New laws for 2018
(01-02-2018, 06:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 07:32 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:29 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 07:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: There were quite a lot of people on a Facebook page bitching and crying alligator tears because of the $13.00 increase in the  state’s vehicle registration fee.

Ever notice how people feed of of each other on FB and not really think for themselves?

I posted that I had zero problem paying a lousy 13 bucks a year. And that with more and more fuel efficient cars, hybrids or electric cars.
That obviously the state is not getting as much tax revenue as the past and that they had to do something.
And funny how after that for the most part no one else was complaining.

Funny though, I haven't seen any complaining...must be seeing different stuff than you.
It was West Medford. You know the same FB site where dozens of people actually believed the power company was ripping them off.
And that it was not just the record cold weather.
I never saw those on my feed. Not that I feel I  missed anything. Big Grin

You posted on that thread Laughing Laughing

Here are several different people's comments.

Holy smokes! We just received our power bill. $431. Absolutely insane. Given it was a crazy cold month, but still ridiculous. I unplug things when not in use. Turn off wall heaters and close doors in unused rooms. Have blinds and curtains.

This is the highest I've had in my life. Every light is energy saver. Our house has new windows and insulation. I feel like we're getting f'd. It's pay your power or you can't live. It's half our rent.

Pacific power is known to screw people

Mine was ridiculously expensive this month also! I have no idea why. We live in a small apartment that stays warm, and we have never had a bill this high!

Power is something most people can't live without. Alternative energy isn't an option when you rent. I feel like low income families are being taken advantage of. This is BS. I'm furious

Same here.. It's either pay your power bill and get evicted cause you can't pay rent or skip out on groceries for the month.. It's bullshit,, that we have to pay such outrageous prices for something that is 100% a needed necessity if you don't have power at your house can't live there, if you have kids you can't be Homeless.. You shouldn't have to choose between pain your power bill over any other important bills I'm furious about to finally paid off for $550 bill to get slapped with another $300 bill pretty sure I'll be getting another bill here in the next week or so that's probably another couple hundred in here we are back up to 500 absolutely bullshit

For us, last month was over 300 bucks. I cant hardly wait to see what they gouge us this month

If Pacific Power want to help people they would lower the rates. They are just your typical Corporation jacking the price up penny by penny hoping nobody will notice. Making their bank accounts get bigger and bigger. They could care less if there's 25,000 people within the city freezing.

Now I know that probably happens to least four maybe five thousand people with in Medford every month. And I bet less than half of those people question it and just pay the bill or they're on auto-pay and it's just deducted from their account. Now think about that for a second...........a few thousand people possibly many more over pay every month.......how much money you think the power company gains by doing that??? If 4,000 people overpay an average of $100 + the little fees that go up as your bill goes up the power company gains $500,000 that month. Which comes to $6,000,000 a year. There's no way that meter was read wrong that many times every month. I'm quite sure the power company does it on purpose because they know probably less than a few hundred are going to question it.

From talking to several people and posts like this on FB, this big spike in power usage/prices sounds like it's hitting a lot of people that have no business getting a bill this high.

Is this something that the city council could investigate, or should someone contact a local news outlet about it?

Our power bill last month was $108. Not bragging, just stating a fact. I'd love to know what those folks set their t-stats to. If its over 70, then no sympathy.
(01-02-2018, 06:32 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:29 PM)Juniper Wrote: Funny though, I haven't seen any complaining...must be seeing different stuff than you.
It was West Medford. You know the same FB site where dozens of people actually believed the power company was ripping them off.

I meant the registration thread....I never saw any posts about that recently. Maybe months ago.
(01-02-2018, 07:05 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: It was West Medford. You know the same FB site where dozens of people actually believed the power company was ripping them off.

I meant the registration thread....I never saw any posts about that recently. Maybe months ago.
Yeah It was last February, I said record cold and figured you remembered all those people complaining. And I don't even know what a registration thread is LOL.
(01-01-2018, 08:29 PM)Juniper Wrote: Funny though, I haven't seen any complaining...must be seeing different stuff than you.

Holy smokes! We just received our power bill. $431. Absolutely insane. Given it was a crazy cold month, but still ridiculous. I unplug things when not in use. Turn off wall heaters and close doors in unused rooms. Have blinds and curtains.

This is the highest I've had in my life. Every light is energy saver. Our house has new windows and insulation. I feel like we're getting f'd. It's pay your power or you can't live. It's half our rent.

Mine was ridiculously expensive this month also! I have no idea why. We live in a small apartment that stays warm, and we have never had a bill this high!

