smart meters
(02-16-2018, 12:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 09:24 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 09:08 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 06:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 05:44 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: Hmmm funny you get your nose all out of joint because I point out you are a stinky pot head . ( true statement I might add)  but on someone who's politics( and other things)  you don't like here comes the name calling you hypocrite.. Your posts a riddled with your hypocrisy on the name calling.... You are the classic example of what pot does to brain cells as you can't see the absolute stink coming out your backside when you open your mouth... Lol. Its about 4.20, time lose some more brain cells.. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
It's funny that you actually think you are making some valid point about pot use or what it does. Admit it you just hate anyone who smokes pot because of your ignorant stereotypes about pot smokers.

I've listened and even spoken to Meyer's I think he is an asshole. So what? That's my opinion LOL I think you are too. It has zero to do with pot.

And everything to do with back woods ignorant opinions. BTW Trump is a colossal asshole. Do you think everyone who says as much is a pot smoker?

Hmmm funny you get your nose all out of joint because I point out you are a stinky pot head

That's funny? You are one fucking weird ass person. Who in the hell would not be upset when you base their whole life or worth based on the fact that I smoke pot?
Actually I don't take you serious enough to get my nose all out of joint. I've talked to hundreds of ignorant bigots full of hatred just like you.
Thin skinned stink weed are you not??   Cheers

Hatred?   I have never said I hate you.  I don't call you foul names as you do with anyone you disagree with. You are the bigot and hater as evidenced in your own words that are posted all over this forum. I speak the truth in plain terms something a thin skinned stinky pot head like you can't handle. Truth, pot stinks, those that use it stink. Truth, a common term for a user is pot head.  Truth your whole life revolves around the growing and using of pot and I would be willing to bet your place looks like the typical grower. ( piggy)    I suppose you are going to tell me it doesn't stink now?? Lol why the name in rogue river?   Lol[Image: 1b55a68ebcb6742866a224e23f382738.jpg]

Truth your whole life revolves around the growing and using of pot

My whole life? LOL sure 30 years as a union electrician and countless drug tests says otherwise.

No ,That's what you want to think. It's no where near the truth. And you have shown this pic before. Why are you so proud of it?
Who said some bud doesn't stink? Some of it does, most does not. The odor from budding pants can be a stench to some and others don't mind it at all.

But you want to claim those who smoke pot stink. That's ridiculous and shows what a myopic hillbilly world you live in.
You do stink.. I've watched people get up a leave in restaurants when the sticky pot heads come in. My wife included as she will not put up with it. Me I kinda enjoy watching the stink weeds and others reactions to them so I am not in a rush to leave... A pig doesn't know it sticks, but everyone else does... Cheers

Union that explains a bunch... Lol good only for the average and sub average.....anyone with motivation,skills etc would never limit ones self to a union.... Most pot heads fit the non motivated part to a tee....
(02-16-2018, 12:47 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 07:36 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: I don't have half the knowledge that you fine folks appear to possess on this subject, but what I found to be a potential issue for me will be the rates.  I read a great deal of comments from California that say their monthly bills doubled or even more after the smart meters went in.  Just food for thought.

That makes zero sense. If anything a smart meter will save people money.

I read a great deal of comments from California that say their monthly bills doubled or even more after the smart meters went in

Well right here in Medford there were at least a couple hundred nitwits who blamed PP&L on the high bills right in the middle of a brutal cold streak.
A LOT of people have zero common sense and a LOT of them make absurd claims. And with social media you will be hearing them.
You will send demand pricing somewhere down the road.  They have to as there is no new power sources coming on line for demand usage.  We don't have enough power now and problem will grow.  ( wind,solar are not demand sources)      the easist way to limit someone is raise the price.... It's coming......   if evey fool switched to electric cars tomorrow our electric grid could not possibly cope....no free ride as they limit coal, gas, hydro production, prices will have to rise and the smart meter will be tied to this.

You fall hook line and sinker for every single far right bullshit extreme view there is.
You are obviously AM radio educated

if evey fool switched to electric cars tomorrow our electric grid could not possibly cope

Well not everyone is getting an electric car tomorrow.But most who own one charge their cars overnight. That's when demand is low.

prices will have to rise and the smart meter will be tied to this.

