Another day... another school shooting in America
(02-17-2018, 02:58 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 09:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle

Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who charged with murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, honed his marksmanship skills in a school program supported by the NRA. Cruz was, according to the Associated Press, a member of the school’s four-person varsity marksmanship team, which received a $10,000 grant from the NRA in 2016.

The marksmanship team was part of the schools’ JROTC program. On the team, Cruz trained with “air rifles special-made for target shooting, typically on indoor ranges at targets the size of a coin.”

Cruz discussed his AR-15 with other team members and was given the nickname “Wolf.” Another member of the team described him as “a very good shot.”

The NRA declined to comment on the donation. In 2015, the NRA Foundation gave $2.2 million in similar grants promoting gun use to schools around the country. This includes grants “to elementary and middle schools.”
The NRA Foundation’s website says it’s “investing in the next generation of America’s leaders” by devoting “a significant majority” of the group’s grants to “youth shooting sports.”
  Sorry VS but shooting is a legitimate sport. Shooting has been taught in schools for decades. It's even an Olympic sport. There's nothing wrong with shooting. There is something wrong with people like Cruz.I don't believe for one minute that this nut would not have had guns with or without a school marksmanship program.

The NRA appears to support no restrictions on buying guns. Ever. Do you think it's about rights or money? They dole out millions and millions of $$ to get and or keep as many people buying as many guns as they can afford. 

Promoting real gun use to "elementary and middle school” kids is not a good thing in my view. That age a BB or pellet is more than enough to teach proper handling and shooting techniques. imho  Razz 

TRYING  to keep guns out of the hands of those who would do harm with them is what civilized people do. Saying restrictions can't stop or lessen EVERY SINGLE TRAGEDY, (though true) some COULD be prevented or the carnage lessened.

I don't like the NRA for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Promoting real gun use to "elementary and middle school” kids is not a good thing in my view. That age a BB or pellet is more than enough to teach proper handling and shooting techniques. imho

Did you miss this?......
On the team, Cruz trained withair rifles special-made for target shooting,

I didn't, but I'm sure he practised with his real guns too. (not at school)
Well of course he did. But you can't blame the NRA or the school for teaching kids the proper way to practice the SPORT of using a gun when a tiny minuscule fraction of then might be a psychopathic nut job.
[Image: DWR7x94VAAE77uc.jpg]
(02-17-2018, 07:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [Image: DWR7x94VAAE77uc.jpg]

I hate fucking memes devoid of info. But it is true LOL
(02-17-2018, 07:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 07:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [Image: DWR7x94VAAE77uc.jpg]

I hate fucking memes devoid of info. But it is true LOL

Well I don't believe it is true, as written. He overturned an Obama rule that allowed families of elderly people who couldn't do their own finances to lose their 2nd amendment right.  Trump thought there was a constitutional problem with that rule and removed it.  A very NARROW interpretation that I don't think can accurately be stated as "allowing people with serious mental illnesses to buy guns"  But if that is how you want to interpret it, go right ahead.  Personally, I think you are perpetuating a falsehood.
(02-17-2018, 09:20 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 07:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: I hate fucking memes devoid of info. But it is true LOL

Well I don't believe it is true, as written. He overturned an Obama rule that allowed families of elderly people who couldn't do their own finances to lose their 2nd amendment right.  Trump thought there was a constitutional problem with that rule and removed it.  A very NARROW interpretation that I don't think can accurately be stated as "allowing people with serious mental illnesses to buy guns"  But if that is how you want to interpret it, go right ahead.  Personally, I think you are perpetuating a falsehood.

CLAIM
Claim: President Trump signed a bill blocking Obama-era background checks on guns for people with mental illnesses.

