Lets be real
(02-16-2018, 07:33 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 07:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Speaking of FB and arguing.

There was a post about how Rogue disposal has changed what they allow in your recycle can.
Actually not a lot but some items will now have to go to the landfill.
I pointed out that in THIS valley that's not a huge problem. That even in the worst case scenario it will take 100 years to fill the landfill we use.
You would have thought I said we should kill children Razz

Someone tell me where this went off the rails LOL

[/url]ME....... It's not that much of a problem around here because our landfill is expected to last for a hundred years

That's fine for us, but what about our children and grandchildren? I don't want to think I've left a mess for them!

who cares if It last 400! When we’re gone, other people have to deal with problems we left them.

ME..... Deal with it? There's no problem dealing with it. Our landfill has a liner so the ground water is not contaminated. The trapped methane gasses are used to generate electricity.

I left my message 13 hours ago, it took you that long to come up with that pitiful response.
You are a sad, sad man!
I don’t care what the landfill has, I don’t care how long it’ll last..  Apparently you don’t give a shit about your family that’ll follow you.
Some people are trying, maybe you could get off your ass and try.
I doubt it, you’re just one who doesn’t care[Image: 1f622.png]

Me ... I wonder what makes you so hostile? And so what if I responded to you the next day? I don't spend every waking moment on FB.
For your information I am an environmentalist. I would love it if we had no landfills at all.
But I'm also a realist. At this point we need them. And the one we have takes up a tiny minuscule fraction of our land. Plus it's being handled the best possible way.

Take a chill pill for Pete's sake.

"Some people are trying, maybe you could get off your ass and try"

Me....OK explain what you want me to do? What are YOU doing other than flapping your gums? LOL

You have no idea what I do to try and save the planet, if you care get off your ass and help me get styrofoam deleted from use.
Stop Patronizing anyplace that uses it.
You already said you don’t care, because our landfill will last 100

You stop crying about something you can’t get off your fat ass face.

Me...I'm not fat OR crying. You are the one crying because suddenly there are a few items we can't recycle.
I was just explaining why that's not a crisis here in our Valley.
You think that's a reason to call me fat or lazy and assume I don't care about our planet. And you know NOTHING about me.

Styrofoam, baby diapers, plastic. It’s disgusting every where. When you said it’s okay, I have a problem with that. It’s up to all us to help.
You said “I sit on my ass, flapping my gums”
I don’t, I try to help.

yes you are a cry baby.

Me....You must be some child with your mommies smart phone.Or you are simply one VERY immature adult with a chip on your shoulder.

And yes it would be great if we used less plastic and Styrofoam I haven't said otherwise.

You are an ass. I can act like I’m third grade as well. I hate to but I can. You are the biggest ass I’ve ran into in Medford you are an ass!
Why call me names? Because I don’t fit into your stereotype? Great job being so mature yourself [Image: 1f602.png]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/WestMedfordResidents/permalink/1789725937739193/?comment_id=1790942217617565&reply_comment_id=1792001737511613&notif_id=1518741712437240&notif_t=group_comment_mention&ref=notif#] 

Me...There's something wrong with you. You were the one who Immediately got hostile for no apparent reason. You gave me crap because I didn't respond to you until the next day???

And You started the name calling.
Good grief read the thread.And realize that anyone who cares can also will see who the one here is that's just being as ass.

Clearly he/she is full of shit. Anyone who was actually trying to do something about Styrofoam would not say "deleted from use". I would bet cold hard cash TV generates half the amount of garbage as that sanctimonious blow hard.
I've actually used a lot of Styrofoam when I pack items I've sold to ship. But I never pay for it. I find it one way or another and I reuse it. The same goes for my boxes.
The only thing I buy is bubble wrap. Every once in a while I get a giant 2ft x 4ft roll.

I think this lady is one of those kind of nuts that would yell at a stranger for driving a gas guzzler Razz
(02-16-2018, 09:09 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 09:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 08:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyway, on the recycling issue...it actually will affect me quite a bit...it eliminates nearly everything I put in the damn can!

But you must have plenty of room in the  garbage can. Mine is usually only about half full and I have the smaller can.

Depends. Normally  I might only half fill it, but I've been trying to get rid of things to hopefully move and I've been seriously filling it up.  So normally with the old rules I could fill the red can weekly or bi weekly depending...now, it's going to be more difficult I Imagine.  In fact I predict some some issues.
Well I see that the new what is recyclable rules affect people differently.With the old rules my red can is usually pretty full every two weeks.And my trash can about half full.
But since I have a lot of things going on I usually have something other than household trash to fill may can.

Like I said before. I have three dogs. That means every two weeks I have 42 empty dog food cans alone LOL.
(02-16-2018, 12:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 08:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyway, on the recycling issue...it actually will affect me quite a bit...it eliminates nearly everything I put in the damn can!

