smart meters
Apparently they are evil LOL and they say this..."Our mission is to educate and empower people by providing science"

LOL WHAT " science"? Real science says the EMF from a smart meter is not harmful and has no where near the amount EMF that comes from your cell phone of many other appliances in your own home. And "invasive surveillance"??? Laughing Rolling Eyes Unsure   Because they will know how much power you use?? WTF is wrong with people.

To all of you who might be interested in stopping the smart meters,

we will be having a meeting Saturday February 17 from 10:30-12.
It will be at the Oak Valley Club House on Oak Valley Dr which is between 99 and I-5 at Valley View in Talent. Address is 105 Oak Valley Drive although it is on Christopher St. There are two parking spaces close to the club house for people with limited mobility. Other parking is further down Oak Valley in a 4 space paved area and further down on gravel.
Please watch emfsafetynetwork.org/sta y-informed/watch-take-back-you r-power-film which will discuss the health problems associated with Smart Meters and talk about their invasive surveillance properties which are illegal according to the constitution. It will be good for us to have a common understanding of the problems so won't need to spend much time in that area.
Please also watch https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NtIYFCjUTSo which will outline the way we can stop them and share what has happened in other areas that have used this technique.
Rather than approaching this challenge in fear or anger, I believe we can be in power and these two documentaries will show us how to do it.
Our clubhouse rules are that use is by invitation only, so please invite others you know that may be interested, but posters cannot be put up.
Also, please note that if you are EMF sensitive, our club house is in the yellow zone. If this means you cannot attend, please send someone for you. The more of us that are willing to move ahead, the greater the threat to those in power.
Please call or email if you have questions:

[Image: safe_image.php?d=AQCmLIDDzUet83JG&w=476&...YibU7uClzb]
[/url]
[url=https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Femfsafetynetwork.org%2Fsta&h=ATMcLc8v-UMqF8frizWfyCbu9bQvi3XXfI2wl7G72mU3WSkSfiv8iOUSXQhF0fPFhdJoaDP70zfGEUj6d3vEH2QbWWVQMyccELEUgrYqK6gIsVP-6AMjU2SQzkTXQ9TGce3h0j2zentlToWNwJwE1TfYHeVsOOAtK5iPj2UB8lvrlc8mULku4ucy84Gxq2dUNg0taB_DGTjxKWmmfdPNcrKkmf8-RDtcAesC34_4zAPj_g]Stay Informed – EMF Safety Network

We envision a world free of EMF pollution where children, communities, and nature thrive! Our mission is to educate and empower people by providing science and solutions to reduce EMFs to improve lives, achieve public policy change, and…
emfsafetynetwork.org
Wow...seems like an extreme reaction. I bet only 2 people show up.
Their fears aren't completely unfounded. Algorithms have been developed, and are being improved, that can detect an astounding amount of information about what is in your home and what is going on inside your house. What appliances you are using and what brands they are. Even if they are developing problems and what kind of problems they are. Now they can even detect what programs you are watching on your TV! Amazing.

I've been seeing articles about this for a couple years and the technology keeps progressing. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with what can now be monitored. I'm just not sure how to prevent it. Maybe develop a device that plugs into an outlet that generates massive amounts of harmonic noise?

Here is one article that is not too heavily technical. There's a lot out there for those who are interested.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-1...on-tv.html

and a google search for additional articles. 

https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...11&bih=556
[url=https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=smart+meter+identifying+power+signatures+of&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDis_i56bZAhXCY98KHSOVAkMQBQgkKAA&biw=1011&bih=556][/url]
Ninja
(02-14-2018, 07:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Their fears aren't completely unfounded. Algorithms have been developed, and are being improved, that can detect an astounding amount of information about what is in your home and what is going on inside your house. What appliances you are using and what brands they are. Even if they are developing problems and what kind of problems they are. Now they can even detect what programs you are watching on your TV! Amazing.

I've been seeing articles about this for a couple years and the technology keeps progressing. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with what can now be monitored. I'm just not sure how to prevent it. Maybe develop a device that plugs into an outlet that generates massive amounts of harmonic noise?

Here is one article that is not too heavily technical. There's a lot out there for those who are interested.

[url=https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=smart+meter+identifying+power+signatures+of&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDis_i56bZAhXCY98KHSOVAkMQBQgkKAA&biw=1011&bih=556][/url]
Ninja
I'm not even sure what we are talking about here..."smart meters"?  Or "smart" houses?
(02-14-2018, 07:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 07:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Their fears aren't completely unfounded. Algorithms have been developed, and are being improved, that can detect an astounding amount of information about what is in your home and what is going on inside your house. What appliances you are using and what brands they are. Even if they are developing problems and what kind of problems they are. Now they can even detect what programs you are watching on your TV! Amazing.

Ninja
I'm not even sure what we are talking about here..."smart meters"?  Or "smart" houses?

Smart electric meters. They are scheduled to be installed on all PPL customer services in Oregon in the next year or so. They're starting now in the Willamette Valley.
Smart house is where appliance are connected in the new 'internet of things' or IOT.
During an energy chrunch, where extra kilowatts are needed, your smart meter tells the hot water heater to wait off a bit. or the dryer to go ideal for a few seconds. Adjusting energy loads around the house.

