Moss
This seems to be a bad moss year. Moss doesn't bother me, except on the roof and I noticed our roof is starting to grow a crop on the shady side. I bought some of the moss b ware product today and am going to apply it on the roof tomorrow. Anyone use this product before, and was it effective??
I don't remember exactly what I used, it was a previous house many years ago. I remember it was a hose on application. It seemed to work OK but it isn't permanent.

If your moss is more than just beginning be prepared to clean your gutters in the near future after applying.
(01-06-2018, 07:36 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I don't remember exactly what I used, it was a previous house many years ago. I remember it was a hose on application. It seemed to work OK but it isn't permanent.

If your moss is more than just beginning be prepared to clean your gutters in the near future after applying.

I saw a hose on kind but this kind was on sale And application seems easy enough. I would say its just beginning, no huge clumps yet. From Now on I plan to treat regularly for preventative measures. Am also going to look into the zinc strips for preventative.
(01-06-2018, 07:52 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 07:36 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I don't remember exactly what I used, it was a previous house many years ago. I remember it was a hose on application. It seemed to work OK but it isn't permanent.

I saw a hose on kind but this kind was on sale And application seems easy enough. I would say its just beginning, no huge clumps yet. From Now on I plan to treat regularly for preventative measures. Am also going to look into the zinc strips for preventative.
Good Idea with the zink. Copper works too.
(01-06-2018, 10:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 07:52 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Good Idea with the zink. Copper works too.

I heard stringing some copper wire back and forth across the roof, stops the moss. (uncoated copper wire)
Well it is applied, quick and easy, now I just need rain to rinse it down the roof from the ridge line. Fingers crossed we get the rain currently in the forecast. I guess I should know if its effective in a few weeks.
If anyone is interested the moss-b-ware treatment worked better than expected! I did end up putting on a second application, I don't know if it was necessary, but I had some left over and figured what the heck might as well use it up. Within a few weeks it all turned brown. I went up on the roof today and in no time half filled a bucket with the biggest dead clumps, once dead it peels right off the shingle.
This treatment will become preventative maintenance every fall now.
(02-11-2018, 01:17 PM)GPnative Wrote: If anyone is interested the moss-b-ware treatment worked better than expected! I did end up putting on a second application, I don't know if it was necessary, but I had some left over and figured what the heck might as well use it up. Within a few weeks it all turned brown. I went up on the roof today and in no time half filled a bucket with the biggest dead clumps, once dead it peels right off the shingle.
This treatment will become preventative maintenance every fall now.

Good to know but shingles the side of my house that grow moss will be been covered with metal roofing like the other half I already did LOL
when I get a roundtoit. This summer.

I've noticed that there seems to be more moss growing around my place than ever before.I have pavers instead of concrete and some of them are covered with moss.
Does this mean that you're a 'Moss murderer'?