Tax cut day
(07-31-2018, 09:54 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Congressional auditors say about 30 million people — 21 percent of U.S. taxpayers — will have to come up with more money to pay their 2018 taxes next year because their employers withheld too little from their paychecks under government tables keyed to the new tax law.

New tax withholding tables for employers were put together by the government early this year. About 30 million workers received pay that was “under-withheld” — making their paychecks bigger this year but bringing a larger bill at tax time next spring, according to the Government Accountability Office’s report.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/07/31...thholding/

The work of a con man.

He's fixing that for the 0.1% though, he's going to cut THEIR taxes. Again.
(07-31-2018, 11:05 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
Quote:Congressional auditors say about 30 million people — 21 percent of U.S. taxpayers — will have to come up with more money to pay their 2018 taxes next year because their employers withheld too little from their paychecks under government tables keyed to the new tax law.

New tax withholding tables for employers were put together by the government early this year. About 30 million workers received pay that was “under-withheld” — making their paychecks bigger this year but bringing a larger bill at tax time next spring, according to the Government Accountability Office’s report.

The work of a con man.

He's fixing that for the 0.1% though, he's going to cut THEIR taxes. Again.

One of his Tweets today. At least he admits who the tax cut was REALLY for.

1. [Image: kUuht00m_bigger.jpg]Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 20h20 hours ago

....them richer. Their network is highly overrated, I have beaten them at every turn. They want to protect their companies outside the U.S. from being taxed, I’m for America First & the American Worker - a puppet for no one. Two nice guys with bad ideas. Make America Great Again!

2. [Image: kUuht00m_bigger.jpg]Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 21h21 hours ago

The globalist Koch Brothers, who have become a total joke in real Republican circles, are against Strong Borders and Powerful Trade. I never sought their support because I don’t need their money or bad ideas. They love my Tax & Regulation Cuts, Judicial picks & more. I made.....

The work of a con man.
 Since when did employers decide to withhold money from employees pay checks? I always decided that myself.
Some times I had them withhold nothing for a while.
(08-01-2018, 01:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Since when did employers decide to withhold money from employees pay checks? I always decided that myself.

They don't. If the employee didn't change their W-4 the employer would withhold the same as the prior year. Anyone who believes anything this lying POS says deserves to be duped.
(08-01-2018, 02:20 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 01:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Since when did employers decide to withhold money from employees pay checks? I always decided that myself.

They don't. If the employee didn't change their W-4 the employer would withhold the same as the prior year. Anyone who believes anything this lying POS says deserves to be duped.

Well that makes sense. But as far as being duped by the lying POS Trump didn't dupe anyone. it was the IRS  withholding tables, worksheets and instructions that were wrong from the IRS.

And how did they get duped? They made more money any way you look at it right?

And it doesn't say how much these 21% on average will have to pay. How do I know it's not 20 bucks?
(08-01-2018, 04:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well that makes sense. But as far as being duped by the lying POS Trump didn't dupe anyone. it was the IRS  withholding tables, worksheets and instructions that were wrong from the IRS.

And it doesn't say how much these 21% on average will have to pay. How do I know it's not 20 bucks?

Seems to me, if by not changing your W-4 and you will owe more this year, you're not getting a tax break. Equals you believed a liar and were duped to me.

You put down your filing status and number of dependence, The employer then uses a tax table to calculate your withholding.
When the new tax law went into effect, the government issued new tax tables, but they didn't get the table right and people will end up paying.
(I always have more taken out to avoid this. The state of Oregon was good at underestimating on state taxes.)

The only way your employer would not take out taxes, is if you claimed 10 dependents.
(08-01-2018, 04:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 04:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Seems to me, if by not changing your W-4 and you will owe more this year, you're not getting a tax break. Equals you believed a liar and were duped to me.
   The only way you would be correct is if they made  $10 more on each check because of the tax cut.
Then at the end of the year you owed that same amount. That's not what the article says

Just because you owe taxes at the end of the year that doesn't mean you didn't earn more money.

Maybe it's me but I don't think they have spelled this out very well. Smiling
It's more like you got $20 more each pay check after the break, but you have to pay $10 of it back.
(08-01-2018, 09:41 PM)chuck white Wrote: It's more like you got $20 more each pay check after the break, but you have to pay $10 of it back.

That what I think. Therefore it that's true you did get a tax break and trump didn't dupe anyone... this time Wink
(08-01-2018, 09:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 09:41 PM)chuck white Wrote: It's more like you got $20 more each pay check after the break, but you have to pay $10 of it back.

That what I think. Therefore it that's true you did get a tax break and trump didn't dupe anyone... this time Wink

Except he tried to make it look bigger then it was.

Like when Obama offered cash for clunkers. you ended up paying income tax on it.
(08-01-2018, 11:15 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 09:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Except he tried to make it look bigger then it was.
 But I don't think Trump had anything to do with the IRS issuing incorrect withholding tables, worksheets and instructions.