Another day... another school shooting in America
(02-16-2018, 01:43 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 01:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: What gun law would have prevented this Florida shooting?

You and Scrapper both think something should be done... what?

I haven't answered this up-thread before because we've gone round in circles enough. We/I concede nothing can prevent all these shootings, but perhaps in this case (and others) if it wasn't legal for a teenager to buy an assault rifle he may not have bought one at all, or used something LESS capable of such rapid carnage. Even if it was just one more child home with their family it's better than doing nothing at all. 

I'm out of time now, but I'm certain we can find ways to lessen these events or at least lessen the carnage by limiting how many shots can be fired so quickly. I think I heard over 150 per minute in this case?
It was not a assault rifle.... Value your emotional response solves nothing.  And doing something solves nothing. ( it only affects the law abiding.)   Tv is correct on what he wrote.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

They're your hands.

[Image: bloody_hands_by_strictlydisobedient-d656slh.jpg]
(02-16-2018, 04:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: What gun law would have prevented this Florida shooting?

I haven't answered this up-thread before because we've gone round in circles enough. We/I concede nothing can prevent all these shootings, but perhaps in this case (and others) if it wasn't legal for a teenager to buy an assault rifle he may not have bought one at all, or used something LESS capable of such rapid carnage. Even if it was just one more child home with their family it's better than doing nothing at all. 

I'm out of time now, but I'm certain we can find ways to lessen these events or at least lessen the carnage by limiting how many shots can be fired so quickly. I think I heard over 150 per minute in this case?
It was not a assault rifle.... Value your emotional response solves nothing.  And doing something solves nothing. ( it only affects the law abiding.)   Tv is correct on what he wrote.

They're your hands.

Sure they are another emotional worthless response.....Media ignoring 1 crucial factor in Florida school shooting. https://tiny.iavian.net/llp4

(02-16-2018, 05:30 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:

They're your hands.

Sure they are another emotional worthless response.....Media ignoring 1 crucial factor in Florida school shooting. https://tiny.iavian.net/llp4

Funny how I already knew this info if the media was really ignoring these things. Does every fucking thing HAVE to be the fault of the media or liberals in your world?
(02-16-2018, 03:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I can agree that the laws should not allow anyone to buy a firearm if they can't but a bottle of booze.

As far as limiting how many shots can be fired so quickly? I don't see that happening. There are far too many guns already out there that can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. And magazines that hold a lot of rounds.
Trying to remove these things from being sold or from those of us who already own them IMO is impossible.
And even if this was tried there would still be hundreds of thousands of these guns around and people with bad intentions could still find them. Or make them.

True. But does that mean we should continue to sell ever more?
(02-16-2018, 06:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I can agree that the laws should not allow anyone to buy a firearm if they can't but a bottle of booze.

As far as limiting how many shots can be fired so quickly? I don't see that happening. There are far too many guns already out there that can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. And magazines that hold a lot of rounds.
Trying to remove these things from being sold or from those of us who already own them IMO is impossible.
And even if this was tried there would still be hundreds of thousands of these guns around and people with bad intentions could still find them. Or make them.

A legal market sells a legal product?  I don't smoke, but they sell cigarettes to those who do.  I don't use drugs but our state has said it's ok.  I don't frequent sex shops, but the market dictates that Castle Superstore has it's store open. I don't agree with abortion but family "planning" centers exist all over the city that will perform this service.  We don't always get everything we want, but the market seems to adopt what makes money.  Having the 2nd Amendment preserves a lot of our culture, and it makes money.  Do you really think that you can change that?  I can't change any of the other things I mentioned, because there is a demand.  The same appears to be true of guns.
(02-16-2018, 05:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 01:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I haven't answered this up-thread before because we've gone round in circles enough. We/I concede nothing can prevent all these shootings, but perhaps in this case (and others) if it wasn't legal for a teenager to buy an assault rifle he may not have bought one at all, or used something LESS capable of such rapid carnage. Even if it was just one more child home with their family it's better than doing nothing at all. 

They're your hands.

