culty
I have to say this. I have people in my family who are VERY religious and have raised their kids the same.

One of the kids, an adult now with kids of her own. Can't seem to utter one sentence without a god bless or we are so blessed or a lot of there references to the almighty.

It's frightening to me. It seems almost like this person depends on non reality and that she is close to losing it.
It's so VERY VERY much like a cult it freaks me out.
(12-18-2017, 04:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have to say this. I have people in my family who are VERY religious and have raised their kids the same.

One of the kids, an adult now with kids of her own. Can't seem to utter one sentence without a god bless or we are so blessed or a lot of there references to the almighty.

It's frightening to me. It seems almost like this person depends on non reality and that she is close to losing it.

Well, if she lets go she WILL lose it.
The most truly devout people that I've ever known did not run around saying "praise God" and "Thank Jesus" every time something good happened. I've always felt that the people that DID do that were trying to convince themselves of something and/or trying to demonstrate righteousness to others. In other words, I found them insincere.
(12-18-2017, 04:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have to say this. I have people in my family who are VERY religious and have raised their kids the same.

It is none of my business, but I do wonder what they are trying to hide?

Some of the most extremely devout people I know, had some real issues.