But you must have plenty of room in the  garbage can. Mine is usually only about half full and I have the smaller can.

Depends. Normally  I might only half fill it, but I've been trying to get rid of things to hopefully move and I've been seriously filling it up.  So normally with the old rules I could fill the red can weekly or bi weekly depending...now, it's going to be more difficult I Imagine.  In fact I predict some some issues.
Well I see that the new what is recyclable rules affect people differently.With the old rules my red can is usually pretty full every two weeks.And my trash can about half full.
But since I have a lot of things going on I usually have something other than household trash to fill may can.

Like I said before. I have three dogs. That means every two weeks I have 42 empty dog food cans alone LOL.

Well, the red can made trash manageable...now I think it's going to be a problem and get too full.
(02-16-2018, 01:19 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Well, the red can made trash manageable...now I think it's going to be a problem and get too full.
How many people live at your house? Maybe you don't smash your trash like I do? It's just two people at my house. My trash is usually only half full each week. So I think it will be more full I don't think it will be a problem.
(02-16-2018, 03:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 09:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:  But you must have plenty of room in the  garbage can. Mine is usually only about half full and I have the smaller can.

How many people live at your house? Maybe you don't smash your trash like I do? It's just two people at my house. My trash is usually only half full each week. So I think it will be more full I don't think it will be a problem.

Right now just two...but if I can fill the red can most of the time in a two week period...it's not hard to imagine that that stuff is going to over fill the black can pretty quick.  Can't really smash it much.
(02-16-2018, 04:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 09:09 AM)Juniper Wrote: Depends. Normally  I might only half fill it, but I've been trying to get rid of things to hopefully move and I've been seriously filling it up.  So normally with the old rules I could fill the red can weekly or bi weekly depending...now, it's going to be more difficult I Imagine.  In fact I predict some some issues.

Right now just two...but if I can fill the red can most of the time in a two week period...it's not hard to imagine that that stuff is going to over fill the black can pretty quick.  Can't really smash it much.

Damn. I can't figure out how people have so much garbage. I see my neighbors with over flowing cans every week. I sometimes only put mine out every other week and it can take me a couple months to fill the red can enough to bother putting it out to the street.   Neutral
(02-16-2018, 06:32 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:55 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well I see that the new what is recyclable rules affect people differently.With the old rules my red can is usually pretty full every two weeks.And my trash can about half full.

Damn. I can't figure out how people have so much garbage. I see my neighbors with over flowing cans every week. I sometimes only put mine out every other week and it can take me a couple months to fill the red can enough to bother putting it out to the street.   Neutral
Well, typically I don't, or didn't have much garbage; last week it was one bag. Yesterday I took my heretofore recycycling crate out to the garbage.  What typically would have gone in the red can will no longer go in.  I found two items to go to into recycling under the new rules.  The rest will have to go into the garbage now. It used to be I even would put in old shampoo or prescription/medication bottles into recycling.   My daughter drinks wine.  Bottles are bulky and big. Sometimes she gets those boxed wines. We also both drink canned drinks like pellegrino waters, She drinks lots of  diet soda, so, the boxes would get flattened and go in recycling...that's a no no now also.  Anything else was like a sour cream tub, an empty box of pasta flattened, stuff like that...I only took the red can out once with this month.  It's just that we don't use any of the things that are now listed on the OK to recycle list. Remember back in the day when the recycling was a red box?  And you could put in wine bottles once a month?
(02-16-2018, 12:55 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well I see that the new what is recyclable rules affect people differently.With the old rules my red can is usually pretty full every two weeks.And my trash can about half full.

My wife complains about it but I smash the trash down in our little kitchen garbage can a few times. Before I take it out to the the Rogue disposal can and then I smash it again.
I see lots of cans overflowing too and it looks like it's mostly air. I try and keep my garbage can clean. We don't throw much away in the way of food. Most of that goes down the garbage disposal AKA toilet LOL.
(02-17-2018, 10:10 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 01:19 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, the red can made trash manageable...now I think it's going to be a problem and get too full.

Well, typically I don't, or didn't have much garbage; last week it was one bag. Yesterday I took my heretofore recycycling crate out to the garbage.  What typically would have gone in the red can will no longer go in.  I found two items to go to into recycling under the new rules.  The rest will have to go into the garbage now. It used to be I even would put in old shampoo or prescription/medication bottles into recycling.   My daughter drinks wine.  Bottles are bulky and big. Sometimes she gets those boxed wines. We also both drink canned drinks like pellegrino waters, She drinks lots of  diet soda, so, the boxes would get flattened and go in recycling...that's a no no now also.  Anything else was like a sour cream tub, an empty box of pasta flattened, stuff like that...I only took the red can out once with this month.  It's just that we don't use any of the things that are now listed on the OK to recycle list. Remember back in the day when the recycling was a red box?  And you could put in wine bottles once a month?
I think you have me convinced that my can will be a lot more full now also Big Grin

Bottles are bulky and big

Not if you break them Wink
(02-17-2018, 02:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 03:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: How many people live at your house? Maybe you don't smash your trash like I do? It's just two people at my house. My trash is usually only half full each week. So I think it will be more full I don't think it will be a problem.