RATING
[Image: det-mostlytrue.gif] MOSTLY TRUE
ORIGIN
Origin: In the wake of a horrific school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead in February 2018, media renewed focus on an Obama-era regulation repealed in the early months of the Trump administration. That rule would have given the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which is used for gun sales, access to Social Security Administration data including the names of individuals receiving certain federal mental health benefits.
As we explained in a 17 February 2017 post, this rule — which never went into effect before being rescinded — did not change any existing laws regulating who is allowed to purchase guns. It merely would have provided a new way to enforce existing restrictions on gun sales by allowing a transfer of information from one agency to another. There are now, and have been for some time, laws that seek to limit gun sales to anyone “who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution” per Title 18 section 922(g) of the United States Code. However, according to the Associated Press:
Quote:The Obama rule would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from being able to purchase a firearm. It was crafted as part of Obama’s efforts to strengthen the federal background check system in the wake of the 2012 massacre of 20 young students and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
The rule was rescinded using a legal procedure called the the Congressional Review Act, which, prior to the Trump Administration, was obscure and little-used. It allows regulations passed in the final days of one administration to be rescinded with a simple majority vote in both chambers of Congress during the first 60 days of a new administration. The Senate sent their repeal of the Obama-era measure for Trump’s signature on 15 February 2017 — a year and a day before the Parkland shooting — and Trump signed it into law the next week, on 28 February 2017.
While the law did not change who is required to be the subject of background checks, it is true that Trump signed into law the repeal of a measure that would have plausibly prevented certain classes of mentally ill people from purchasing firearms by allowing a new data source to be included the system that runs those background checks. As such we rank the claim mostly true.
Want to see gun control enacted? Support a movement to arm all black Americans.  Big Grin
(02-17-2018, 07:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: I hate fucking memes devoid of info. But it is true LOL

" an Obama rule that allowed families of elderly people who couldn't do their own finances to lose their 2nd amendment right."

Really? Is that what you meant to write? I don't believe it did anything like that.

correction; I just looked at the document and it doesn't do that at all.
(02-17-2018, 11:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Want to see gun control enacted? Support a movement to arm all black Americans.  Big Grin

They already have that right, except for felons, which is not race based at all.  I happen to believe that if more black Americans in the inner cities were allowed to own guns (local laws restrict the rights of citizens in those places), they would probably have a very large and positive effect on their local crime rates.
(02-17-2018, 11:57 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 11:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Want to see gun control enacted? Support a movement to arm all black Americans.  Big Grin

They already have that right, except for felons, which is not race based at all.  I happen to believe that if more black Americans in the inner cities were allowed to own guns (local laws restrict the rights of citizens in those places), they would probably have a very large and positive effect on their local crime rates.

It was a joke. You know because we have so many racist at the top echelons of our governing bodies at the moment.
(02-17-2018, 09:25 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

CLAIM
Claim: President Trump signed a bill blocking Obama-era background checks on guns for people with mental illnesses.

RATING
[Image: det-mostlytrue.gif] MOSTLY TRUE
ORIGIN
Origin: In the wake of a horrific school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead in February 2018, media renewed focus on an Obama-era regulation repealed in the early months of the Trump administration. That rule would have given the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which is used for gun sales, access to Social Security Administration data including the names of individuals receiving certain federal mental health benefits.
As we explained in a 17 February 2017 post, this rule — which never went into effect before being rescinded — did not change any existing laws regulating who is allowed to purchase guns. It merely would have provided a new way to enforce existing restrictions on gun sales by allowing a transfer of information from one agency to another. There are now, and have been for some time, laws that seek to limit gun sales to anyone “who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution” per Title 18 section 922(g) of the United States Code. However, according to the Associated Press:
Quote:The Obama rule would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from being able to purchase a firearm. It was crafted as part of Obama’s efforts to strengthen the federal background check system in the wake of the 2012 massacre of 20 young students and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
The rule was rescinded using a legal procedure called the the Congressional Review Act, which, prior to the Trump Administration, was obscure and little-used. It allows regulations passed in the final days of one administration to be rescinded with a simple majority vote in both chambers of Congress during the first 60 days of a new administration. The Senate sent their repeal of the Obama-era measure for Trump’s signature on 15 February 2017 — a year and a day before the Parkland shooting — and Trump signed it into law the next week, on 28 February 2017.
While the law did not change who is required to be the subject of background checks, it is true that Trump signed into law the repeal of a measure that would have plausibly prevented certain classes of mentally ill people from purchasing firearms by allowing a new data source to be included the system that runs those background checks. As such we rank the claim mostly true.
Right. I know. I looked it up like I always have to do when people post memes. I have a few friends on FB who post NOTHING but memes. VERY often they are factually wrong or total bullshit.
I should start a thread here. BTW the people who continually post bullshit rarely EVER respond when I post the truth with a link to prove it.
(02-18-2018, 12:54 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

It was a joke. You know because we have so many racist at the top echelons of our governing bodies at the moment.
 Someones dad. He didn't say anything about rights. Anyway the black Americans who shouldn't be armed already are. The amount of crime they commit and their incarceration rate back up my claim.

