Tax cut day
(12-26-2017, 03:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 0e03e6a5ea7230f6952fe83ba83be86c.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Coward
Coward? What a typical and also useless statement.
(12-26-2017, 11:40 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(12-26-2017, 03:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 0e03e6a5ea7230f6952fe83ba83be86c.jpg]

Coward

I said I would avoid conversing with you, and I shall.  This post is a good reason why.  It is a declarative statement that comes with a closed mind.  There is no debate here.  There is no room for conversation.  There is only you, on a island, hating others who aren't in lockstep.  I do feel sorry for those like you, and I pray that someday you can come to a table, any table, and reach across to discuss ideas.

I hope you had a very good Christmas, and I hope you have a Happy New Year.
(12-27-2017, 08:22 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Coward? What a typical and also useless statement.

I can understand SFLiberals response.  See mine to Scrapper, as an explanation to what I think he saw in the meme.  Have a Happy New Year.
(12-27-2017, 09:16 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Coward

I said I would avoid conversing with you, and I shall.  This post is a good reason why.  It is a declarative statement that comes with a closed mind.  There is no debate here.  There is no room for conversation.  There is only you, on a island, hating others who aren't in lockstep.  I do feel sorry for those like you, and I pray that someday you can come to a table, any table, and reach across to discuss ideas.

Please forgive Scrapper on this, Someone's Dad.  After all it's been ages since we've had a conservative in here who actually wanted to discuss and debate. So many ages ago it may have been the dark ages. Most of the political 'debate' on here consists of mud-slinging and vituperative accusations....kind of like children whose parents have modeled this behavior before....Hmmmmm Neutral
(12-27-2017, 09:49 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Coward

Please forgive Scrapper on this, Someone's Dad.  After all it's been ages since we've had a conservative in here who actually wanted to discuss and debate. So many ages ago it may have been the dark ages. Most of the political 'debate' on here consists of mud-slinging and vituperative accusations....kind of like children whose parents have modeled this behavior before....Hmmmmm Neutral

Forgiveness is easy, and done.  But I learned long ago to avoid people with whom there is no point in engaging.  She has already engaged in a vile personal attack on me, and I have no desire to waste my time in the future.  I simply replied to her here as a further example as to why she may be treated poorly on here.  Certainly, her posts and reactions play a part in keeping this circle small.

My part on here will be what it has always been. I will probably fade for a time, and look again in the future.

Be well, Juniper, and enjoy a glorious New Year.
(12-27-2017, 10:00 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 09:49 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Coward

Forgiveness is easy, and done.  But I learned long ago to avoid people with whom there is no point in engaging.  She has already engaged in a vile personal attack on me, and I have no desire to waste my time in the future.  I simply replied to her here as a further example as to why she may be treated poorly on here.  Certainly, her posts and reactions play a part in keeping this circle small.

My part on here will be what it has always been. I will probably fade for a time, and look again in the future.

Be well, Juniper, and enjoy a glorious New Year.

Well, you do what you must (sounds wise) and thank you for the kind words and same to  you.  But really even I struggle with 'debate' and 'discussion' with the more conservative posters because they engage in exactly the same behavior you are describing. If I even bother to reply in a political thread, it's with a mental shrugging on of armor because it will be responded to with insults to my character and intelligence as if that's the topic we are discussing.  I'm not saying it's not vice versa but I haven't really seen a civil political discourse on these pages in a very long time.  We could and did quite a bit in the 'Olden Days'.  but I can't remember seeing one recently.
(12-27-2017, 09:19 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 08:22 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Coward? What a typical and also useless statement.

I can understand SFLiberals response.  See mine to Scrapper, as an explanation to what I think he saw in the meme.  Have a Happy New Year.

It wasn't the meme.  She mocked my source (world net daily) as a legitimate news source pertaining to all the bonuses and such companies are giving to employees as a result of this tax cut deal.  I challenged her to dispute any of the facts presented by WND as being factually false.  I even promised her that I would delete my account and leave RVF if any of the information was not factual, as long as she agreed to leave if the WND reporting was all truthful.  Instead she chose to just post another of her retarded memes instead of taking up the challenge.  For that I called her a coward.  She has no conviction. No balls to back up her claims.  She would rather hide behind her memes and make baseless claims.
Seriously... have you seen SD post a single thing calling out SFLib, H/arry, Tornado, the Pig?!?! I haven't. You know why? Because it's fine and dandy as long as it fits his agenda. Hypocrite... much?!?!

