What a country eh?
It doesn't seem to matter what it is. If I want it and I'm patient it will eventually come and I will get it for a GREAT deal.
I need a travel Trailer to live in while I remodel or have my house remodeled. I've been looking every day for months.
When i found an ad for this RV for 2500 bucks. A 29 ft 2003 Arctic Fox
It turns out it was damaged when the spare tire came loose from under the truck towing the trailer. It has a bent axle. The back stairs were ripped off and some damage from a guard rail.
Big deal axles are cheap. The inside is nearly perfect and so far everything but the Microwave works. and it has two tip outs.

[Image: 2e3vrpd.jpg]

[Image: 16h845v.jpg]
Happy for you!
(12-19-2017, 07:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: Happy for you!

Thanks Smiling Don't you wish there was just a LIKE button LOL
(12-19-2017, 08:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:

YES.
Looks perfect for your purpose. I bet it leaks though so it's life would probably be much reduced.  But who cares, at that price it's just about a throw away item.   Smiling
(12-19-2017, 07:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: It doesn't seem to matter what it is. If I want it and I'm patient it will eventually come and I will get it for a GREAT deal.
I need a travel Trailer to live in while I remodel or have my house remodeled. I've been looking every day for months.
It turns out it was damaged when the spare tire came loose from under the truck towing the trailer. It has a bent axle. The back stairs were ripped off and some damage from a guard rail.
Big deal axles are cheap. The inside is nearly perfect and so far everything but the Microwave works. and it has two tip outs.

Nice, I have always been the same way, patience on purchases always pays off.
(12-19-2017, 08:40 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Looks perfect for your purpose. I bet it leaks though so it's life would probably be much reduced.  But who cares, at that price it's just about a throw away item.   Smiling

It's never had a leak and doesn't leak nowSmiling It has a rubber roof like most all the newer ones. That's good to have but eventually it will shrink and repairs are very costly.

And as far as "my purpose" I do intend on replacing the axle and the back steps. And then it should be perfectly road worthy.
Even then I will make a big profit when I sell it Big Grin Big Grin  Plus i just made a thousand from a van I bought and sold.
(12-19-2017, 08:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 08:40 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Looks perfect for your purpose. I bet it leaks though so it's life would probably be much reduced.  But who cares, at that price it's just about a throw away item.   Smiling

It's never had a leak and doesn't leak nowSmiling It has a rubber roof like most all the newer ones. That's good to have but eventually it will shrink and repairs are very costly.

And as far as "my purpose" I do intend on replacing the axle and the back steps. And then it should be perfectly road worthy.
Even then I will make a big profit when I sell it Big Grin Big Grin  Plus i just made a thousand from a van I bought and sold.

That's good. But, of course it leaks. Maybe not from the top but the siding is torn open. Still can be fixed but won't it always have a salvage license?
(12-19-2017, 08:41 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 07:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: It doesn't seem to matter what it is. If I want it and I'm patient it will eventually come and I will get it for a GREAT deal.

Nice, I have always been the same way, patience on purchases always pays off.
 Well patience plus determination. I found the ad for this 11 minutes after it was posted and when I called, sure enough someone beat me to it and had an appointment to see it.
This is what the owner told me and I bribed him with a hundo to let me see it first Razz Laughing Laughing
So I guess I lied. I paid $2600.

You don't need a new axle, just stick to bumpy roads.  Razz
(12-19-2017, 08:59 PM)GPnative Wrote:

You don't need a new axle, just stick to bumpy roads.  Razz
Actually from my truck looking back I could not tell anything was wrong.But I never went over 40 MPH. I don't have the telescoping mirrors.
But some good Samaritan pulled me over to tell me there was something wrong with a wheel LOL
Maybe not many realize it but travel trailers are going for a shit ton of money.I don't know why.
We assumed we would have to pay at least $7500 to get something decent.

All you have to do is do a search on Craigslist RV's with a maximum of 7500 and you would see what I mean
(12-19-2017, 09:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe not many realize it but travel trailers are going for a shit ton of money.I don't know why.

All you have to do is do a search on Craigslist RV's with a maximum of 7500 and you would see what I mean

I was actually aware of that due to my dads temporary purchase of one and he had the same difficulty you had acquiring one, then he sold 8 months later for more money and people were lining up to see it, sold it to the first caller. That was my dad, my step dad sold his hunk of junk last year for more than you paid for yours, you scored, but you already know that!  Big Grin
(12-19-2017, 09:14 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 09:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe not many realize it but travel trailers are going for a shit ton of money.I don't know why.

I was actually aware of that due to my dads temporary purchase of one and he had the same difficulty you had acquiring one, then he sold 8 months later for more money and people were lining up to see it, sold it to the first caller. That was my dad, my step dad sold his hunk of junk last year for more than you paid for yours, you scored, but you already know that!  Big Grin
Yeah so you know. This is a retirement area and I guess more and more people are looking to live in an RV.
I bet you get your money back, at the other end of remodeling.
(12-19-2017, 09:31 PM)chuck white Wrote: I bet you get your money back, at the other end of remodeling.

Not sure what you mean. I think I could sell it just like I bought it for 4 or 5 grand.

Yes. Will a thumbs up work?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(12-19-2017, 10:41 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Yes.  Will a thumbs up work?  

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Yup LOL
(12-19-2017, 10:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 09:31 PM)chuck white Wrote: I bet you get your money back, at the other end of remodeling.

Not sure what you mean. I think I could sell it just like I bought it for 4 or 5 grand.

Well, there you go, your money back and then some.