And I find it utterly amazing that virtually NO politician will EVER say what I just said.
(02-18-2018, 01:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Someones dad. He didn't say anything about rights. Anyway the black Americans who shouldn't be armed already are. The amount of crime they commit and their incarceration rate back up my claim.

And I find it utterly amazing that virtually NO politician will EVER say what I just said.

i don't disagree with you.  My point was that the law abiding blacks in those communities are unable to arm themselves to take their communities back from the criminals.
(02-18-2018, 01:51 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

i don't disagree with you.  My point was that the law abiding blacks in those communities are unable to arm themselves to take their communities back from the criminals.
Too many don't want to, are afraid,are incapable, don't give a shit and or won't help the PO PO do their job because the police and whitey are the same thing.. evil.
(02-18-2018, 02:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 11:57 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: They already have that right, except for felons, which is not race based at all.  I happen to believe that if more black Americans in the inner cities were allowed to own guns (local laws restrict the rights of citizens in those places), they would probably have a very large and positive effect on their local crime rates.

Too many don't want to, are afraid,are incapable, don't give a shit and or won't help the PO PO do their job because the police and whitey are the same thing.. evil.

And some DO want to, but are restricted by local and state laws that prohibit their free exercise of the 2nd.  The fact that they are unarmed and left to the terror of the street thugs is specifically because they ARE law abiding.
(02-18-2018, 02:20 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 02:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 12:54 AM)Valuesize Wrote:  It was a joke. You know because we have so many racist at the top echelons of our governing bodies at the moment.

And some DO want to, but are restricted by local and state laws that prohibit their free exercise of the 2nd.  The fact that they are unarmed and left to the terror of the street thugs is specifically because they ARE law abiding.

Yes I think you are correct, in places like Chicago, New York and California.
[Image: DWaRT_FW4AILBeK.jpg]
(02-19-2018, 06:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [Image: DWaRT_FW4AILBeK.jpg]

she needs shoes with a stiletto.

[Image: frwlknife1-300x172.jpg]

Some one should explain to the little girl that that her being shot in a school is still extremely unlikely.
(02-19-2018, 09:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Some one should explain to the little girl that that her being shot in a school is still extremely unlikely.

Tell her, she more likely to get raped.
I know how I felt when I first heard about the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. I grew up not too far from there. Old friends of mine still live in that area, and some of them have kids who go to that school. So my first thought was, “Are my friends’ kids dead?” Now we’re learning that when the pieces of filth running Donald Trump’s White House first heard about the shooting, what they felt was relief. No, really.

One of Trump’s White House Officials, who refused to attach their own name to these words for rather obvious reasons, summed up the shooting this way to the Washington Post: “For everyone, it was a distraction or a reprieve. A lot of people here felt like it was a reprieve from seven or eight days of just getting pummeled.” (link). Are you kidding me? I mean seriously, someone please tell me this isn’t a real quote, because I don’t even know what to say about it. Sadly, this indeed a real quote from a real Trump White House adviser.

Not only do Trump and his goons view themselves as the victims because they’re finally having to face questions about their own criminal antics, they felt relieved when a bunch of innocent American children were murdered, because it meant a day off from having to face questions about their criminal antics. I get that these people are feeling the heat, but you know what? So what.

The truly revealing part about this quote is that it isn’t merely one Trump White House adviser being dumb enough to admit to having felt relieved about she school shooting. This is one Trump adviser saying that they pretty much all felt that way. This is the kind of culture that career criminal and worthless subhuman Donald Trump has installed in the White House. For this alone he should be impeached.