(12-27-2017, 10:31 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Seriously... have you seen SD post a single thing calling out SFLib, H/arry, Tornado,  the Pig?!?!  I haven't.  You know why?  Because it's fine and dandy as long as it fits his agenda. Hypocrite... much?!?!

To be fair I don't think it's a matter of "calling someone out".  He tries to have discussions with people.  But when he politely asked you discuss and explain something to him, you came back swinging and and slinging at him for no reason other than that he asked  you to clarify something.
(12-27-2017, 10:48 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 10:31 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Seriously... have you seen SD post a single thing calling out SFLib, H/arry, Tornado,  the Pig?!?!  I haven't.  You know why?  Because it's fine and dandy as long as it fits his agenda. Hypocrite... much?!?!

To be fair I don't think it's a matter of "calling someone out".  He tries to have discussions with people.  But when he politely asked you discuss and explain something to him, you came back swinging and and slinging at him for no reason other than that he asked  you to clarify something.

You can not have a "discussion" with someone that supports #45.  Period.
(12-27-2017, 10:52 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 10:48 AM)Juniper Wrote:

You can not have a "discussion" with someone that supports #45.  Period.

Laughing Laughing Laughing  And that's the problem right there!

OK, I'm stepping back from channeling Wonky.
Open your damn eyes!  Use your friggin brain!
The GOP and #45 are bamboozling you!
It is most definitely NOT what they want you to think it is!

https://twocents.lifehacker.com/the-basi...1821583174
[Image: e96e31682cf7b2370219ebc5b06cf0f2.jpg]

World Net Daily is not a valid source of news whether those figures are correct or not. Absurdity abounds.
MAGA

Quote:Jan 3rd 2018

Southwest and American Airlines separately announced on Tuesday that they would be rewarding their employees with a $1,000 bonus as a result of the passage of the GOP tax bill.

Both Southwest and American Airlines announced bonuses for their employees on Tuesday in response to the passage of the GOP tax bill. Southwest announced that all employees who were with the company as of December 31, 2017, will receive a $1,000 bonus on January 8, 2018. The American Airlines bonuses will total approximately $130 million.
(01-03-2018, 11:27 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: MAGA

Quote:Jan 3rd 2018

Southwest and American Airlines separately announced on Tuesday that they would be rewarding their employees with a $1,000 bonus as a result of the passage of the GOP tax bill.

Both Southwest and American Airlines announced bonuses for their employees on Tuesday in response to the passage of the GOP tax bill. Southwest announced that all employees who were with the company as of December 31, 2017, will receive a $1,000 bonus on January 8, 2018. The American Airlines bonuses will total approximately $130 million.

That's called an "end of year" bonus.  Many people have been getting "end of year" bonuses for years and years and years.  Has zero to do with the fucking moron.  

Most won't see an extra dime.  Oh yeah... and other people are getting their walking papers.
AT&T stated they would be giving "$1,000 bonuses for more than 200,000 U.S. employees in response to the GOP Tax Plan"... and then laid off "600 employees in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio" right before Christmas.

It's all just bullshit... for show.
The standard deduction doubles to $12,000 but the personal exemption goes away. It typically is $4,000. So you reduce your taxable income by about 15%. State and income taxes are capped at $10,000. If does not change SS or Medicare contributions. The AMT is gone.
If you own jets and golf cores you win. The worst of all is Carried Interest is still allowed, Trump promised to get rid of it.

The individual tax rate is temporary and now tied to a chained CPI index so when they expire your taxes will go up. Also no loop holes seemed to have been touched. I think you can still form a intentionally defective trust for example.
It is expected to blow a $1.5 T hole in the budget.
Ryan is talking about cutting Medicare, Medicaid and SS. Medicaid will impact seniors. If you are a senior and on Medicare the Medicaid side picks up asst' care and drug costs among many things including the Medicare deductible. Food stamps and possibly the CHIP program may be cut.
Hope this helps. If you can start a Sub Chapter S Corp as it is taxed at 21%. My S corp typically pays less.
I had faintly hoped for some real (actual) tax reform. But when I heard of their planned schedule for passing their bill and then the shenanigans they were resorting to to corral votes, I knew we were never going to get it from this circus.

I'm disappointed they didn't even try. I'm not sure why.