Funny how I already knew this info if the media was really ignoring these things. Does every fucking thing HAVE to be the fault of the media or liberals in your world?
And so again you have a issue with facts.... Fact is meds are present in nearly all shooting and fact is they can have terrible side affects with some of these being having the urge to kill, harm, others and self..... Care to explain why the media is not talking about these, or the lefty here???

(02-16-2018, 08:34 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 01:43 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: It was not a assault rifle.... Value your emotional response solves nothing.  And doing something solves nothing. ( it only affects the law abiding.)   Tv is correct on what he wrote.

They're your hands.

And so again you have a issue with facts.... Fact is meds are present in nearly all shooting and fact is they can have terrible side affects with some of these being having the urge to kill, harm, others and self..... Care to explain why the media is not talking about these, or the lefty here???  

The media I watch DOES talk about these and the "lefty" doesn't want someone taking these meds to be able to purchase any and every gun they decide they need. YOUR  POS fake president lifted the restrictions the first chance he got didn't he?
The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle

Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who charged with murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, honed his marksmanship skills in a school program supported by the NRA. Cruz was, according to the Associated Press, a member of the school’s four-person varsity marksmanship team, which received a $10,000 grant from the NRA in 2016.

The marksmanship team was part of the schools’ JROTC program. On the team, Cruz trained with “air rifles special-made for target shooting, typically on indoor ranges at targets the size of a coin.”

Cruz discussed his AR-15 with other team members and was given the nickname “Wolf.” Another member of the team described him as “a very good shot.”

The NRA declined to comment on the donation. In 2015, the NRA Foundation gave $2.2 million in similar grants promoting gun use to schools around the country. This includes grants “to elementary and middle schools.”
The NRA Foundation’s website says it’s “investing in the next generation of America’s leaders” by devoting “a significant majority” of the group’s grants to “youth shooting sports.”
So?? Do guns serve one well when used in self-defense taught by the nra??

(02-16-2018, 08:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 04:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote: They're your hands.

The media I watch DOES talk about these and the "lefty" doesn't want someone taking these meds to be able to purchase any and every gun they decide they need. YOUR  POS fake president lifted the restrictions the first chance he got didn't he?
Yawn... Nice talking points.... Hanging out on the coast in the travel trailer with the wife... I think I'll go back to my debate with my brother on ls vs coyote on our latest car builds we are planning.... My current ls made 700 plus n.a ... You are dull and boring tonight with your lefty talking points cheers..

(02-16-2018, 09:39 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 08:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 05:30 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: Sure they are another emotional worthless response.....Media ignoring 1 crucial factor in Florida school shooting. https://tiny.iavian.net/llp4

Yawn... Nice talking points.... Hanging out on the coast in the travel trailer with the wife... I think I'll go back to my debate with my brother on ls vs coyote on our latest car builds we are planning.... My current ls made 700 plus n.a ... You are dull and boring tonight with your lefty talking points cheers..

Well when you say you don't use drugs, you must mean those that are purchased on the street. To us here on this forum you have such a wide, unbalanced, wild way of posting, you are definitely on something prescribed or sure need to be. WOW! You should Corral that Cowboy or Cowboy Corral, but chilling out on the coast sounds great.  Laughing
(02-16-2018, 04:27 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 01:55 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: And yet value you keep looking to government to keep you safe....FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month. https://tiny.iavian.net/lm4g

Yup, they fucked up and that sucks. I'm sure there are many heavy hearts in the bureau as we speak. They will also make changes so it will be unlikely to happen again.

I doubt it. God complex, they will place blame elsewhere and sleep soundly.
(02-17-2018, 08:50 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 01:55 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: And yet value you keep looking to government to keep you safe....FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month. https://tiny.iavian.net/lm4g

Yup, they fucked up and that sucks. I'm sure there are many heavy hearts in the bureau as we speak. They will also make changes so it will be unlikely to happen again.