You also have the ability to log onto your house and control items from anywhere in the world, that has internet access. (Sorry DPRK)
All the Bill Meyer loons are on this bandwagon. He whines about it constantly.
He wants to take the Klamath Dams back by force.
Those folks in that subdivision are a bunch of crackpots too. The same ones
complaining about the truck stop reopening.
I'm not a fan of them and I would prefer not to have one installed, but I recognize it's going to happen and since I want power to my house that's just the way it is. The evidence that exposure to EMF is bad for you is a known fact. You know, like the cell phone warnings that come with your phone that everyone ignores. But it's also exposure that you are never going to be free from in this day and age, but I still look for ways to minimize exposure, for example, I turn off our router every night. I have read there is an opt out option for a smart meter, but it will cost you.
I don't know. Almost dying from kidney disease makes being worried about EMF's and other such shit really superfluous and pretty comical.
(02-15-2018, 08:05 AM)GPnative Wrote: I'm not a fan of them and I would prefer not to have one installed, but I recognize it's going to happen and since I want power to my house that's just the way it is. The evidence that exposure to EMF is bad for you is a known fact. You know, like the cell phone warnings that come with your phone that everyone ignores. But it's also exposure that you are never going to be free from in this day and age, but I still look for ways to minimize exposure, for example, I turn off our router every night.  I have read there is an opt out option for a smart meter, but it will cost you.

I think you haven't read a lot about this.

It is also instructive to compare the radiation levels of smart meters with those of other wireless devices. Smart meters only transmit data for roughly 1.4 seconds per day, at very low wattage. And even if one stands less than one meter (3 feet) from a smart meter when it broadcasts its data, the resulting microwave exposure is 550 times less than standing in front of an active microwave oven, and 1100 times less than holding an active cell phone to one’s ear.

The evidence that exposure to EMF is bad for you is a known fact.

Is it? I remember a study done on electrical workers who worked every day in a power house around giant generators.
 The study showed not only showed they were not less healthy than people who didn't work around a lot of EMF... it showed they were more healthy LOL
(02-15-2018, 06:34 AM)bbqboy Wrote: All the Bill Meyer loons are on this bandwagon. He whines about it constantly.

That guy is an assbag.

Ninja
 Their fears aren't completely unfounded.

Who gives a shit if PP&L knows what appliances I'm using or when? And just because could do something like see what TV programs I watch. It's a huge stretch to think they will.
Also I could care less if anyone knows exactly what TV shows I watch.
(02-15-2018, 12:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ninja
 Their fears aren't completely unfounded.

Who gives a shit if PP&L knows what appliances I'm using or when? And just because could do something like see what TV programs I watch. It's a huge stretch to think they will.
Also I could care less if anyone knows exactly what TV shows I watch.

What happens is the TV set uses a slight difference in power with the image on the screen (older TVs for sure). by mapping the power usage on a short term they can determine which television show matches the pattern of useage.
(02-15-2018, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 08:05 AM)GPnative Wrote: I'm not a fan of them and I would prefer not to have one installed, but I recognize it's going to happen and since I want power to my house that's just the way it is. The evidence that exposure to EMF is bad for you is a known fact. You know, like the cell phone warnings that come with your phone that everyone ignores. But it's also exposure that you are never going to be free from in this day and age, but I still look for ways to minimize exposure, for example, I turn off our router every night.  I have read there is an opt out option for a smart meter, but it will cost you.

It is also instructive to compare the radiation levels of smart meters with those of other wireless devices. Smart meters only transmit data for roughly 1.4 seconds per day, at very low wattage. And even if one stands less than one meter (3 feet) from a smart meter when it broadcasts its data, the resulting microwave exposure is 550 times less than standing in front of an active microwave oven, and 1100 times less than holding an active cell phone to one’s ear.

Is it? I remember a study done on electrical workers who worked every day in a power house around giant generators.
 The study showed not only showed they were not less healthy than people who didn't work around a lot of EMF... it showed they were more healthy LOL

Yes, I have read about it which is why I am not pitching a fit about it, I said "i would prefer not to have one installed" but recognize and understand they will be, and that's that.
(02-15-2018, 01:15 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Yes, I have read about it which is why I am not pitching a fit about it, I said "i would prefer not to have one installed" but recognize and understand they will be, and that's that.

I wonder if there is a market for smart meter jamming?
(02-15-2018, 01:55 PM)chuck white Wrote:

My friend back in the 70's used to break open the meters and plug them in opposite so it would run backwards. 
Don't know whether he was BSing or not, but I didn't have reason to doubt him.

OK fine.As an electrician and someone who wants all the data I can possible get to use to lower my electric bill I can't wait to get a smart meter. Big Grin
(02-15-2018, 12:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 06:34 AM)bbqboy Wrote: All the Bill Meyer loons are on this bandwagon. He whines about it constantly.

That guy is an assbag.
Hmmm funny you get your nose all out of joint because I point out you are a stinky pot head . ( true statement I might add) but on someone who's politics( and other things) you don't like here comes the name calling you hypocrite.. Your posts a riddled with your hypocrisy on the name calling.... You are the classic example of what pot does to brain cells as you can't see the absolute stink coming out your backside when you open your mouth... Lol. Its about 4.20, time lose some more brain cells.. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Yes , Costco .The jammers are on the same isle as the tin foil hats.
(02-15-2018, 04:42 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

My friend back in the 70's used to break open the meters and plug them in opposite so it would run backwards. 
Don't know whether he was BSing or not, but I didn't have reason to doubt him.

Some would run backwards and some wouldn't. I think most don't run at all which still means you are cheating.