left because of you?

You really don't have a clue about "tact" do you?
And no response about the "Facebook issue"?
(12-04-2017, 01:35 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 12:46 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Don't you ever wonder how many left because of you?

You really don't have a clue about "tact" do you?
And no response about the "Facebook issue"?

You don't think it's a legitimate question?  You think you are better than everyone else? Laughing
Wonky......It's also true that my resistance no doubt comes from the fact that I've never taken time (or energy) to fully investigate the functions there.

Right!! and that was EXACTLY my point and when I TRIED to help and or see how you used FB you were offended and said..."I get to make my own decisions."

[b]Maybe with your help, and my time in digging a little deeper into it, I'll revise my feelings about it.

[/b]So NOW you are asking BBQ for help? FFS

So forget the whole thing and I won't bother with trying to get you to understand how FB works.
And PLEASE stop commenting on my FB posts and calling me "TVguy"
This is funny
(12-04-2017, 03:04 PM)bbqboy Wrote: This is funny
But you will help right? Razz
(12-04-2017, 03:01 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky......It's also true that my resistance no doubt comes from the fact that I've never taken time (or energy) to fully investigate the functions there.

Right!! and that was EXACTLY my point and when I TRIED to help and or see how you used FB you were offended and said..."I get to make my own decisions."

[b]Maybe with your help, and my time in digging a little deeper into it, I'll revise my feelings about it.

[/b]So NOW you are asking BBQ for help? FFS

So forget the whole thing and I won't bother with trying to get you to understand how FB works.
And PLEASE stop commenting on my FB posts and calling me "TVguy"

Your not TVGUY on facebook? (Did you use your real name ??)

I'll have to get my Chuck White facebook account back up and active. I have two facebook accounts, none in my real name.
I have no need to have a pseudonym. I'm comfortable with linking my real name with my point of view in various places.
Connects me to my past present and future.
What's fun is when my friends from various experiences interact, sometimes in unison and other times in conflict and opposition.