It seems like Siberia or the artcic circle
The sun barely comes out around twoish and before I know it's gone again at threeish.
I don't HAVE to have the sun but wholly crapola.
(01-03-2018, 06:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: The sun barely comes out around twoish and before I know it's gone again at threeish.

I remember one winter, years ago, when I swear it was like this for two straight months.
(01-03-2018, 06:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: The sun barely comes out around twoish and before I know it's gone again at threeish.

Count your blessing. Did you see what is about to hit the east coast? Can't say I've ever heard of a weather event called a "Bomb Cyclone" before this.  Unsure
(01-03-2018, 06:34 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I remember one winter, years ago, when I swear it was like this for two straight months.

Was it about 1980? Because If I remember right we had fog day and night for three weeks or so.
It was so think you literally had to stick your head out of the window to see the side of the road just to stay on the road.
(01-03-2018, 06:39 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Count your blessing. Did you see what is about to hit the east coast? Can't say I've ever heard of a weather event called a "Bomb Cyclone" before this.  Unsure
 Yeah that's why I left the midwest. In 1979 there was a recoed breaking storm and cold spell . But yeah there is always something worse somewhere if you want to look at it that way LOL
(01-03-2018, 06:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Was it about 1980? Because If I remember right we had fog day and night for three weeks or so.
It was so think you literally had to stick your head out of the window to see the side of the road just to stay on the road.

It's the river's fault. From the Sexton summit, I often see the fog following the river.
(01-04-2018, 01:00 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 06:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It's the river's fault. From the Sexton summit, I often see the fog following the river.

I'm only a couple miles south from the river. And you can see the Table rocks from my house. When my boys were about 10 and 11 they asked me if they could hike over and climb up table rock.
  I said sure go ahead Razz They came back hours later knowing I pulled a fast on on them because they ran in to a giant river. Laughing
It's been above freezing at night and near 50 each day, so this topic confuses me? Unless you don't live here in the Rogue Valley, this is a very mild winter so far.
(01-04-2018, 06:38 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: It's been above freezing at night and near 50 each day, so this topic confuses me?  Unless you don't live here in the Rogue Valley, this is a very mild winter so far.

Actually it's been below freezing at night several times this year. But yes winters here are always mild relative to other places.
My post was simply a complaint that where I live I barely see the sun.
Right now it's 1:20 pm and the sky is white, no sun. It may not shine today at all.

It just bugs me when I see the suns out and by the time I get outside it's gone. That's all. Just something to blab about.
(01-04-2018, 02:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 06:38 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: It's been above freezing at night and near 50 each day, so this topic confuses me?  Unless you don't live here in the Rogue Valley, this is a very mild winter so far.

Actually it's been below freezing at night several times this year. But yes winters here are always mild relative to other places.
Right now it's 1:20 pm and the sky is white, no sun. It may not shine today at all.

It just bugs me when I see the suns out and by the time I get outside it's gone. That's all. Just something to blab about.

Take a drive to the top of a mountain.

One year it was gloomy for weeks. So, on Saturday morning, I drove up to the top of Sexton. Drove right through the clouds, there was blue sky and sunshine. The world was a giant ocean of clouds. I couls see a few other islands off in the distance.
(01-04-2018, 11:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:

One year it was gloomy for weeks. So, on Saturday morning, I drove up to the top of Sexton. Drove right through the clouds, there was blue sky and sunshine. The world was a giant ocean of clouds. I couls see a few other islands off in the distance.
Yes I should Chuck Big Grin  Back in the 80's when I cut firewood for a living I drove out of the fog and gloom and smog in to the sun shine day after day.
I've split wood with my shirt off in January.
(01-04-2018, 11:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Sure. Drive up to Roxyann and voila! No more fog.  But I don't live up there.