Lets be real
I do miss the dynamic, heated debates. To be truthful it was lots of fun and I often learned things I didn't know. In fact I've changed my point of view on different things due to conversations I've had on this and old page.
(02-14-2018, 06:57 PM)Juniper Wrote: I do miss the dynamic, heated debates. To be truthful it was lots of fun and I often learned things I didn't know. In fact I've changed my point of view on different things due to conversations I've had on this and old page.

Yep.
Yeah, no real debate on FB pages. Either you agree or are ridiculed or banned.
Most of the pages I'm on are more focused on stuff like Peter or Phil.
That's about the height of controversy.
(02-15-2018, 12:42 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Yeah, no real debate on FB pages. Either you agree or are ridiculed or banned.

So let's start our own southern Oregon facebook page and not kick people off.
(02-15-2018, 01:52 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 12:42 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Yeah, no real debate on FB pages. Either you agree or are ridiculed or banned.

So let's start our own southern Oregon facebook page and not kick people off.

Go for it.

It's really amazing how Neanderthal the WARS page has become. I don't post there anymore in general, but I do look from time to time.  They kicked everyone off except the flatheaded plonks and cretins.  FB won the battle but lost the war when it comes to online discussion.
(02-15-2018, 06:40 PM)Juniper Wrote:

It's really amazing how Neanderthal the WARS page has become. I don't post there anymore in general, but I do look from time to time.  They kicked everyone off except the flatheaded plonks and cretins.  FB won the battle but lost the war when it comes to online discussion.
  If it worse than it was I'm glad I don't bother with that place. I was kicked off but I imagine not forever. But forever works for me. Smiling
(02-15-2018, 07:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 06:40 PM)Juniper Wrote:

If it worse than it was I'm glad I don't bother with that place. I was kicked off but I imagine not forever. But forever works for me. Smiling
And one of our own here, administrates that page...I can't understand why he doesn't want to enrich the gene pool.
Speaking of FB and arguing.

There was a post about how Rogue disposal has changed what they allow in your recycle can.
Actually not a lot but some items will now have to go to the landfill.
I pointed out that in THIS valley that's not a huge problem. That even in the worst case scenario it will take 100 years to fill the landfill we use.
You would have thought I said we should kill children Razz

Someone tell me where this went off the rails LOL

[/url]ME....... It's not that much of a problem around here because our landfill is expected to last for a hundred years

That's fine for us, but what about our children and grandchildren? I don't want to think I've left a mess for them!

who cares if It last 400! When we’re gone, other people have to deal with problems we left them.

ME..... Deal with it? There's no problem dealing with it. Our landfill has a liner so the ground water is not contaminated. The trapped methane gasses are used to generate electricity.

I left my message 13 hours ago, it took you that long to come up with that pitiful response.
You are a sad, sad man!
I don’t care what the landfill has, I don’t care how long it’ll last..  Apparently you don’t give a shit about your family that’ll follow you.
Some people are trying, maybe you could get off your ass and try.
I doubt it, you’re just one who doesn’t care[Image: 1f622.png]

Me ... I wonder what makes you so hostile? And so what if I responded to you the next day? I don't spend every waking moment on FB.
For your information I am an environmentalist. I would love it if we had no landfills at all.
But I'm also a realist. At this point we need them. And the one we have takes up a tiny minuscule fraction of our land. Plus it's being handled the best possible way.

Take a chill pill for Pete's sake.

"Some people are trying, maybe you could get off your ass and try"

Me....OK explain what you want me to do? What are YOU doing other than flapping your gums? LOL

You have no idea what I do to try and save the planet, if you care get off your ass and help me get styrofoam deleted from use.
Stop Patronizing anyplace that uses it.
You already said you don’t care, because our landfill will last 100

You stop crying about something you can’t get off your fat ass face.

Me...I'm not fat OR crying. You are the one crying because suddenly there are a few items we can't recycle.
I was just explaining why that's not a crisis here in our Valley.
You think that's a reason to call me fat or lazy and assume I don't care about our planet. And you know NOTHING about me.

Styrofoam, baby diapers, plastic. It’s disgusting every where. When you said it’s okay, I have a problem with that. It’s up to all us to help.
You said “I sit on my ass, flapping my gums”
I don’t, I try to help.

yes you are a cry baby.

Me....You must be some child with your mommies smart phone.Or you are simply one VERY immature adult with a chip on your shoulder.

And yes it would be great if we used less plastic and Styrofoam I haven't said otherwise.

You are an ass. I can act like I’m third grade as well. I hate to but I can. You are the biggest ass I’ve ran into in Medford you are an ass!
Why call me names? Because I don’t fit into your stereotype? Great job being so mature yourself [Image: 1f602.png]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/WestMedfordResidents/permalink/1789725937739193/?comment_id=1790942217617565&reply_comment_id=1792001737511613&notif_id=1518741712437240&notif_t=group_comment_mention&ref=notif#] 

Me...There's something wrong with you. You were the one who Immediately got hostile for no apparent reason. You gave me crap because I didn't respond to you until the next day???

