Highway 140 and Kershaw rd.
(01-30-2018, 12:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:35 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:20 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 10:08 AM)Valuesize Wrote: How far is Lakeview from Kershaw?

On January 29th, 2018, at approximately 6:30pm, the Oregon State Police and emergency personnel responded to a two vehicle crash on Highway 140 near milepost 1, at the intersection of Lakeview Drive in Jackson County.

The preliminary investigation has determined that a 1985 white Ford F250 pickup, operated by 23 year old, Devyn J. BALDOVINO, of Eagle Point, was traveling eastbound on Highway 140. A 2006 maroon Scion XB, operated by 29 year old Jordan R. BAILEY, also traveling eastbound on Highway 140, had slowed to turn left (north) onto Lakeview Drive. BALDOVINO, failed to recognized this and the Ford F250 impacted the rear-ended of the Scion, at near highway speeds.

The 7 year old rear passenger of the Scion suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced deceased at the scene. The driver of Scion and two other passengers (2 and 14 years old) were transported to Rogue River Medical Center to receive treatment for injuries. BALDOVINO was uninjured.

The eastbound lane of Highway 140 was shut down for approximately four hours. OSP was assisted by Jackson County Fire District 3, Jackson County District Attorney's office and the Oregon Department of Transportation. Distracted driving is being investigated as a cause for the crash. 

Downloadable file: truck.jpg

Downloadable file: scion.jpg

Lakeview is about one mile from Kershaw heading west to 62. This was simply a case of the pickup driver not paying attention.
But Already on Facebook people are saying 140 is not safe.. the state needs to do something. or whatever.
Also I read the 7 year old who died was ejected. So I guess nit wearing a seat belt?

There was also a fatal crash On foothills and Corey road probably only a mile form this one. As far as I can tell a car ran off of a perfectly straight section of the road, hit a tree and burned.
And people immediately said Foothills is not safe Rolling Eyes

If I was the one sitting there waiting to turn. I would have been watching the traffic coming from behind like a hawk.
I ALWAYS do. I also flash my brake lights off and on sometimes.

Absolutely, and put the pedal to the metal if there is no IMMEDIATE response. You can at least lessen the impact.

I try to get my wife to use ALL the mirrors, ALL of the time, but I rarely see her glance at them. She thinks it's safer to be always looking ahead.  Rolling Eyes

Yes, thoughts and prayers to all involved. It must be HORRIBLE to lose a child, especially like that.

Yeah if I know I'm turning left from a highway where people routinely are driving at freeway speed. I plan way ahead and try and make sure no one is very close behind me.

I try to get my wife to use ALL the mirrors, ALL of the time, but I rarely see her glance at them. She thinks it's safer to be always looking ahead.

I think the experts recommend looking every 10 seconds or so. I'm just about always glancing at my mirrors and I have avoided accidents because of that.

Yup, I watch my mirrors as much as I watch in front of me. I've never had an accident and have avoided many due to alert, defensive driving.
Posted by GPnative
Yup, I watch my mirrors as much as I watch in front of me. I've never had an accident and have avoided many due to alert, defensive driving.

Where's the fun in that LOL I've been in six accidents I can think of off the top of my head Razz

I've been rear ended four times, T-boned once and I rear ended someone else once.
(01-30-2018, 03:18 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 12:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:35 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:20 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 10:08 AM)Valuesize Wrote: How far is Lakeview from Kershaw?

On January 29th, 2018, at approximately 6:30pm, the Oregon State Police and emergency personnel responded to a two vehicle crash on Highway 140 near milepost 1, at the intersection of Lakeview Drive in Jackson County.

The preliminary investigation has determined that a 1985 white Ford F250 pickup, operated by 23 year old, Devyn J. BALDOVINO, of Eagle Point, was traveling eastbound on Highway 140. A 2006 maroon Scion XB, operated by 29 year old Jordan R. BAILEY, also traveling eastbound on Highway 140, had slowed to turn left (north) onto Lakeview Drive. BALDOVINO, failed to recognized this and the Ford F250 impacted the rear-ended of the Scion, at near highway speeds.

The 7 year old rear passenger of the Scion suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced deceased at the scene. The driver of Scion and two other passengers (2 and 14 years old) were transported to Rogue River Medical Center to receive treatment for injuries. BALDOVINO was uninjured.

The eastbound lane of Highway 140 was shut down for approximately four hours. OSP was assisted by Jackson County Fire District 3, Jackson County District Attorney's office and the Oregon Department of Transportation. Distracted driving is being investigated as a cause for the crash. 

Downloadable file: truck.jpg

Downloadable file: scion.jpg

Lakeview is about one mile from Kershaw heading west to 62. This was simply a case of the pickup driver not paying attention.
But Already on Facebook people are saying 140 is not safe.. the state needs to do something. or whatever.
Also I read the 7 year old who died was ejected. So I guess nit wearing a seat belt?

There was also a fatal crash On foothills and Corey road probably only a mile form this one. As far as I can tell a car ran off of a perfectly straight section of the road, hit a tree and burned.
And people immediately said Foothills is not safe Rolling Eyes

If I was the one sitting there waiting to turn. I would have been watching the traffic coming from behind like a hawk.
I ALWAYS do. I also flash my brake lights off and on sometimes.

Absolutely, and put the pedal to the metal if there is no IMMEDIATE response. You can at least lessen the impact.

I try to get my wife to use ALL the mirrors, ALL of the time, but I rarely see her glance at them. She thinks it's safer to be always looking ahead.  Rolling Eyes

Yes, thoughts and prayers to all involved. It must be HORRIBLE to lose a child, especially like that.

Yeah if I know I'm turning left from a highway where people routinely are driving at freeway speed. I plan way ahead and try and make sure no one is very close behind me.

I try to get my wife to use ALL the mirrors, ALL of the time, but I rarely see her glance at them. She thinks it's safer to be always looking ahead.

I think the experts recommend looking every 10 seconds or so. I'm just about always glancing at my mirrors and I have avoided accidents because of that.

I was rear ended on South Stage road. I was stopped and the guy behind me hit me about 40 mph.  I looked up and saw him but had no time to react.
Reminds me of the guy who rear ended a proctologist on the freeway, wrecked him.