TV - You on here atm?
(02-17-2018, 07:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 07:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 07:25 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 05:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 05:24 PM)GPnative Wrote: Might as well go full circle on this thread. If anyone wants a great inexpensive flush mount LED light, Costco has one on sale for $19.99. We needed a brighter light on the pantry side of the kitchen and this sucker is great, Worth every penny and a nice clean modern look to it.

link to LED light

Second purchase, I have been wanting to replace our old, crusty porch light for a long time. Costco also has this currently on sale in store for only $15.50! This is the kind of light Home Depot would want $60 bucks for, if not more. So there you go head to Costco if you want to grab a deal on some LED lighting Smiling

Porch light

I like the indoor light. That's a good deal. But the porch light is too dim for me. Only equivalent to a 40 watt bulb and you can't put in a different bulb in it.

Now that it is dark i went out to admire my new light, I must say it is much brighter than expected, certainly more so than a standard 40 watt incandescent imo

I guess it's just because it's different kind of light. One would think the LED is about the same brightness as a 40 watt incandescent like they claim.
I have LED lights that replaced the 32 watt florescent tubes and they seem brighter than the original.

The CFL take longer to get to full brightness than LED. Especially in sub freezing temps.

CFL is a dirty word in this house, I loathe CFLs. They suck on so many levels.
(02-17-2018, 08:06 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 05:44 PM)tvguy Wrote: I like the indoor light. That's a good deal. But the porch light is too dim for me. Only equivalent to a 40 watt bulb and you can't put in a different bulb in it.

Now that it is dark i went out to admire my new light, I must say it is much brighter than expected, certainly more so than a standard 40 watt incandescent imo

I guess it's just because it's different kind of light. One would think the LED is about the same brightness as a 40 watt incandescent like they claim.
I have LED lights that replaced the 32 watt florescent tubes and they seem brighter than the original.

The CFL take longer to get to full brightness than LED. Especially in sub freezing temps.

CFL is a dirty word in this house, I loathe CFLs. They suck on so many levels.

Nothing like a little Hg in a glass tube under vacuum.
(02-17-2018, 05:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 05:24 PM)GPnative Wrote: Might as well go full circle on this thread. If anyone wants a great inexpensive flush mount LED light, Costco has one on sale for $19.99. We needed a brighter light on the pantry side of the kitchen and this sucker is great, Worth every penny and a nice clean modern look to it.

link to LED light

Second purchase, I have been wanting to replace our old, crusty porch light for a long time. Costco also has this currently on sale in store for only $15.50! This is the kind of light Home Depot would want $60 bucks for, if not more. So there you go head to Costco if you want to grab a deal on some LED lighting Smiling

Porch light

I like the indoor light. That's a good deal. But the porch light is too dim for me. Only equivalent to a 40 watt bulb and you can't put in a different bulb in it.

Oh you bet but I meant comparing the two new and fully warmed up. At this point florescent lights are obsolete.What no one told us when they were the best thing since sliced bread.
Is that while they may last X amount of time. They get dimmer and dimmer and slower and slower to reach it's brightest point.
(02-17-2018, 08:00 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 05:44 PM)tvguy Wrote: I like the indoor light. That's a good deal. But the porch light is too dim for me. Only equivalent to a 40 watt bulb and you can't put in a different bulb in it.

Actually I've always thought 40W was totally adequate for a porch. But I don't usually read out there. Razz

Well it depends. My porch light switch controls there different fixtures. One is on the driveway one is half way between the back door and our outdoor utility room. And the other is like most, right next to the door.
But between the back of my house and my shop (about 35 feet) the path is not lighted as well as it should be.

Something I have not mentioned ..My porch light has a switch beside it that turns on a VERY bright high pressure sodium fixture that is mounted near the peak on my gable. It's the orange kind of light they used to use a lot in street lighting commercial applications.
BUT it takes a few minutes to come on. So that's actually the one I need to replace.

I also have on the front of my shop about 20 feet high, a 1500 watt 220 volt quartz power sucking light fixture.
If I'm loading something or whatever in front of my shop this thing light it up like daytime LOL. I use it very little and still I have to replace the bulb too often. Those things get as hot as the sun.
(02-18-2018, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 07:25 PM)GPnative Wrote: Now that it is dark i went out to admire my new light, I must say it is much brighter than expected, certainly more so than a standard 40 watt incandescent imo

Actually I've always thought 40W was totally adequate for a porch. But I don't usually read out there. Razz

Well it depends. My porch light switch controls there different fixtures. One is on the driveway one is half way between the back door and our outdoor utility room. And the other is like most, right next to the door.
But between the back of my house and my shop (about 35 feet) the path is not lighted as well as it should be.

Something I have not mentioned ..My porch light has a switch beside it that turns on a VERY bright high pressure sodium fixture that is mounted near the peak on my gable. It's the orange kind of light they used to use a lot in street lighting commercial applications.
BUT it takes a few minutes to come on. So that's actually the one I need to replace.

I also have on the front of my shop about 20 feet high, a 1500 watt 220 volt quartz power sucking light fixture.
If I'm loading something or whatever in front of my shop this thing light it up like daytime LOL. I use it very little and still I have to replace the bulb too often. Those things get as hot as the sun.

220v light, good lord man!
(02-18-2018, 01:50 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 07:31 PM)tvguy Wrote: I guess it's just because it's different kind of light. One would think the LED is about the same brightness as a 40 watt incandescent like they claim.

220v light, good lord man!
Laughing Laughing One time the cops were chasing some guy. They finally caught him just on the other side of my fence and behind my neighbors garage. There were several cops wrestling with this guy in the dark until I turned that light on.
As they were all putting their flashlights away I said..... did that help?
One said boy howdy LOL. Anyway they were impressed.