I think you have me convinced that my can will be a lot more full now also Big Grin

Yep, I know.  Now I've got add keeping a hammer next to the trash can outside. Rolling Eyes
(02-17-2018, 03:22 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:42 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think you have me convinced that my can will be a lot more full now also Big Grin

Yep, I know.  Now I've got add keeping a hammer next to the trash can outside. Rolling Eyes

And safety glasses please. Thumbs Up
(02-16-2018, 04:07 PM)Juniper Wrote: Right now just two...but if I can fill the red can most of the time in a two week period...it's not hard to imagine that that stuff is going to over fill the black can pretty quick.  Can't really smash it much.

I've always used a BB gun for florescent tubes. OK so I'm polluting the landfill Sad

Now that I think about it you could put bottles in a paper grocery bag, or even plastic and then hit it with a hammer.
(02-17-2018, 03:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 06:32 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Damn. I can't figure out how people have so much garbage. I see my neighbors with over flowing cans every week. I sometimes only put mine out every other week and it can take me a couple months to fill the red can enough to bother putting it out to the street.   Neutral

I've always used a BB gun for florescent tubes. OK so I'm polluting the landfill Sad

Now that I think about it you could put bottles in a paper grocery bag, or even plastic and then hit it with a hammer.
Another thing to look forward to! Big Grin
(02-17-2018, 05:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 10:10 AM)Juniper Wrote: Well, typically I don't, or didn't have much garbage; last week it was one bag. Yesterday I took my heretofore recycycling crate out to the garbage.  What typically would have gone in the red can will no longer go in.  I found two items to go to into recycling under the new rules.  The rest will have to go into the garbage now. It used to be I even would put in old shampoo or prescription/medication bottles into recycling.   My daughter drinks wine.  Bottles are bulky and big. Sometimes she gets those boxed wines. We also both drink canned drinks like pellegrino waters, She drinks lots of  diet soda, so, the boxes would get flattened and go in recycling...that's a no no now also.  Anything else was like a sour cream tub, an empty box of pasta flattened, stuff like that...I only took the red can out once with this month.  It's just that we don't use any of the things that are now listed on the OK to recycle list. Remember back in the day when the recycling was a red box?  And you could put in wine bottles once a month?

We used to have a trash compacter. I guess that's an answer now for people like you who may not have enough room in the 32 gal can provided.
It's like 10 bucks more for the larger can so the compacter would pay for itself.
And in case you didn't know, they are so powerful they break bottles or jars
(02-17-2018, 05:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: We used to have a trash compacter. I guess that's an answer now for people like you who may not have enough room in the 32 gal can provided.
It's like 10 bucks more for the larger can so the compacter would pay for itself.

And though I haven't used one in maybe 45 years, they were (at least then) so fun to use we kids took turns using it. Wow, that sounds like kind of sad childhood now.  Laughing
(02-17-2018, 05:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:42 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think you have me convinced that my can will be a lot more full now also Big Grin

We used to have a trash compacter. I guess that's an answer now for people like you who may not have enough room in the 32 gal can provided.

A trash compactor? I don't even have a dishwasher!  Big Grin
(02-17-2018, 07:51 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 03:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: Yep, I know.  Now I've got add keeping a hammer next to the trash can outside. Rolling Eyes

I have a size 11 trash compactor.   Razz
(02-17-2018, 07:57 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 03:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: I've always used a BB gun for florescent tubes. OK so I'm polluting the landfill Sad

I don't even know what that means.  I don't even have a coffee maker...I just throw grounds in a pot of boiling water and pour the liquid off after the grounds settle!  I'm as low technology as it gets. Nearly.
(02-17-2018, 08:03 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 05:08 PM)Juniper Wrote: Another thing to look forward to! Big Grin

I don't even know what that means.  I don't even have a coffee maker...I just throw grounds in a pot of boiling water and pour the liquid off after the grounds settle!  I'm as low technology as it gets. Nearly.

That's referred to as ranch coffee in my family. An honorable method still used from time to time.

The size 11 compactor is my work boot.
(02-17-2018, 08:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 08:03 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 05:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: We used to have a trash compacter. I guess that's an answer now for people like you who may not have enough room in the 32 gal can provided.

That's referred to as ranch coffee in my family. An honorable method still used from time to time.

The size 11 compactor is my work boot.

Big Grin  Yeah, I'm sure that's what TV meant when he said he smashes his garbage down....I can't quite figure out how to do that though...