Pot Farming
I think it's about time we had a pot farming thread.
With the return of the sun, I'm preparing for next year's crop.

I always grow from clones, seeds are ? ,ya never know what sex you'll get.
Back in the 80's, I grew from seeds.
Does anybody grow from seeds?

My soil is always a mix of what ever. compost, chicken manure, steer manure, potting soil etc.
Is there any thought  on the soil?

I also grow in the ground, not bags or pots.
What do people think about the bag grows?
(01-07-2018, 12:28 PM)chuck white Wrote: I think it's about time we had a pot farming thread.
With the return of the sun, I'm preparing for next year's crop.

I always grow from clones, seeds are ? ,ya never know what sex you'll get.
Back in the 80's, I grew from seeds.
Does anybody grow from seeds?

My soil is always a mix of what ever. compost, chicken manure, steer manure, potting soil etc.
Is there any thought  on the soil?

I also grow in the ground, not bags or pots.

You can buy feminized marijuana seeds so you know you get females but they are expensive. Like 69 bucks for 5 seeds or 100 for 10.
It's not worth is as far as I'm concerned.

Or what some people do is just plant several seeds indoors  and then determine the sex of the plants after they get about 2 months old( I think). By shortening the days with less artificial light forcing them to flower or to show they are males..
Then you can put the females back to the vegetative state by lengthening the days.
Again not something I would bother to do.

I prefer it. I use 200 gallon bags on pallets. Then I can move them if I have to. Plus I like the fact that I can water them and know that they are not wet but moist.
I buy my soil, it's about 65 a yard. Doing so insures that I have nice loamy soil the roots can penetrate with ease that won't ever pack.
Also gophers can't get at my plants with the pallets.

[Image: pot%209%2014%202017_zpsllzqlki1.jpg]
As long as the thread is about weed. Why would the federal government go against states rights?

Why would they be against medical MJ when polls show 64% of Americans believe MJ should be legal?

What kind of a stubborn backwards government wants to keep MJ classified as a schedule one controlled substance when that the same classification as heroin?

Do these people totally lack common sense?
(01-08-2018, 02:52 PM)tvguy Wrote: As long as the thread is about weed. Why would the federal government go against states rights?

Why would they be against medical MJ when polls show 64% of Americans believe MJ should be legal?

What kind of a stubborn backwards government wants to keep MJ classified as a schedule one controlled substance when that the same classification as heroin?

They won't be happy until Monsanto has GMO pot, with a patent.
I can see it now, round up ready pot.

I wonder if they tried that with wine grapes?
  Laughing

Actually, they would be smart to use pot genes for producing pest control.

I never had any problems with bugs on my pot plant.

Well, once I found a pill bug under one of my seedlings, One leaflet had a few bites out of it. Not sure if the bug was dead or just to stoned to move.

Spidermites is the only bug I've seen, but that strictly an indoor issue.
(01-08-2018, 02:52 PM)tvguy Wrote: As long as the thread is about weed. Why would the federal government go against states rights?

Whenever something is screwed up, or doesn't make sense or seems just effed up, look closely and it's always $$ at the bottom of it. Probably the pharmaceutical lobbies.  That's my guess. It's a case of money is the root of all evil. More and more powerful MJ lobbyist need to get their agenda across to the legislature.  Then THEIR money will be at the bottom of it all. Big Grin
(01-08-2018, 07:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Whenever something is screwed up, or doesn't make sense or seems just effed up, look closely and it's always $$ at the bottom of it. Probably the pharmaceutical lobbies.  That's my guess. It's a case of money is the root of all evil. More and more powerful MJ lobbyist need to get their agenda across to the legislature.  Then THEIR money will be at the bottom of it all. Big Grin

They need to get the federal law changed before anything else can be done. I have always thought ignoring the law was not the right way to go.
(01-08-2018, 07:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

They need to get the federal law changed before anything else can be done. I have always thought ignoring the law was not the right way to go.

It's not ignoring the law, it's just not the states responsibility. The Feds have to foot the bill to enforce their own laws. It's just not worth it to them.

I agree with your idea about money being behind many things that don't make sense. But not "always" like you said.
I don't buy the popular rumor that what everyone loves to call Big pharma is why pot stays a schedule one drug.
I don't believe for a second that Big pharma is actually worried that pot is such a great medicine that they are afraid to compete.

