Conveniance
(09-28-2018, 01:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 01:09 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, now, they are accepting some new kinds of plastic bottles, but not in the can, you have to take them in yourself.  Their reasoning is that it can't be co mingled and pick up drivers can't see what's in the can.  Which is why some other kind of pick up might be nice to have. Like the old boxes that you just set the stuff into. https://roguedisposal.com/resources/educ...full-story

Even if RD had their truck drivers stop and get out to pick up a box they still won't know if the plastic bottles are the right type.
I think RD is simply offering us the option to take these to the recycle center because that's the only way they can recycle that stuff without them losing money.
They stopped making the truck drivers get out of and pick up the red container long ago. Doing that would add a LOT of time to their route so I don't think that will ever happen again.

I don't think it will either.
(09-28-2018, 01:27 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 01:09 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, now, they are accepting some new kinds of plastic bottles, but not in the can, you have to take them in yourself.  Their reasoning is that it can't be co mingled and pick up drivers can't see what's in the can.  Which is why some other kind of pick up might be nice to have. Like the old boxes that you just set the stuff into. https://roguedisposal.com/resources/educ...full-story

Even if RD had their truck drivers stop and get out to pick up a box they still won't know if the plastic bottles are the right type.
I think RD is simply offering us the option to take these to the recycle center because that's the only way they can recycle that stuff without them losing money.
They stopped making the truck drivers get out of and pick up the red container long ago. Doing that would add a LOT of time to their route so I don't think that will ever happen again.

Have you looked to see how many of your plastic containers you can take to the tranfer station?
I was curious so I looked.. Ketchup, BBQ sauce, coffee mate, Picanta sauce.. are all # 1 or 2 are all recyclable

But the big jug of Arizona ice tea... nope
(09-28-2018, 01:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 01:27 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Have you looked to see how many of your plastic containers you can take to the tranfer station?
I was curious so I looked.. Ketchup, BBQ sauce, coffee mate, Picanta sauce.. are all # 1 or 2 are all recyclable

But the big jug of Arizona ice tea... nope
No?  
Interesting.  I should though.