It's just a meter FFS.
(02-16-2018, 01:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:47 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 07:36 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: I don't have half the knowledge that you fine folks appear to possess on this subject, but what I found to be a potential issue for me will be the rates.  I read a great deal of comments from California that say their monthly bills doubled or even more after the smart meters went in.  Just food for thought.

I read a great deal of comments from California that say their monthly bills doubled or even more after the smart meters went in

Well right here in Medford there were at least a couple hundred nitwits who blamed PP&L on the high bills right in the middle of a brutal cold streak.
A LOT of people have zero common sense and a LOT of them make absurd claims. And with social media you will be hearing them.
You will send demand pricing somewhere down the road.  They have to as there is no new power sources coming on line for demand usage.  We don't have enough power now and problem will grow.  ( wind,solar are not demand sources)      the easist way to limit someone is raise the price.... It's coming......   if evey fool switched to electric cars tomorrow our electric grid could not possibly cope....no free ride as they limit coal, gas, hydro production, prices will have to rise and the smart meter will be tied to this.

You fall hook line and sinker for every single far right bullshit extreme view there is.
You are obviously AM radio educated

if evey fool switched to electric cars tomorrow our electric grid could not possibly cope

Well not everyone is getting an electric car tomorrow.But most who own one charge their cars overnight. That's when demand is low.

prices will have to rise and the smart meter will be tied to this.

It's just a meter FFS.
So you admit I'm correct then, demand prices. Why will this be nessesary? I list why, simple supply and demand as I stated above( not in the words I just used) there is benefits to smart meters as there is negatives...

You are correct as most have been charging overnight. That has changed though and the demand fo fast charging is rising...
(02-16-2018, 01:50 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: So you admit I'm correct then,  demand prices.    Why will this be nessesary?   I list why, simple supply and demand as I stated above( not in the words I just used)   there is benefits to smart meters as there is negatives...

You are correct as most have been charging overnight.  That has changed though and the demand fo   fast charging is rising...

You plainly don't know shit about the current electric system. Go read something.
(02-16-2018, 06:49 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 01:50 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: So you admit I'm correct then,  demand prices.    Why will this be nessesary?   I list why, simple supply and demand as I stated above( not in the words I just used)   there is benefits to smart meters as there is negatives...

You are correct as most have been charging overnight.  That has changed though and the demand fo   fast charging is rising...

You plainly don't know shit about the current electric system. Go read something.
O I do... And where am I wrong.. Is energy use increasing?? Do you know how one must compensate for this?? Hmm?? And no the electric grid could not handle if we went electric car tomorrow. Do you know what it will take as we move more to this?? And less power creation by means of wind and solar which are not on demand power. Hmmm. You dim wit just because you say I don't no what I'm talking about with zero facts makes you look like a very slow dim wit...https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fleetcarma.com/impact-growing-electric-vehicle-adoption-electric-utility-grids/amp/ lol. O look modifying use by.price. apply so common sense you dim wit. Anyone with a understanding of electricity knows demand will rise with the rise of electric cars and hence bring problems with it all solved by what?? Money! And where do you think this money will come from? Any clue?

(02-16-2018, 09:02 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:

O I do... And where am I wrong.. Is energy use increasing??  Do you know how one must compensate for this?? Hmm??   And no the electric grid could not handle if we went electric car tomorrow.  Do you know what it will take as we move more to this??   And less power creation by means of wind and solar which are not on demand power.  Hmmm. You dim wit just because you say I don't no what I'm talking about with zero facts makes you look like a very slow dim wit...https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fleetcarma.com/impact-growing-electric-vehicle-adoption-electric-utility-grids/amp/   lol. O look modifying use by.price.  apply so common sense you dim wit. Anyone with a understanding of electricity knows demand will rise with the rise of electric cars and hence bring problems with it all solved by what??  Money!  And where do you think this money will come from? Any clue?

Sounds like you've been drinking again. What's your point?

