Conveniance
My wife hurt her knee and wasn't able to get around too well. So we found out you can order your groceries online at Fred Meyer and pay 5 bucks for the convenience.
Actually the first three times are free.You drive to the store and call them and they bring your order to your car.
Anyway her knee got better and we still use this feature. It seems like every time we go they substitute something on our list that they don't have for something else. And when they do that it's often a bigger or more expensive item than what we ordered.
But they don't charge you more. Once we ordered a turkey that was $6.32. They were out so they gave us a $39.00 honeysuckle white hickory smoked turkey for the same price.
So we still use this convenience Big Grin You're welcome and yes I have stock in the company Razz
Last time I checked this convenience service was only available at the Medford store, I think Medford made the cut as one of the pilot markets to launch in. Unless it has changed in the past 2 months or so, The GP FM did not yet have this feature, If they did, we'd use it for sure.
(01-10-2018, 11:53 AM)tvguy Wrote: My wife hurt her knee and wasn't able to get around too well. So we found out you can order your groceries online at Fred Meyer and pay 5 bucks for the convenience.
Actually the first three times are free.You drive to the store and call them and they bring your order to your car.
Anyway her knee got better and we still use this feature. It seems like every time we go they substitute something on our list that they don't have for something else. And when they do that it's often a bigger or more expensive item than what we ordered.
But they don't charge you more. Once we ordered a turkey that was $6.32. They were out so they gave us a $39.00 honeysuckle white hickory smoked turkey for the same price.
So we still use this convenience Big Grin You're welcome and yes I have stock in the company Razz

I'd pay the extra $5 for a $39 turkey at $6.32
(01-10-2018, 03:51 PM)GPnative Wrote: Last time I checked this convenience service was only available at the Medford store, I think Medford made the cut as one of the pilot markets to launch in. Unless it has changed in the past 2 months or so, The GP FM did not yet have this feature, If they did, we'd use it for sure.

I suppose their idea is that they will get more business. So assuming they do I would imagine all the stores will eventually do this.
For me the "time is money saying" is true. Although I do have plenty of time since I'm retired LOL.
(01-10-2018, 11:53 AM)tvguy Wrote: My wife hurt her knee and wasn't able to get around too well. So we found out you can order your groceries online at Fred Meyer and pay 5 bucks for the convenience.

Yes. Good tip!
(01-11-2018, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 03:51 PM)GPnative Wrote: Last time I checked this convenience service was only available at the Medford store, I think Medford made the cut as one of the pilot markets to launch in. Unless it has changed in the past 2 months or so, The GP FM did not yet have this feature, If they did, we'd use it for sure.

I suppose their idea is that they will get more business. So assuming they do I would imagine all the stores will eventually do this.
For me the "time is money saying" is true. Although I do have plenty of time since I'm retired LOL.

I've heard Walmart has this service also. Not sure about here in Southern Oregon.
The South store just got completely remodeled so I think they must have it there too. I'll find out tomorrow.
We have the shopping service at Fred Meyer, but not at Wal-Mart... in my town. I haven't tried the service yet. I've been down with a bug, so this may be a good time to give it a go.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Every time I give Wal*Mart a try I get pissed at the help's attitudes and lack of caring and end up going somewhere else.
WAl-Mart? ewww.
(01-12-2018, 02:17 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: WAl-Mart? ewww.

Yeah, I don't go there often.  Maybe 3 times a year if that.
I noticed this weekend that work at the store is well under way to launch the online click list shopping service at the GP Fred Meyer Smiling Smiling
(09-17-2018, 12:28 PM)GPnative Wrote: I noticed this weekend that work at the store is well under way to launch the online  click list shopping service at the GP Fred Meyer Smiling Smiling

We still do the online shopping at FM. They sold us a bag of bad oranges. She complained 
So they sent her a 10 dollar good customer credit plus 3.50 credit for oranges and they waived the 500 pick up charge
(09-17-2018, 01:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 12:28 PM)GPnative Wrote: I noticed this weekend that work at the store is well under way to launch the online  click list shopping service at the GP Fred Meyer Smiling Smiling

We still do the online shopping at FM. They sold us a bag of bad oranges. She complained 
So they sent her a 10 dollar good customer credit plus 3.50 credit for oranges and they waived the 500 pick up charge

I think the scrolling through the items might drive me insane.
(01-12-2018, 08:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 02:17 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: WAl-Mart? ewww.

Yeah, I don't go there often.  Maybe 3 times a year if that.

So, true confession, since moving, I'm close to Wallyworld and have gone there a few times.  But they suck.
(09-17-2018, 08:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 01:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I think the scrolling through the items might drive me insane.

Have you done this? I wondered about that and for the first time I looked to see how it works.
And while there are things I would rather do one of them is not pushing a cart with one bad wheel around a store full of dolty people and sticky kids Razz   Or waiting in line. Or pushing the cart out to my car and loading it all up
My wife keeps her checkout items list open and adds to as she notices things we need. Also you can find what's on sale and get coupons that without this click list you probably wouldn't have other wise
I use my local FM shopping service quite often. So far, I've not had a single issue come up.

As for scrolling through the items? I always have a list hanging on the fridge of items we need or want. I sit down with my list, type in each item, add it. Easy peasy!

I’m a wandering the aisles guy. Ordering groceries online would be counterproductive for me. Besides, shopping is cheap entertainment.
Smiling
(09-18-2018, 08:01 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I’m a wandering the aisles guy. Ordering groceries online would be counterproductive for me. Besides, shopping is cheap entertainment.
Smiling

And a good place to meet womens Razz
(09-18-2018, 07:59 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I use my local FM shopping service quite often. So far, I've not had a single issue come up.

As for scrolling through the items? I always have a list hanging on the fridge of items we need or want. I sit down with my list, type in each item, add it. Easy peasy!

Sure, if I always got the same items.