Well Juniper, were you able to fit all your trash in the can?
I've been wondering all day Razz

[Image: young-woman-in-trash-can-with-legs-hangi...id81774165]
Suspenseful isn't it!
(02-24-2018, 01:07 PM)Juniper Wrote: Suspenseful isn't it!

Laughing Laughing  My trash pick up day is Friday. My can was more full than normal but it all fit. And that included a bunch of out dated cereal boxes, vanilla wafers, triscuts and the like. Plus a little trash from my shop. And I did become the human compacter.
One of them expired in 2016 LOL
Well, I'm sure it will all fit...this week...the red can is currently empty, and it's scheduled for this week. I won't be putting it out.
We always have a ton of brown paper grocery bags.Even though we often bring our own green reusable bags. We save them for unknown reasons and then finally put them in the read can.
I can burn them this time of year. Mostly just to start fires in my shop wood stove. I wouldn't think they would pollute the air.
But in the summer?? Anyway I wonder if people who hate the plastic will now choose plastic bags because they take up a LOT less room in a garbage can.
(02-24-2018, 04:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: We always have a ton of brown paper grocery bags.Even though we often bring our own green reusable bags. We save them for unknown reasons and then finally put them in the read can.
I can burn them this time of year. Mostly just to start fires in my shop wood stove. I wouldn't think they would pollute the air.
But in the summer?? Anyway I wonder if people who hate the plastic will now choose plastic bags because they take up a LOT less room in a garbage can.

I'm the worst the the resusable bags. Even if I remember to take them in the car I usually leave them there and forget to bring them in.  The paper bags make great wall paper...that was a big thing a while back...maybe if you had enough you could give them away to someone who wanted to use them.
(02-24-2018, 04:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 04:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: We always have a ton of brown paper grocery bags.Even though we often bring our own green reusable bags. We save them for unknown reasons and then finally put them in the read can.

I'm the worst the the resusable bags. Even if I remember to take them in the car I usually leave them there and forget to bring them in.  The paper bags make great wall paper...that was a big thing a while back...maybe if you had enough you could give them away to someone who wanted to use them.
I thought about giving them away but I think NOW that you can't recycle them there will be a glut of them.
(02-24-2018, 04:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I thought about giving them away but I think NOW that you can't recycle them there will be a glut of them.

There's a lot of uses for them....if you have enough, someone will probably want them.
(02-24-2018, 04:29 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 04:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

There's a lot of uses for them....if you have enough, someone will probably want them.
 I don't think I want to hassle it. probably just gt used to the reusable bags. Meaning the wife will LOL
Sorry, I don't mean to change the subject but it's what we do here.   Big Grin

I looked at the Rogue Disposal site for the recycling changes but I'm confused. They indicate they will still take milk jugs. But are they accepting any other kinds of plastics? Juice jugs? jars? bottles?
(02-24-2018, 05:05 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Sorry, I don't mean to change the subject but it's what we do here.   Big Grin

I looked at the Rogue Disposal site for the recycling changes but I'm confused. They indicate they will still take milk jugs. But are they accepting any other kinds of plastics? Juice jugs? jars? bottles?

I don't know...doesn't sound like it.  Doesn't sound like they are going to take much of anything.
(02-24-2018, 06:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 05:05 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Sorry, I don't mean to change the subject but it's what we do here.   Big Grin

I don't know...doesn't sound like it.  Doesn't sound like they are going to take much of anything.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I'm not sure I'll have anything to recycle anymore.
(02-24-2018, 06:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:

The new law puts a deposit on yogurt smoothies.
A surprise to me when I got charged an extra $1.20 on three four packs.
The is no bar code on the bottle, so the recycling center won't issue a deposit back.
I checked with Winco, they won't take them either.

The manufacture doesn't have to have new packaging until next year. Who is getting my $1.20?
Do you have a state redemption center in your town? They will take them. I've done it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(02-24-2018, 08:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Do you have a state redemption center in your town? They will take them. I've done it.

What's a State redemption center?  Isn't that what he's saying wont take it?
(02-24-2018, 08:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 08:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Do you have a state redemption center in your town? They will take them. I've done it.

What's a State redemption center?  Isn't that what he's saying wont take it?
https://www.bottledropcenters.com/Home

I put Medford in... there's one in Medford and one in Grants Pass.

[Image: 94467e48e613df4994d78780f62d27ed.jpg]

(02-24-2018, 08:46 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I put Medford in... there's one in Medford and one in Grants Pass.

[Image: 94467e48e613df4994d78780f62d27ed.jpg]

I don't know...the Medford one rejects anything I have without a barcode or "OR Deposit" label. I was wondering if you meant something different than the BottleDrop.
The updated law says they're supposed to take them.
Anything that won't work with their self-serve, take to the counter.
We use their green bags... fill them up and drop them off... they count them and the money goes into our account. Easy peasy.