There won't be all electric cars all of a sudden tomorrow. Wind and solar are adding power and yes it will be available for peak load soon. And demand pricing has been around for years. So again what's your point?
(02-16-2018, 09:45 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

O I do... And where am I wrong.. Is energy use increasing??  Do you know how one must compensate for this?? Hmm??   And no the electric grid could not handle if we went electric car tomorrow.  Do you know what it will take as we move more to this??   And less power creation by means of wind and solar which are not on demand power.  Hmmm. You dim wit just because you say I don't no what I'm talking about with zero facts makes you look like a very slow dim wit...https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fleetcarma.com/impact-growing-electric-vehicle-adoption-electric-utility-grids/amp/   lol. O look modifying use by.price.  apply so common sense you dim wit. Anyone with a understanding of electricity knows demand will rise with the rise of electric cars and hence bring problems with it all solved by what??  Money!  And where do you think this money will come from? Any clue?

There won't be all electric cars all of a sudden tomorrow. Wind and solar are adding power and yes it will be available for peak load soon. And demand pricing has been around for years. So again what's your point?

The electric products we use are MUCH more energy efficient also.

No it won't.. You dim wit, what big batteries to store?? Lmao. There is the huge problem for wind and solar.. Will be solved? Maybe, but nowhere soon...

(02-16-2018, 09:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

The electric products we use are MUCH more energy efficient also.
Of course they are. Who is saying they are not??? You smoking something?

(02-16-2018, 09:55 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:

No it won't.. You dim wit, what big batteries to store??  Lmao. There is the huge problem for wind and solar.. Will be solved?  Maybe, but nowhere soon...

It's already been done.

As far as rising prices, I guess we will just have to wait and see.
(02-17-2018, 08:58 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:

As far as rising prices, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I don't see any reason your bill should increase because of the meter change out unless your existing meter is reading low. And that's not likely. PPL has already stated to the PUC that they will not be passing the new meter costs to the customers. They figure their savings in meter reading and connect/disconnect labor will cover it.
From KDRV:

Meter Readers may soon be a thing of the past. Pacific Power plans to install smart meters to homes in our area over the next 18 months.

"Pacific Power will install the smart meters for it's customers for free, but if you opt out it will cost you. Customers that don't use the smart meter will be charged a one-time $137 meter exchange fee, and a $36 monthly meter reading fee.

For one year, that's $432 just to have a person read the meter. If you change your mind within six months Pacific Power will install a smart meter, and it will refund the $137.

"All it is, is to make sure that we're passing on the cost associated with that extra personnel for someone opting out onto the customer directly instead of having other rate payers subsidize it," says Christina Kruger, Regional Business Manager of Pacific Power.  "

http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Pacific...57583.html

I would have considered opting out if it was a flat $137 fee, but no way I'd pay a monthly fee. Bring on the smart meter and I will just sleep with an extra layer of tin foil over my head.   Wink Razz
(03-13-2018, 06:08 PM)GPnative Wrote: From KDRV:

Meter Readers may soon be a thing of the past. Pacific Power plans to install smart meters to homes in our area over the next 18 months.

"Pacific Power will install the smart meters for it's customers for free, but if you opt out it will cost you. Customers that don't use the smart meter will be charged a one-time $137 meter exchange fee, and a $36 monthly meter reading fee.

For one year, that's $432 just to have a person read the meter. If you change your mind within six months Pacific Power will install a smart meter, and it will refund the $137.

"All it is, is to make sure that we're passing on the cost associated with that extra personnel for someone opting out onto the customer directly instead of having other rate payers subsidize it," says Christina Kruger, Regional Business Manager of Pacific Power.  "

I would have considered opting out if it was a flat $137 fee, but no way I'd pay a monthly fee. Bring on the smart meter and I will just sleep with an extra layer of tin foil over my head.   Wink Razz

Must be heavy.  Razz

I can't believe an intelligent guy like you would consider opting out. All the talk about this meter gathering info about what you do is total bullshit.
(03-14-2018, 12:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I can't believe an intelligent guy like you would consider opting out. All the talk about this meter gathering info about what you do is total bullshit.
Just wrap the tin foil around the smart meter. Big Grin
(03-14-2018, 12:58 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Just wrap the tin foil around the smart meter. Big Grin

I believe this guy.

