This is why the beer and wine industry fought legal pot.
Quote:A working study from the University of Connecticut and Georgia State University has observed a 15 percent drop in alcohol sales in states that legally allow medical marijuana.
Quote:The experts find that beer and wine sales in particular have seen the largest decline.

“When disaggregating by beer and wine we find that legalization of medical marijuana had a negative effect on corresponding sales by as much as 13.8 and 16.2 percent,respectively,” according to the researchers.
http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/201...udy-finds/
Maybe they should consider developing and marketing marijuana wine?
I'm not so sure I believe this study. Maybe. Personally when I smoke weed I like to have a beer with it LOL.

I read the study , it didn't go in to much detail 

We use data on purchases of alcoholic beverages in grocery, convenience, drug, or mass distribution stores in US counties for 2006-2015 to study the link between medical marijuana laws and alcohol consumption and focus on settling the debate between the substitutability or complementarity between marijuana and alcohol. To do this we exploit the differences in the timing of the of marijuana laws among states and find that these two substances are substitutes. Counties located in MML states reduced monthly alcohol sales by 13 percent. Our findings are robust to border counties analysis, a placebo effective dates for MMLs in the treated states, and falsification tests using sales of pens and pencils.

Counties???  and 13% for every single one?
I guess it might be possible. Considering some folks probably do use alcohol to self treat pain from various sources, physical as well as mental. Some would likely switch to MJ as it was legalized. I wouldn't have ventured a guess at a number though. I guess that's where a study becomes useful.
I actually believe that many of human kind are always on a quest to change their consciousness. How they do it is variable. Some do it with exercise. Others religious or political fervor or meditation, or drugs, or alcohol, or MJ or any number of ways. Some people like to go to support groups. (Fight club?) Now that MJ is legal it broadens the choices. And I support it. I think alcohol is much more damaging.
(12-16-2017, 02:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I guess it might be possible. Considering some folks probably do use alcohol to self treat pain from various sources, physical as well as mental. Some would likely switch to MJ as it was legalized. I wouldn't have ventured a guess at a number though. I guess that's where a study becomes useful.

Yeah if you can believe the study. I just can't imagine out of all the states that have medical Marijuana.. I think 29? and they say it's 13% in 13 states?
That just seems odd. Is that an average?
(12-16-2017, 03:04 PM)Juniper Wrote: I actually believe that  many of human kind are always on a quest to change their consciousness.  How they do it is variable. Some do it with exercise.  Others religious or political fervor or meditation, or drugs, or alcohol, or MJ or any number of ways. Some people like to go to support groups. (Fight club?)  Now that MJ is legal it broadens the choices.  And I support it. I think alcohol is much more damaging.

Now that MJ is legal it broadens the choices .
Well the study was about "Medical MJ" so it's not as if everyone has this "choice" anymore that they always have.
Because frankly pot has always been easy to get.

I think alcohol is much more damaging. Like A thousand times more damaging Smiling