Another day... another school shooting in America
What ever shall we do?!?!

[Image: e3f89ff0c80ef69a065507f5461be79d.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(02-15-2018, 09:07 PM)Scrapper Wrote: What ever shall we do?!?!

I saw that on FB and my reply was that I think it's silly. Especially the "was the murderer black part".

The first think I hear when there is a mass shooting is "WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING" Remember Wonky and his "we must sit down and have a conversation" Some say we need more gun control. Some say we need better checks on unstable people.

I don't hear anyone giving "thoughts and prayers" as an answer to the problem.
(02-15-2018, 09:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I saw that on FB and my reply was that I think it's silly. Especially the "was the murderer black part".

The first think I hear when there is a mass shooting is "WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING" Remember Wonky and his "we must sit down and have a conversation" Some say we need more gun control. Some say we need better checks on unstable people.

They offer thoughts and prayers... they point fingers at who or what is to blame... but they don't do a damn thing about it.

(02-15-2018, 09:26 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

They offer thoughts and prayers... they point fingers at who or what is to blame... but they don't do a damn thing about it.

What do you expect anyone to do? I'm pretty sure they banned the bump stock rapid fire device the killer in Las Vegas used.
Our Governor just passed legislation so family members can get the guns taken away from a senile or mentally ill person in the family.
Oregon banned selling guns at gun shows without a back ground check. The same is true in many other states.
These things don't equate to "they don't do a damn thing."

I know it's frustrating and I don't have an answer. I don't think there is AN answer.
(02-15-2018, 09:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What do you expect anyone to do? I'm pretty sure they banned the bump stock rapid fire device the killer in Las Vegas used.
Our Governor just passed legislation so family members can get the guns taken away from a senile or mentally ill person in the family.
Oregon banned selling guns at gun shows without a back ground check. The same is true in many other states.

I know it's frustrating and I don't have an answer. I don't think there is AN answer.
You're talking about one state... what about the rest of the United States? What is #45 and our government doing?

There is in common link many refuse to talk about... Meds. He was on them as were most of the other shooters. These meds can have fearsome side affects...... But no the biased media will.never bring that up.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Nope, in regards to the feds. States are starting to do it on their own though.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mas...2682ffa243

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...cce81fc98a
These and the deaths of the other mass shootings at schools and elsewhere are on the hands of people like Larry that don't want ANY laws restricting gun ownership. Any discussion arises and they scream "Incrementalism" so nothing gets done. Just more blood and horror on the hands of these gun nuts.

[Image: bloody_hands_by_strictlydisobedient-d656slh.jpg]
Laws were already broken.... How did that work out? What about the med issue?? I see no mention of that from you. Strange these things tend to happen most in gun free zones.....

(02-16-2018, 09:58 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Nope, in regards to the feds. States are starting to do it on their own though.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mas...2682ffa243

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...cce81fc98a
Yes state governments OK so still one can't really say "THEY" are doing nothing.
(02-15-2018, 10:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

You're talking about one state... what about the rest of the United States? What is #45 and our government doing?

You said "they" don't do a damned thing. I just mentioned what I know about which is mostly this state.
(02-16-2018, 10:18 AM)Valuesize Wrote: These and the deaths of the other mass shootings at schools and elsewhere are on the hands of people like Larry that don't want ANY laws restricting gun ownership. Any discussion arises and they scream "Incrementalism" so nothing gets done. Just more blood and horror on the hands of these gun nuts.

[Image: bloody_hands_by_strictlydisobedient-d656slh.jpg]
What gun law would have prevented this Florida shooting?

You and Scrapper both think something should be done... what?
(02-16-2018, 12:21 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes state governments OK so still one can't really say "THEY" are doing nothing.

"They," who are in control in the congress (republican) who are responsible for making our laws are doing nothing. The states are TRYING to do something because congress isn't, but if someone can just go to the state next door it doesn't help much.
(02-16-2018, 12:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:21 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes state governments OK so still one can't really say "THEY" are doing nothing.

"They," who are in control in the congress (republican) who are responsible for making our laws are doing nothing. The states are TRYING to do something because congress isn't, but if someone can just go to the state next door it doesn't help much.
What do you want "they"  to do?

No offense but all I hear is that we HAVE to do something. But NO ONE EVER says what.
(02-16-2018, 12:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: What gun law would have prevented this Florida shooting?

I haven't answered this up-thread before because we've gone round in circles enough. We/I concede nothing can prevent all these shootings, but perhaps in this case (and others) if it wasn't legal for a teenager to buy an assault rifle he may not have bought one at all, or used something LESS capable of such rapid carnage. Even if it was just one more child home with their family it's better than doing nothing at all. 

I'm out of time now, but I'm certain we can find ways to lessen these events or at least lessen the carnage by limiting how many shots can be fired so quickly. I think I heard over 150 per minute in this case?
(02-16-2018, 01:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: What gun law would have prevented this Florida shooting?

I haven't answered this up-thread before because we've gone round in circles enough. We/I concede nothing can prevent all these shootings, but perhaps in this case (and others) if it wasn't legal for a teenager to buy an assault rifle he may not have bought one at all, or used something LESS capable of such rapid carnage. Even if it was just one more child home with their family it's better than doing nothing at all. 

I'm out of time now, but I'm certain we can find ways to lessen these events or at least lessen the carnage by limiting how many shots can be fired so quickly. I think I heard over 150 per minute in this case?
It was not a assault rifle.... Value your emotional response solves nothing. And doing something solves nothing. ( it only affects the law abiding.) Tv is correct on what he wrote.

And yet value you keep looking to government to keep you safe....FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month. https://tiny.iavian.net/lm4g

More Deputies called to suspected shooter’s home 39 times over seven years. https://tiny.iavian.net/llwa

(02-16-2018, 01:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I can agree that the laws should not allow anyone to buy a firearm if they can't but a bottle of booze.

As far as limiting how many shots can be fired so quickly? I don't see that happening. There are far too many guns already out there that can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. And magazines that hold a lot of rounds.
Trying to remove these things from being sold or from those of us who already own them IMO is impossible.
And even if this was tried there would still be hundreds of thousands of these guns around and people with bad intentions could still find them. Or make them.
(02-16-2018, 01:55 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: And yet value you keep looking to government to keep you safe....FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month. https://tiny.iavian.net/lm4g

Yup, they fucked up and that sucks. I'm sure there are many heavy hearts in the bureau as we speak. They will also make changes so it will be unlikely to happen again.