Power is something most people can't live without. Alternative energy isn't an option when you rent. I feel like low income families are being taken advantage of. This is BS. I'm furious

Same here.. It's either pay your power bill and get evicted cause you can't pay rent or skip out on groceries for the month.. It's bullshit,, that we have to pay such outrageous prices for something that is 100% a needed necessity if you don't have power at your house can't live there, if you have kids you can't be Homeless.. You shouldn't have to choose between pain your power bill over any other important bills I'm furious about to finally paid off for $550 bill to get slapped with another $300 bill pretty sure I'll be getting another bill here in the next week or so that's probably another couple hundred in here we are back up to 500 absolutely bullshit

For us, last month was over 300 bucks. I cant hardly wait to see what they gouge us this month

If Pacific Power want to help people they would lower the rates. They are just your typical Corporation jacking the price up penny by penny hoping nobody will notice. Making their bank accounts get bigger and bigger. They could care less if there's 25,000 people within the city freezing.

Now I know that probably happens to least four maybe five thousand people with in Medford every month. And I bet less than half of those people question it and just pay the bill or they're on auto-pay and it's just deducted from their account. Now think about that for a second...........a few thousand people possibly many more over pay every month.......how much money you think the power company gains by doing that??? If 4,000 people overpay an average of $100 + the little fees that go up as your bill goes up the power company gains $500,000 that month. Which comes to $6,000,000 a year. There's no way that meter was read wrong that many times every month. I'm quite sure the power company does it on purpose because they know probably less than a few hundred are going to question it.

From talking to several people and posts like this on FB, this big spike in power usage/prices sounds like it's hitting a lot of people that have no business getting a bill this high.

Is this something that the city council could investigate, or should someone contact a local news outlet about it?

Our power bill last month was $108. Not bragging, just stating a fact. I'd love to know what those folks set their t-stats to. If its over 70, then no sympathy.
I think most of them were not making much of an effort to save electricity and didn't realize how important it was during that spell of low temps.
 Until it was too late when they saw their bill.
You have lots of old drafty poorly insulated houses is west Medford. People get used to our normal banana belt winters until we get a taste of what winter is for a lot of people.

Did your power bill include heat? I bet not.
(01-02-2018, 07:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: It was West Medford. You know the same FB site where dozens of people actually believed the power company was ripping them off.

I think most of them were not making much of an effort to save electricity and didn't realize how important it was during that spell of low temps.
 Until it was too late when they saw their bill.
You have lots of old drafty poorly insulated houses is west Medford. People get used to our normal banana belt winters until we get a taste of what winter is for a lot of people.

Did your power bill include heat? I bet not.

T-stat has been set to 66 since the first of November. Really not sure how often it comes on, only may during late night or during day when I'm gone. We have wood heat but Usually only start one around 6pm with no load after 9 pm. and not every night. So, the $108 would include some heat.
(01-02-2018, 08:37 PM)GPnative Wrote: T-stat has been set to 66 since the first of November. Really not sure how often it comes on, only may during late night or during day when I'm gone. We have wood heat but Usually only start one around 6pm with no load after 9 pm. and not every night. So, the $108 would include some heat.

Good for you.Smiling But it's all irrelevant unless you factor in everything.sq ft. The cost for the wood etc.
I have a hot tub and a shop I use a lot. I get lazy and my power bill creeps up.
As far as heat. I have a pellet stove and so far I have spent 125 bucks for heat. And that with either me or my wife being home all the time.

My latest power bill. $207 the last two before that $135 and $130
(01-02-2018, 07:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 07:32 AM)Juniper Wrote: I never saw those on my feed. Not that I feel I  missed anything. Big Grin

Yeah It was last February, I said record cold and figured you remembered all those people complaining. And I don't even know what a registration thread is LOL.

Well, me either since I never saw it! Laughing
(01-02-2018, 09:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 06:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: You posted on that thread Laughing Laughing

I'm totally confused now.. You never saw what?
(01-02-2018, 09:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 07:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: I meant the registration thread....I never saw any posts about that recently. Maybe months ago.

Sounds like my evil plan is working! Big Grin
(01-02-2018, 09:04 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 09:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 07:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: I meant the registration thread....I never saw any posts about that recently. Maybe months ago.

Sounds like my evil plan is working! Big Grin

Apparently LOL

Gotta love FB. There's a guy claiming anyone who smokes pot is a weak minded and immoral loser.
And another guy is putting down anyone on foodstamps . And I think both consider themselves Christians.