I think people like sessions are just old school and don't care about the truth about MJ's affects. To them it's simply a drug for weak immoral losers. LOL. I used those words because those were the actual words used by a religious guy who was like minded like sessions or Chris Christie.
More thought on the bag grow.
The clones don't grow roots like a seed plant does.
I've still been farming the old way with a deep hole.
Do the bags leak, or do they hold water. I would be afraid of root rot in a bag that didn't leak.
Quote:I think people like sessions are just old school and don't care about the truth about MJ's affects. To them it's simply a drug for weak immoral losers. LOL.

[Image: Jeff-Sessions-Gimme-a-Break-min-678x381.jpg]
(01-09-2018, 08:49 PM)chuck white Wrote: More thought on the bag grow.
The clones don't grow roots like a seed plant does.
I've still  been farming the old way with a deep hole.
Do the bags leak, or do they hold water. I would be afraid of root rot in a bag that didn't leak.

No the clones don't have the same root system as a plant grown from seed. But unless you are trying for a monster size plant I don't see any reason to plant with seeds.
It's expensive to buy feminized seeds and a hassle to grow and separate the females out later.

The bags do leak as they should. They are porous and breath so oxygen can reach the roots.
I think a lot of guys who plant in the ground OVER water their plants. With my plants in the cloths pots I water until the water leaks out the bottom and then I stop. Even on very hot days I don't water more than once every three days. This is normally about 10 gallons per plant and that's in 200 gallon pots.
Also I believe bugs are a bigger problem when you plant in the ground. At least I know for sure my neighbor who plants in the ground has russet mites or spider mites every year and I don't.
And our plants are only about 100 feet apart.
Also if you fertilize too much, maybe too much nitrogen or whatever. You are supposed to Flush your plants. I think you can do this a whole lot better with your plant in a pot than in the ground.
Or like at the end of the year a couple weeks before you harvest they say to flush you plants.
(01-09-2018, 08:56 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:I think people like sessions are just old school and don't care about the truth about MJ's affects. To them it's simply a drug for weak immoral losers. LOL.

I actually somewhat agree with this mental midget. I see lots of people on FB who have all of these claims that heroin addicts will smoke weed instead of using heroin.
I know some quit heroin or legal opiates and do use the weed to help them. I just don't think it's so many people  that Big Pharma has to worry about losing business LOL.

The "it's not a healthy substance" just because MJ has a higher THC content is pure bullshit.
(01-10-2018, 12:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I actually somewhat agree with this mental midget. I see lots of people on FB who have all of these claims that heroin addicts will smoke weed instead of using heroin.
I know some quit heroin or legal opiates and do use the weed to help them. I just don't think it's so many people  that Big Pharma has to worry about losing business LOL.

The "it's not a healthy substance" just because MJ has a higher THC content is pure bullshit.

I know I had some killer seedless pot in the 70's. I bet it was just as strong as todays
(01-10-2018, 06:15 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I know I had some killer seedless pot in the 70's. I bet it was just as strong as todays

Do you remember when Thai stick was popular? What the hell was that shit anyway? I remember it looked like this in the late 70's in So. Cal.

[Image: thai-stick.jpg]
(01-10-2018, 07:54 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Do you remember when Thai stick was popular? What the hell was that shit anyway? I remember it looked like this in the late 70's in So. Cal.

It was dipped in opium.
So we were told.

It's like some how, in 40 years of underground farming, we were able to breed better plants then 1000's of years of cultivation.
Where do they think the word 'Indica' comes from?
Laughing Laughing
Quote:A Kansas lawmaker thinks marijuana should be illegal because he said black people are genetically unable to handle its effects.

State Rep. Steve Alford ® spoke out on Saturday against legalizing pot using the type of racist “logic” commonly heard when “Reefer Madness” was considered a serious documentary.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ste...1a4b18a12b

Kansas really ?? Laughing Laughing
(01-10-2018, 08:48 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 07:54 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 12:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: I actually somewhat agree with this mental midget. I see lots of people on FB who have all of these claims that heroin addicts will smoke weed instead of using heroin.

It was dipped in opium.
So we were told.

It's like some how, in 40 years of underground farming, we were able to breed better plants then 1000's of years of cultivation.
Where do they think the word 'Indica' comes from?
You know It's only relatively recently that world trade is what it is today. How do you know what kind of pot plants were being grown 500 or 1000 years ago?
Just because Americans were used to crappy Mexican weed in the 70's doesn't mean the rest of the world didn't have people cultivating high quality weed
And don't forget about hash, it is even stronger than our best bud and it's been around for centuries. When I was in Germany you couldn't even find bud or leaf. It was all hashish. At one dollar a gram in small quantities and if you bout a pound ( 1000 grams) You could get is for as low as 260 bucks a pound. I bought and sold it to other GI's LOL
Red Lebanese, Blond Lebanese, Black Afghanistan etc.