And You started the name calling.
Good grief read the thread.And realize that anyone who cares can also will see who the one here is that's just being as ass.
In order to recycle via garbage collection you need someone that wants to buy that material. No buyer, no recycling. It's as simple as that. If you can't sell it, it goes into the landfill.
(02-15-2018, 08:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote: In order to recycle via garbage collection you need someone that wants to buy that material. No buyer, no recycling. It's as simple as that. If you can't sell it, it goes into the landfill.

Yes it is that simple. And I don't see why I'm evil because I don't consider this to be a huge crisis here in the Valley.
(02-15-2018, 07:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Speaking of FB and arguing.

There was a post about how Rogue disposal has changed what they allow in your recycle can.
I pointed out that in THIS valley that's not a huge problem. That even in the worst case scenario it will take 100 years to fill the landfill we use.

[/url]ME....... It's not that much of a problem around here because our landfill is expected to last for a hundred years

That's fine for us, but what about our children and grandchildren? I don't want to think I've left a mess for them!

who cares if It last 400! When we’re gone, other people have to deal with problems we left them.

ME..... Deal with it? There's no problem dealing with it. Our landfill has a liner so the ground water is not contaminated. The trapped methane gasses are used to generate electricity.

I left my message 13 hours ago, it took you that long to come up with that pitiful response.
You are a sad, sad man!
I don’t care what the landfill has, I don’t care how long it’ll last..  Apparently you don’t give a shit about your family that’ll follow you.

Me ... I wonder what makes you so hostile? And so what if I responded to you the next day? I don't spend every waking moment on FB.
For your information I am an environmentalist. I would love it if we had no landfills at all.
But I'm also a realist. At this point we need them. And the one we have takes up a tiny minuscule fraction of our land. Plus it's being handled the best possible way.

Me....OK explain what you want me to do? What are YOU doing other than flapping your gums? LOL

You have no idea what I do to try and save the planet, if you care get off your ass and help me get styrofoam deleted from use.

Me...I'm not fat OR crying. You are the one crying because suddenly there are a few items we can't recycle.
You think that's a reason to call me fat or lazy and assume I don't care about our planet. And you know NOTHING about me.

Styrofoam, baby diapers, plastic. It’s disgusting every where. When you said it’s okay, I have a problem with that. It’s up to all us to help.
I don’t, I try to help.

yes you are a cry baby.

Me....You must be some child with your mommies smart phone.Or you are simply one VERY immature adult with a chip on your shoulder.

And yes it would be great if we used less plastic and Styrofoam I haven't said otherwise.

You are an ass. I can act like I’m third grade as well. I hate to but I can. You are the biggest ass I’ve ran into in Medford you are an ass!
Why call me names? Because I don’t fit into your stereotype? Great job being so mature yourself [Image: 1f602.png]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/WestMedfordResidents/permalink/1789725937739193/?comment_id=1790942217617565&reply_comment_id=1792001737511613&notif_id=1518741712437240&notif_t=group_comment_mention&ref=notif#] 

Me...There's something wrong with you. You were the one who Immediately got hostile for no apparent reason. You gave me crap because I didn't respond to you until the next day???

Good grief read the thread.And realize that anyone who cares can also will see who the one here is that's just being as ass.

Seems to be fixated on your ass.  Laughing
(02-15-2018, 08:26 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

You are a sad, sad man!

I don’t, I try to help.

yes you are a cry baby.

TV guy seems to have that affect on people. It's really kind of humorous to stand by and watch. Big Grin
Anyway, on the recycling issue...it actually will affect me quite a bit...it eliminates nearly everything I put in the damn can!
(02-15-2018, 08:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 08:26 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

You are a sad, sad man!

I don’t, I try to help.

yes you are a cry baby.

TV guy seems to have that affect on people. It's really kind of humorous to stand by and watch. Big Grin
I know I do sometimes and that's because I sometime a smart ass or maybe usually Razz . But this time? I just don't get it.
(02-15-2018, 08:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyway, on the recycling issue...it actually will affect me quite a bit...it eliminates nearly everything I put in the damn can!

But you must have plenty of room in the  garbage can. Mine is usually only about half full and I have the smaller can.
(02-15-2018, 09:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 08:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyway, on the recycling issue...it actually will affect me quite a bit...it eliminates nearly everything I put in the damn can!

But you must have plenty of room in the  garbage can. Mine is usually only about half full and I have the smaller can.

Yeah, but a lot of my recycling was junk mail. It was the only positive thing I could see about junk mail. Now that we can't recycle it, it has absolutely no redeeming quality.   Laughing
(02-15-2018, 09:38 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Yeah, but a lot of my recycling was junk mail. It was the only positive thing I could see about junk mail. Now that we can't recycle it, it has absolutely no redeeming quality.   Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing We don't get junk mail and whatever we do get my wife throws it away at the PO when she goes to our PO box.
We don't get that much mail. We do everything we can online.

You are a sad, sad man!

I don’t, I try to help.

yes you are a cry baby.

Clearly he/she is full of shit. Anyone who was actually trying to do something about Styrofoam would not say "deleted from use". I would bet cold hard cash TV generates half the amount of garbage as that sanctimonious blow hard.

Depends. Normally  I might only half fill it, but I've been trying to get rid of things to hopefully move and I've been seriously filling it up.  So normally with the old rules I could fill the red can weekly or bi weekly depending...now, it's going to be more difficult I Imagine.  In fact I predict some some issues.