Trends
(05-28-2018, 01:00 PM)Juniper Wrote: I think social policing it very trendy.  Looking out for dogs in cars, kids in cars, people parking over lines, who didn't take the shopping cart back to the corral. Pictures of who cut you off in traffic, or reporting on the kids next door, or the crack house next door.  Some of it is very helpful, others are more shaming or sometimes self aggrandizing in nature.

Yep and IMO it still remains to be seen if the good that comes out of all that outweighs the bad.

For instance the person who complained and posted pics of a guy in an apartment complex dumpster.
I thought the complainer was just a bitch and many others thought the same.
Anyway her post needed up being a great help to the man dumpster diving. He ended up getting lots of help, clothes shoes  and was on the front page of the MMT.
That girl WAS a bitch!
(05-28-2018, 05:53 PM)bbqboy Wrote: That girl WAS a bitch!

Indeed she was.  It sometimes feels as if it just depends which way the wind is blowing whether a whiny poster will be yays or nays for their post.  In the case of the dumpster diver, the right person it seems spoke up and advocated for him and that seemed to make a difference.  Then again, it could have just been the air pressure on that day.
(05-28-2018, 07:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Indeed she was.  It sometimes feels as if it just depends which way the wind is blowing whether a whiny poster will be yays or nays for their post.  In the case of the dumpster diver, the right person it seems spoke up and advocated for him and that seemed to make a difference.  Then again, it could have just been the air pressure on that day.

People definitely want to rum with the pac. I have noticed more than once that when I post something and it's contrary to what everyone else had been saying.
That it just kills the thread. Suddenly there are no more comments.
(05-29-2018, 01:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:

People definitely want to rum with the pac. I have noticed more than once that when I post something and it's contrary to what everyone else had been saying.

You must be very intimidating..   Big Grin
(05-29-2018, 02:35 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

LOL It's not just me. I've seen other posts do the same. People just follow and agree with each other and when along comes someone with an alternate view that might more sense than all the previous ones.... They choke.

My biggest proof that people are mindless lemmings is that relatively all of a sudden so many people think they need to hide the license plate on a car they are selling.

It's just part of the nature of FB.  Unlike discussion boards, people seem adverse to actual debate and discussion.
Also, TV seems to have a bit of a "Rep" on FB which I find amusing.
(05-29-2018, 05:15 PM)Juniper Wrote: Also, TV seems to have a bit of  a "Rep" on FB which I find amusing.

Yeah well people say things I think are ignorant and although I should let it slide I usually don't. Cool

Like melody what's her face. There was a van from a rental company that had a a cartoonist looking scary guy chasing a well endowed( big tits) girl or lady.
And written on the van it said "we come here for your daughters".
I was told that if I had a daughter and I thought it was funny then I'm a pervert. Rolling Eyes
(05-29-2018, 05:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:

It's just part of the nature of FB.  Unlike discussion boards, people seem adverse to actual debate and discussion.
OR using the internet to find an answer to a question.
(05-29-2018, 07:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 07:01 PM)Juniper Wrote: Indeed she was.  It sometimes feels as if it just depends which way the wind is blowing whether a whiny poster will be yays or nays for their post.  In the case of the dumpster diver, the right person it seems spoke up and advocated for him and that seemed to make a difference.  Then again, it could have just been the air pressure on that day.

Or as Don Pardo would say,the question to an answer
(05-29-2018, 11:14 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 01:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:     People definitely want to rum with the pac. I have noticed more than once that when I post something and it's contrary to what everyone else had been saying.

Or as Don Pardo would say,the question to an answer

A guy on FB posted to ask if anyone knows if Bimart is selling locking gas caps.

I said yes. Bimart knows.
Then in typical FB style he was told locking gas caps are no good because anyone can just pop them off with a screw driver.
Which is not true.
Then a lady said she went to buy one at an auto parts store and the employees told her it wasn't worth buying one because it's too easy to remove them.

Sure that's fucking brilliant don't buy a 10 or 20 dollar locking cap because some thief MIGHT have the tools time and ability to remove it Rolling Eyes Blink Blink
(05-28-2018, 07:01 PM)Juniper Wrote: Indeed she was.  It sometimes feels as if it just depends which way the wind is blowing whether a whiny poster will be yays or nays for their post.  In the case of the dumpster diver, the right person it seems spoke up and advocated for him and that seemed to make a difference.  Then again, it could have just been the air pressure on that day.

Correct. Although there is another whole component of folks who if you ask a question will tell  you to go Google it.  Well, duh!  I like to hear what people have to say/offer/comment or I wouldn't have asked.
(05-29-2018, 07:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 05:15 PM)Juniper Wrote: Also, TV seems to have a bit of  a "Rep" on FB which I find amusing.

Yeah well people say things I think are ignorant and although I should let it slide I usually don't. Cool

Like melody what's her face. There was a van from a rental company that had a a cartoonist looking scary guy chasing a well endowed( big tits) girl or lady.
I was told that if I had a daughter and I thought it was funny then I'm a pervert. Rolling Eyes

Melody what's her face is a whiny little victim.
What's cool about this place is it's only the 10 or so of us. We can say whatever we want about anyone really and no one will even know! Big Grin Big Grin
(05-30-2018, 04:40 PM)Juniper Wrote: What's cool about this place is it's only the 10 or so of us. We can say whatever we want about anyone really and no one will even know! Big Grin Big Grin

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(05-30-2018, 04:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 01:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:     People definitely want to rum with the pac. I have noticed more than once that when I post something and it's contrary to what everyone else had been saying.

Correct. Although there is another whole component of folks who if you ask a question will tell  you to go Google it.  Well, duh!  I like to hear what people have to say/offer/comment or I wouldn't have asked.
I get that. But people ask questions like is a certain store open? How much does the dump cost? Well fucking call them or look at their website Razz
(05-30-2018, 04:40 PM)Juniper Wrote: What's cool about this place is it's only the 10 or so of us. We can say whatever we want about anyone really and no one will even know!  Big Grin Big Grin
I get it LOL
But that was supposed to be true even when there were a LOT of people here. I still maintain that what made these forums work back in the day was the fact that we were anonymous.
So we could say whatever the fuck we wanted.

Wonky could never get that concept Razz  Now some people say what they want on FB but most keep it reined in more that this place.... used to be.
(05-30-2018, 04:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 07:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Melody what's her face is a whiny little victim.

(05-30-2018, 05:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 04:40 PM)Juniper Wrote: What's cool about this place is it's only the 10 or so of us. We can say whatever we want about anyone really and no one will even know!  Big Grin Big Grin
I get it LOL
But that was supposed to be true even when there were a LOT of people here. I still maintain that what made these forums work back in the day was the fact that we were anonymous.
So we could say whatever the fuck we wanted.

Wonky could never get that concept Razz  Now some people say what they want on FB but most keep it reined in more that this place.... used to be.

I think Wonky got the concept ok. He just didn't like that people would be so inconsiderate to others to say some things.