Further proof of our divided nation. Those that believe there are more good people than bad in EVERY occupation and those that assume the opposite.
(02-17-2018, 11:46 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 08:50 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Further proof of our divided nation. Those that believe there are more good people than bad in EVERY occupation and those that assume the opposite.

That seems to sum it up.
(02-16-2018, 06:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Even more what? Assault rifles? I have pistols that came with an 18 round magazine. But you can buy 30 round mags. So even if semi auto rifles were banned someone with a couple pistols could still pull off a mass shooting.

And I'm not willing to limit people to only six shots.
(02-16-2018, 01:43 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: It was not a assault rifle.... Value your emotional response solves nothing.  And doing something solves nothing. ( it only affects the law abiding.)   Tv is correct on what he wrote.

They're your hands.

Slow down Hoss and try and understand what I said. I did not dispute the facts at all. I disputed the part where you claim the media doesn't give the facts.
(02-16-2018, 09:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle

Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who charged with murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, honed his marksmanship skills in a school program supported by the NRA. Cruz was, according to the Associated Press, a member of the school’s four-person varsity marksmanship team, which received a $10,000 grant from the NRA in 2016.

The marksmanship team was part of the schools’ JROTC program. On the team, Cruz trained with “air rifles special-made for target shooting, typically on indoor ranges at targets the size of a coin.”

Cruz discussed his AR-15 with other team members and was given the nickname “Wolf.” Another member of the team described him as “a very good shot.”

The NRA declined to comment on the donation. In 2015, the NRA Foundation gave $2.2 million in similar grants promoting gun use to schools around the country. This includes grants “to elementary and middle schools.”
The NRA Foundation’s website says it’s “investing in the next generation of America’s leaders” by devoting “a significant majority” of the group’s grants to “youth shooting sports.”
  Sorry VS but shooting is a legitimate sport. Shooting has been taught in schools for decades. It's even an Olympic sport. There's nothing wrong with shooting. There is something wrong with people like Cruz.I don't believe for one minute that this nut would not have had guns with or without a school marksmanship program.
(02-17-2018, 02:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 09:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle

Sorry VS but shooting is a legitimate sport. Shooting has been taught in schools for decades. It's even an Olympic sport. There's nothing wrong with shooting. There is something wrong with people like Cruz.I don't believe for one minute that this nut would not have had guns with or without a school marksmanship program.

The NRA appears to support no restrictions on buying guns. Ever. Do you think it's about rights or money? They dole out millions and millions of $$ to get and or keep as many people buying as many guns as they can afford. 

Promoting real gun use to "elementary and middle school” kids is not a good thing in my view. That age a BB or pellet is more than enough to teach proper handling and shooting techniques. imho  Razz 

TRYING  to keep guns out of the hands of those who would do harm with them is what civilized people do. Saying restrictions can't stop or lessen EVERY SINGLE TRAGEDY, (though true) some COULD be prevented or the carnage lessened.
(02-17-2018, 02:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

The NRA appears to support no restrictions on buying guns. Ever. Do you think it's about rights or money? They dole out millions and millions of $$ to get and or keep as many people buying as many guns as they can afford. 

Promoting real gun use to "elementary and middle school” kids is not a good thing in my view. That age a BB or pellet is more than enough to teach proper handling and shooting techniques. imho  Razz 

TRYING  to keep guns out of the hands of those who would do harm with them is what civilized people do. Saying restrictions can't stop or lessen EVERY SINGLE TRAGEDY, (though true) some COULD be prevented or the carnage lessened.

I don't like the NRA for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Promoting real gun use to "elementary and middle school” kids is not a good thing in my view. That age a BB or pellet is more than enough to teach proper handling and shooting techniques. imho

Did you miss this?......
On the team, Cruz trained withair rifles special-made for target shooting,
(02-17-2018, 02:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I don't like the NRA for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Promoting real gun use to "elementary and middle school” kids is not a good thing in my view. That age a BB or pellet is more than enough to teach proper handling and shooting techniques. imho

Did you miss this?......
On the team, Cruz trained withair rifles special-made for target shooting,

I didn't, but I'm sure he practised with his real guns too. (not at school)