Those Damned Russians
Initially I posted this in TV's let's be real, but decided to create a thread for it.

I've talked about how Neanderthal and backwards the FB WARS! group is... but I still go and look...today this was posted with no indication it was joke, by the administrators.  The group seems to be gloating in it, feeling it's proof that the Russians can't influence US!!  Pretty amusing stuff.

Attention,

We have a serious WARS! matter that may concern you.

We have all heard the rumors of Russian meddling in our recent election.

Yesterday, at approximately 1330 hours, Ryan Mallory and I were notified that we were one among 10’s of thousands of Facebook groups that potentially had people join that were in fact, not here locally or even the US, but operating out of St. Petersburg, Russia in an attempt to use this group to steer the results of the election.

While we were given no details or names or dates, we’ve been assured that Facebook has closed those accounts down, thus they’re no longer in this group or any other Facebook group.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thank you.
That's pretty funny. I don't bother looking at people's profiles, but I do have haters looking at mine.
(02-17-2018, 11:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote: That's pretty funny.  I don't bother looking at people's profiles, but I do have haters looking at mine.

Well even if you were looking at some Russians post you would never know it. But yeah it's pretty pathetic when people look at your page to try and find something to denigrate you.

I think I have most of my pics private but I thought so before and was wrong... Some lady I was arguing with told me to put a shirt on LOL.
I thought what????  And then I figured out she must have been looking at a pic of me in my garden.
(02-17-2018, 10:59 AM)Juniper Wrote: Initially I posted this in TV's let's be real, but decided to create a thread for it.

I've talked about how Neanderthal and backwards the FB WARS! group is... but I still go and look...today this was posted with no indication it was joke, by the administrators.  The group seems to be gloating in it, feeling it's proof that the Russians can't influence US!!  Pretty amusing stuff.

Attention,

Yesterday, at approximately 1330 hours, Ryan Mallory and I were notified that we were one among 10’s of thousands of Facebook groups that potentially had people join that were in fact, not here locally or even the US, but operating out of St. Petersburg, Russia in an attempt to use this group to steer the results of the election.

While we were given no details or names or dates, we’ve been assured that Facebook has closed those accounts down, thus they’re no longer in this group or any other Facebook group.

Thank you.

I wonder what in the hell makes them think no one was influenced? Hell I think almost all of them were.
I remember trying to explain the FACT that Hillary did NOT get a rapist off and laugh about it.

But it's an echo chamber of mostly seemingly uneducated people who are content to staying that way.
(02-17-2018, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 11:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote: That's pretty funny.  I don't bother looking at people's profiles, but I do have haters looking at mine.

Well even if you were looking at some Russians post you would never know it. But yeah it's pretty pathetic when people look at your page to try and find something to denigrate you.

I think I have most of my pics private but I thought so before and was wrong... Some lady I was arguing with told me to put a shirt on LOL.
I thought what????  And then I figured out she must have been looking at a pic of me in my garden.

I'm pretty sure you've seen posts aimed at me that could only have been made by looking at my profile.  I don't have much personal written on my profile but what was said was cherry picked from mine.  But I think the thing about Russian infiltration of their page is not about the individuals and their profiles, (I may be wrong) but about the algorithms produced by that page with it's slavering hysterics and fanatical posturing.
(02-17-2018, 03:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 10:59 AM)Juniper Wrote: Initially I posted this in TV's let's be real, but decided to create a thread for it.

Attention,

Thank you.

I wonder what in the hell makes them think no one was influenced? Hell I think almost all of them were.
I remember trying to explain the FACT that Hillary did NOT get a rapist off and laugh about it.

But it's an echo chamber of mostly seemingly uneducated people who are content to staying that way.

They don't think no one was influenced, they just can't prove it.
(02-17-2018, 03:19 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm pretty sure you've seen posts aimed at me that could only have been made by looking at my profile.  I don't have much personal written on my profile but what was said was cherry picked from mine.  But I think the thing about Russian infiltration of their page is not about the individuals and their profiles, (I may be wrong) but about the algorithms produced by that page with it's slavering hysterics and fanatical posturing.

I don't know but it seems to the memes and things posted on any particular site have a person who posted it. But it's original author could be Russian.