” Roger Pilon, director of the Cato Institute’s Center for Constitutional Studies, said to FoxNews.com

“Privacy zealots obsess over something that wouldn’t concern a rational person,  “It’s the kind of mass hysteria we’ve seen in other eras for other issues.”

I don't care about the data gathering, but I do question the long term effects of RF exposure that inundates our bodies these days, which is exactly the reason I turn off our router every night. To err on the side of caution I don't see any harm in limiting exposure. Having said that ( Razz Laughing ) if you live in a neighborhood and opt out, you are still going to get exposure from your neighbors meters which in all likelihood may even be closer in proximity to your main living or bedroom space then your own meter. 
If I lived rural and if it was just a flat fee I would consider opting out, yes, but for practical reasons listed above, Nope, I will have a smart meter like everyone else.
(03-14-2018, 01:46 PM)GPnative Wrote:

I don't care about the data gathering, but I do question the long term effects of RF exposure that inundates our bodies these days, which is exactly the reason I turn off our router every night. To err on the side of caution I don't see any harm in limiting exposure. Having said that ( Razz Laughing ) if you live in a neighborhood and opt out, you are still going to get exposure from your neighbors meters which in all likelihood may even be closer in proximity to your main living or bedroom space then your own meter. 
If I lived rural and if it was just a flat fee I would  consider opting out, yes, but for practical reasons listed above, Nope, I will have a smart meter like everyone else.
 Because I was an electrician I remember when people first started talking about the alleged harm form EMF of RF.
 I also remember a study about the health of electrical workers at generation plants who were around massive amounts of EMF.
It was determined that not only did they not suffer from cancer or any other ailments than the general population.
They were healthier. Surprised
At the same time there were people crying about schools being close to high voltage power lines. And they studies showed they had no more health problems than any other kid.

the amount of RF radiation that someone would be exposed to from a smart meter is probably much lower than the amount that they would be exposed to from other sources.

It would be nearly impossible to conduct a study to prove or disprove a link between living in a house with smart meters and cancer because people have so many sources of exposure to RF and the level of exposure from this source is so small. Because, the amount of RF radiation you could be exposed to from a smart meter is much less than what you could be exposed to from a cell phone, it is very unlikely that living in a house with a smart meter increases risk of cancer.

Because the low levels of energy from RF radiation have not been clearly shown to cause problems even at close range, it isn’t clear that lowering exposure to RF radiation has health benefits.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-cau...eters.html
(03-14-2018, 02:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 01:46 PM)GPnative Wrote:

If I lived rural and if it was just a flat fee I would  consider opting out, yes, but for practical reasons listed above, Nope, I will have a smart meter like everyone else.
 Because I was an electrician I remember when people first started talking about the alleged harm form EMF of RF.
 I also remember a study about the health of electrical workers at generation plants who were around massive amounts of EMF.
It was determined that not only did they not suffer from cancer or any other ailments than the general population.
They were healthier. Surprised
At the same time there were people crying about schools being close to high voltage power lines. And they studies showed they had no more health problems than any other kid.

the amount of RF radiation that someone would be exposed to from a smart meter is probably much lower than the amount that they would be exposed to from other sources.

It would be nearly impossible to conduct a study to prove or disprove a link between living in a house with smart meters and cancer because people have so many sources of exposure to RF and the level of exposure from this source is so small. Because, the amount of RF radiation you could be exposed to from a smart meter is much less than what you could be exposed to from a cell phone, it is very unlikely that living in a house with a smart meter increases risk of cancer.

Because the low levels of energy from RF radiation have not been clearly shown to cause problems even at close range, it isn’t clear that lowering exposure to RF radiation has health benefits.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-cau...eters.html

I don't disagree that's why I'm not losing sleep over it. However, the fact remains it is still considered possibly carcinogenic. I see no harm in limiting exposure, such as turning off a router while you're sleeping. If that lowers my life expectancy cancer risk by 1%, I'll take it.