Holy crap! Trump is right about something
(02-25-2018, 01:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:04 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:57 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:44 AM)Juniper Wrote: The thing is, it's kind of like being the thought police.  And there's bureaucracy.  It's easy to say there were red flags...but it's not as simple as: "Hey! He has bad thoughts!  Lock him up!"  And the very institutions that are supposed to be on top of all this are usually terribly underfunded, overworked and stuck in a system that grinds along with sand in it's gears. Nothing is universal...every institution and agency operates slowly and there is a whole system in place that makes these kinds of things impractical or even impossible.  I say this, not because I know anything about this particular case but I see how bureaucracy works for other things...child abuse/neglect for instance...and  have seen what a bungling mess it is. There's so many institutions involved...schools, DHS, Child protective services, State Law, Federal Law, medical law. And usually it doesn't come down to one supervisor and a rubber stamp, it's about how the law works in relation to others, how resources work, how agencies and institutions are enabled or disabled from doing their jobs...it's very complicated.
It's complicated.... I believe that's a cop out.  In this case, there were so many red flags... some that were actually reported. People, schools, organizations dropped the ball or passed the buck. What happened in Florida could have, and should have, been prevented.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with the specifics of this particular case, so I won't argue. I just know that what we get to know about it is just the tip of the iceberg and we don't really know what was or was not happening or why in his case.

Well Oregon just past a law where a family member or law enforcement can intervene and using the court system take away this nuts right to buy a gun OR to take away the guns he already had.

I thought there was already some way to remove guns from an individual. I was asked once to take and keep a friends guns so they wouldn't be confiscated by the police over some altercation (I don't remember the details).

He got them back at a later date, maybe a year or so.
The police can confiscate a gun that was or may have been used in a crime. Or if it's part of a drug stash.
That's a lot different than going to a judge and removing a persons second amendment right to own a gun.

If Florida had the same law we have the family OR a cop could have petitioned the court to have Cruz's guns taken away based on his erratic behavior.
WITHOUT all the red tape Juniper was talking about.